Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

What Is The Meaning Of Ebook - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Is The Meaning Of Ebook (873 Views)

What Is The Meaning Of Hacked By A.l.t On Www.funmiquadrionline.com? / Base64 Encode Meaning Of Google.com / How 2 Generate Bulksms Service And Meaning Of (api). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Meaning Of Ebook by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 13, 2008
fellow nairalanders, i will appreciate if anybody can explain to me the meaning and advantages of ebooks
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Ebook by yawatide(f): 6:52pm On Oct 13, 2008
Ebook - electronic format of a book. A book you download from somewhere as opposed to a physical book you can feel and touch.

Advantages:
- no more carrying heavy books
- you can get it from anywhere in the world, from the comfort of your home
- you help save the environment, if you choose not to print such books
- the onus is on the reader, not the publisher to spend money on paper used to print the books, thus saving publisher money.
- as opposed to ordering a book on say, amazon, an ebook is available for immediate reading.

Disadvantages
- for ppl like me, I have to have a physical book or at the very least, print an ebook out. I can't read long text on screen.
- if your computer gets a virus, bye bye book
- if ebook is large and ur unfortunate enough to live in an area with slow bandwidth, it cd take forever to download.

Thatz all i hv. Others r free to join.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Ebook by aphoe(m): 8:10pm On Oct 14, 2008
@ yawa-ti-de
if i was a lecturer/trainer, and i asked you that question in a test or exam. i would score you 102%
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Ebook by Em2va: 8:45pm On Oct 14, 2008
aphoe:

@ yawa-ti-de
if i was a lecturer/trainer, and i asked you that question in a test or exam. i would score you 102%

In short, I think we should recommend him for professorship or d' ya think
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Ebook by immgcom(m): 1:12am On Oct 15, 2008
A book that is sold through the internet and is electronic = e, which means that it can only be read through the internet or adobe reader or something of that sort smiley

(1) (Reply)

Piratebay.org A Good Place For Programmers / For Programmers / Here I Come To Say Hi To Everybody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.