Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,288 members, 7,811,863 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

Nasarawa Governor’s Impeachment: Chief Judge Inaugurates Probe Panel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nasarawa Governor’s Impeachment: Chief Judge Inaugurates Probe Panel (9386 Views)

Dasukigate: Probe Panel Summons 241 Firms Over Arms Scandal – FULL LIST HERE / Dasuki Lied, Shunned Arms Probe Panel’s Invitation –presidency / Gunmen Assassinate Aide To Nasarawa Governor, Al-makura (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nasarawa Governor’s Impeachment: Chief Judge Inaugurates Probe Panel by elbinmanny(m): 8:47pm On Jul 25, 2014
The impeachment move against Governor Tanko Al-makura, of Nasarawa State is moving one step closer to realisation, as the state Chief Judge inaugurate the seven-man probe panel directed by the State Assembly.

The inauguration of the committee is coming less than 24 hours after the meeting between the Peoples Democratic Party lawmakers in the state and the President, where it was hoped that a peace solution was insight.

The lawmakers may well make a good threat to impeach Governor Al-makura for alleged gross misconduct and misappropriation of the Sure-P and UBEC funds which accrued to the state under his administration.

The  State House of Assembly members had on Wednesday said they would continue with the bid to impeach the governor and passed a motion directing the state Chief Judge to set up the seven-man probe panel.

The resolution and subsequent directive, however, did not go down well with the four All Progressives Congress (APC) lawmakers who protested at the session.

The APC lawmakers and spokesperson for Governor Al-makura, Abdulhamid Kwara, reacted to the development from the assembly.

The APC had accused the ruling PDP and the presidency of fuelling the impeachment to stifle opposition, an allegation the presidency had denied.

Some indigenes of the state had held a protest against the process last week in an effort to coerce the lawmakers to stop the impeachment.

Few days after the protest, the lawmakers vowed to go ahead with the impeachment process against Governor Al-makura.

The chairman, House Committee on Information of the State House of Assembly, Mr Mohammed Ibaku, told reporters in Abuja on Sunday that the lawmakers would pursue the impeachment notice served on the governor for alleged embezzlement of funds

http://www.channelstv.com/2014/07/25/nasarawa-impeachment-chief-judge-inaugurates-probe-panel/

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Impeachment: Chief Judge Inaugurates Probe Panel by Decibel: 8:48pm On Jul 25, 2014
He has been marked for slaughter cool

6 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Impeachment: Chief Judge Inaugurates Probe Panel by Decibel: 8:48pm On Jul 25, 2014
grin cheesy grin cheesy
tongue tongue
Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Impeachment: Chief Judge Inaugurates Probe Panel by Decibel: 8:50pm On Jul 25, 2014
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Impeachment: Chief Judge Inaugurates Probe Panel by elbinmanny(m): 8:57pm On Jul 25, 2014
2015 pre-season drama*
spreads my mat grin
-
wait make i go bring pillow...e be like say this film go sweet o cheesy
Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Impeachment: Chief Judge Inaugurates Probe Panel by atlwireles: 9:01pm On Jul 25, 2014
I thought this man was going to cut a deal to save himself. Nasarawa PDP means business here.

2 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Impeachment: Chief Judge Inaugurates Probe Panel by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 25, 2014
Was the supporter of APC party expecting the president they hate so much to come to their rescue again? GEJ has been saving the supporter of APC party since 1804 but I doubt he'll rescue them this time.

supporter of APC party on the brink!

21 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Impeachment: Chief Judge Inaugurates Probe Panel by elbinmanny(m): 9:07pm On Jul 25, 2014
MODS...ngwanu...front page asap .... grin if na toto di,ck ...una for lipsrsealed
Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Impeachment: Chief Judge Inaugurates Probe Panel by chimerase2: 9:34pm On Jul 25, 2014
elbinmanny: MODS...ngwanu...front page asap .... grin if na toto di,ck ...una for lipsrsealed
u dn use ur hand spoil amu grin
No frontpage for u tongue

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Impeachment: Chief Judge Inaugurates Probe Panel by elbinmanny(m): 9:57pm On Jul 25, 2014
chimerase2: u dn use ur hand spoil amu grin
No frontpage for u tongue
cheesy imagine me for 4yrs now o..no front page... wetin i go post again kwanu sad . my enemies are truelly at work undecided
Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Impeachment: Chief Judge Inaugurates Probe Panel by Smartsyn(m): 10:02pm On Jul 25, 2014
I know some APC members ll be like this is not going happen again, because the lawmakers met with the president.

But they are wrong, because just like the BH boys must ve learnt by now, WE DON'T NEGOCIATE WITH TERRORIST.

14 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Impeachment: Chief Judge Inaugurates Probe Panel by Sec5(m): 10:12pm On Jul 25, 2014
If d gov is found culpable, let him go in for it.It is high time we stopped defending d corrupt because of party affiliation.

Also, the President should steer clear of any act capable of truncating d Democratic process.

In fact,let d house be left a free hand to fix culpability where culpability is.

3 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Impeachment: Chief Judge Inaugurates Probe Panel by nke001: 10:20pm On Jul 25, 2014
Transformation agenda of nigeria must not be felt in automotive, power... sectors alone. Political sect is currently feeling theirs. They have to relegate those politicians who are allergic to ''fresh air''.

Fresh Air till 2019.

12 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Impeachment: Chief Judge Inaugurates Probe Panel by saasala(m): 4:04pm On Jul 26, 2014
Following.
Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Impeachment: Chief Judge Inaugurates Probe Panel by NaLaugh: 4:04pm On Jul 26, 2014
Federal Republic of Committee.
Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Impeachment: Chief Judge Inaugurates Probe Panel by ojimbo(m): 4:08pm On Jul 26, 2014
elbinmanny: cheesy imagine me for 4yrs now o..no front page... wetin i go post again kwanu sad . my enemies are truelly at work undecided
your enemies shall fall like apc, they will be angry like apc, they will be confused like apc, u will excell like GEJ

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Impeachment: Chief Judge Inaugurates Probe Panel by BrAkingNews: 4:08pm On Jul 26, 2014
ok
Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Impeachment: Chief Judge Inaugurates Probe Panel by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 26, 2014
none of my biz.
Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Impeachment: Chief Judge Inaugurates Probe Panel by ichidodo: 4:10pm On Jul 26, 2014
Al makura is a goner.....Gunners4lyfe.
Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Impeachment: Chief Judge Inaugurates Probe Panel by Brymo: 4:11pm On Jul 26, 2014
Meaning almakura won't spend the sallah in the gov't house?
Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Impeachment: Chief Judge Inaugurates Probe Panel by Emmafrancis: 4:11pm On Jul 26, 2014
if he is guilty , then let him face the music. This wave of impeachment may turn out to be the best thing to happen to our democracy. It means no more stealing with impunity. My prayer is that it should not be restricted to the north alone, we need it down south too.

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Impeachment: Chief Judge Inaugurates Probe Panel by hensben(m): 4:15pm On Jul 26, 2014
Well, it sucks to be nassarawa state governor
Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Impeachment: Chief Judge Inaugurates Probe Panel by Welrez(m): 4:15pm On Jul 26, 2014
I thought El-rufai criticised GEJ for attempting to save this governor's a*s. He forgets that too much of anything is bad. See how he has helped to sink the governor.

So I finally made frontpage. Who says hardwork don't pay, lol
Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Impeachment: Chief Judge Inaugurates Probe Panel by shadowwalker101: 4:16pm On Jul 26, 2014
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]

Na wa oo
Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Impeachment: Chief Judge Inaugurates Probe Panel by Vikky014(f): 4:18pm On Jul 26, 2014
Too bad for the janjaweedians
Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Impeachment: Chief Judge Inaugurates Probe Panel by Emmafrancis: 4:18pm On Jul 26, 2014
Welrez: I thought El-rufai criticised GEJ for attempting to save this governor's ass.
that man's hobby is to criticise gej.

2 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Impeachment: Chief Judge Inaugurates Probe Panel by bunmioguns(m): 4:18pm On Jul 26, 2014
Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Impeachment: Chief Judge Inaugurates Probe Panel by saltoftheearth: 4:18pm On Jul 26, 2014
And should we list the impeachable offences committed by GEJ? I have no problem with impeaching a corrupt Governor if found culpable. However GEJ has several allegation of corruption against him which he has not defended or proven wrong. All he told us was to "ask America". "America will know". Why don't we leave the APC Governors alone since its only America that can know? How come when the theft is not committed by him and his fellows, the EFCC and state assemble suddenly knows? The sad part of this thriller is that GEJ does not have the network or cojones to survive being prosecuted when he lives office. The only reason he has friends now is because of the power he wields as the president of the federal republic of Nigeria. Once he leaves the office, he will reverse to his fisherman status and get taught not to throw stone when living in a glass house. That explains his desperation to remain in power at all cost. My advise Oga GEJ, make friends even with your political opponents. That is how those before you have survived prosecution and escaped jail terms.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Albert Obazee Turns Racist Asking An Igbo Hawker To Go To His State / Meet The Unique Nigerian Senator Who Has Never Uttered A Word In The Red Chamber / Jibrin Can Escape Suspension If…. – Golu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.