Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,773 members, 7,862,532 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:54 PM

Is The Military Being Violent!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The Military Being Violent!! (416 Views)

Rivers Violent Rerun: Ben Llewellyn-Jones Asks Very Interesting Question / Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ / T-72 Tanks Used By The Military To Destroy Boko Haram (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is The Military Being Violent!! by Sylverly(m): 5:52pm On Jul 25, 2014
Since the inception of a Nigeria with so many security challenges,even the innocent citizens are being maltreated by the military..PLease share your experience if you have been a victim..
Re: Is The Military Being Violent!! by PointB: 5:56pm On Jul 25, 2014
@op,
In 24, Season 7. A similar question was asked of Jack Bauer (the lead actor). Here is his take:

Jack Bauer: For a combat soldier, the difference between success and failure is your ability to adapt to your enemy. The people that I deal with, they don't care about your rules. All they care about is a result. My job is to stop them from completing their objective, at all costs. I simply adapted. [s] In answer to your question, 'Am I above the law?', no sir. I am more than willing to be judged by the people you claim to represent. I will let them decide what price I should pay. But please sir, do not sit there with that smug look on your face and expect me to regret the decisions I have made. Because, sir, the truth is... I don't. [/s]

I crossed out the part that might not be too relevant!
Re: Is The Military Being Violent!! by Sylverly(m): 6:59pm On Jul 25, 2014
PointB: @op,
In 24, Season 7. A similar question was asked of Jack Bauer (the lead actor). Here is his take:

I cross at the part that might not be too relevant!
hmm...u cn stll expatiate on that.

(1) (Reply)

Police Arrests 5 Suspects Over Bomb Blast In Kano / Fraudulent Text Message / Jonathan Is True Democrat –mbadinuju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.