Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Stop Insulting Jonathan, Presidency Warns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Insulting Jonathan, Presidency Warns (1701 Views)

Federal Allocation: Presidency Warns Fayose / Fayose Threatens The Unity of Nigeria - Presidency Warns Nigerians / Stop Insulting Jonathan, Ex-ministers Tell Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Insulting Jonathan, Presidency Warns by lalasticlala(m): 12:32am On Jul 26, 2014
THE Presidency has warned those attacking President Goodluck Jonathan to put a stop to that against the backdrop that any insult melted on the president amounts to embarrassing the entire country.

The Presidency has also called on those who address the public to be mindful of their utterances while addressing them.

Speaking yesterday when he received a group under the aegis, Voice of Change Foundation, a Goodluck Support group made up of Nollywood celebrities, Sport stars and Musicians, in his office, Abuja, Special Adviser to the President, Prof. Rufai Ahmed Alkali who noted that ethno-cultural differences of the nation should be seen as its strength, not weakness, however stressed that nobody should make comments capable of trivialising any of them.

He said, “the founding fathers of Nigeria came from different background but with united demand for independence from the colonial master, this should be sustained irrespective of our political or professional divide.

“They were young but very visionary at that time but they used their effort to develop the nation without prejudice to any tribe or religion. If today is our time, we should aspire to make the nation bigger by joiningPresident Jonathan in actualizing the transformation agenda for the development of Nigeria.

“Sport unite the nation but the citizens should continue to hold it in high esteem at all times with or without sport,”

“President is the vocal point of the nation and every citizen need to be mindful of that fact. No child will abuse his father and still get public respect after doing so.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/07/stop-insulting-jonathan-presidency-warns/[color=#000099][/color]

Re: Stop Insulting Jonathan, Presidency Warns by Firefire(m): 12:34am On Jul 26, 2014
issokay.

youpeoplerepentorfacethemusic
Re: Stop Insulting Jonathan, Presidency Warns by oduastates: 12:43am On Jul 26, 2014
Hahahahahahaha
Re: Stop Insulting Jonathan, Presidency Warns by daveP(m): 12:47am On Jul 26, 2014
Look at that senseless reason given 'no child abuses his father....'
can he tell me the fatherly role GEJ has executed to make the child to make him/her tag him an 'idol' or 'model' this stupid press release happened in OBJ's time too

12 Likes

Re: Stop Insulting Jonathan, Presidency Warns by hugelyendowed: 12:51am On Jul 26, 2014
No father will allow his children go hungry and expect them to respect him

No father would allow his children to be killed everyday and expect respect from the ones alive

Any father that can't protect his own children from harm is not worthy to be called a father and thus shouldn't expect respect from the children.

11 Likes

Re: Stop Insulting Jonathan, Presidency Warns by fitzmayowa: 1:12am On Jul 26, 2014
Maybe ogbeni jonathan has forgotten that the constitution allows freedom of speech...when there are issues to attend to in this country...

Our dear Jonathan is busy warning those insulting him...SMH

3 Likes

Re: Stop Insulting Jonathan, Presidency Warns by thunderrider: 1:43am On Jul 26, 2014
fitzmayowa: Maybe ogbeni jonathan has forgotten that the constitution allows freedom of speech...when there are issues to attend to in this country...

Our dear Jonathan is busy warning those insulting him...SMH

Freedom of speech is guaranteed

But freedom after speech ...

grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Stop Insulting Jonathan, Presidency Warns by fitzmayowa: 1:46am On Jul 26, 2014
thunderrider:

Freedom of speech is guaranteed

But freedom after speech ...

grin grin grin

I guess we should ask Nyako...cheesy
Re: Stop Insulting Jonathan, Presidency Warns by ochilikoko(m): 4:00am On Jul 26, 2014
fitzmayowa:

I guess we should ask Nyako...cheesy
hahaahahhaha

No wonder d whites still refers to us as animals(monkey). We never know how to behave. Freedom of speech my foot

2 Likes

Re: Stop Insulting Jonathan, Presidency Warns by nairalife2013(m): 5:22am On Jul 26, 2014
Except those whose mind are negativly challenged, people don curse or insult God when prayers are not answered immediately. A wise saying has it that itz only greedy or ungrateful or VISITOR children dat berate their parents' efforts at keeping them alife and still go ahead and die. Upon all, may God forgive y'all, By Allah and in Jesus'name. We are not ungrateful. We are not greedy. Above all, we are not visitors in this long-savaged country. Rome was not biult in a day. Except u hav to wipe out by genocide, no one can build this country into a perfect shape in just four yrs. If he has done something wrong in not sacking d minister over bulletprove car believing d evidence are not strong enof, or in not killing those perceived to be sponsoring bh for fear of inter-ethnic or inter-religious bomerang, or has spared some money or powerdrunk folks here or there for reasons we may not decipher from afar, or has refused to use excessive force to rescue d chibokgirls for fear they might all get killed doesnt mean he is rather wicked, corrupt or ignoble. He is not as mean, adamantly greedy and corrupt as many before him. His lifestyle shows he wants d best fo d country, eventho he may not be d best. Therefore Reasonably, since there is no angel yet, letz rally round d so called devil. This may be d ace up our sleeves.

1 Like

Re: Stop Insulting Jonathan, Presidency Warns by Guidette(f): 5:39am On Jul 26, 2014
LMAO!! This man really cracks me up. There is no smoke without fire. People will not insult you if they think you are intelligent, competent and respectable. Simple as that.
Does someone who says:
"Most of what Nigerians call corruption is not corruption. It is mere stealing" - President Goodluck Jonathan (2014)
sound intelligent?
Does someone who says:
“Nigerians, don’t panic. Terrorist attacks are everywhere … maybe it is our turn.” – GEJ
sound competent?
Does someone who says:
"If I don't contest, Nigerians will feel wan kine" - President Goodluck Jonathan to Christiana Amanpour on CNN
sound respectable?

9 Likes

Re: Stop Insulting Jonathan, Presidency Warns by englishmart(m): 5:41am On Jul 26, 2014
It's really very annoying the way people insult the president.
Re: Stop Insulting Jonathan, Presidency Warns by aluunoble: 6:48am On Jul 26, 2014
Insult a president, insult the entire nationhood...

But we can't over rule the import of constructive criticism...
Re: Stop Insulting Jonathan, Presidency Warns by omenka(m): 7:05am On Jul 26, 2014
@ Guidette. I think your last quote is wrong. I remember that line like the morning sunrise, and it was made in the last presidential media chat he held in 2010 smiley

When asked if he was gonna stand for election, he was like "if I say I would run now (with fingers pointing to the floor), people would start feeling one kain" !

Sh*t hit me like a thunder bolt and I was like "wtf"!
This man leaves a whole world to be desired!!

@post: that man should go tell his puppeteer to stop abusing and insulting the sensibilities of Nigerians, and for once, treat them like that fatso son of his.

Tankyu! angry

5 Likes

Re: Stop Insulting Jonathan, Presidency Warns by Kanwulia: 7:16am On Jul 26, 2014
The president speaking for the president!
Ha! grin
Re: Stop Insulting Jonathan, Presidency Warns by lalasticlala(m): 7:49am On Jul 26, 2014
englishmart: It's really very annoying the way people insult the president.

d wife's own is d worst.
Re: Stop Insulting Jonathan, Presidency Warns by bustyhelen(f): 8:06am On Jul 26, 2014
if u insult Jonathan and Mama Peace unnecessarily, u will b dealt with by..........
Re: Stop Insulting Jonathan, Presidency Warns by benzion72(m): 8:10am On Jul 26, 2014
Let Jona resign today as the president and nobody will say a negative word about him. He is being abused because he is responsible for the life and welfare of Nigerians. If he is failing in his responsibility he expect people to keep quiet and be looking like mumu. If the heat is too much just leave the kitchen

1 Like

Re: Stop Insulting Jonathan, Presidency Warns by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:55am On Jul 26, 2014
Clueless drunk of a President, come catch me, I'm at present in Lagos State. Demdem, have you seen this crap?

3 Likes

Re: Stop Insulting Jonathan, Presidency Warns by Demdem(m): 9:05am On Jul 26, 2014
Fools these lot are.
They expect me not to continue to tell the world that I have a very useless and miserable leader for president?
His Foolishness, Egbere Retardeeen Jonathan is a curse to the Nigerian Nation.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Insulting Jonathan, Presidency Warns by ba7man(m): 9:19am On Jul 26, 2014
You earn respect, you don't demand for it..............If people don't respect you, check yourself.

#Basicwordsofwisdom.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Insulting Jonathan, Presidency Warns by Benedict44(m): 9:51am On Jul 26, 2014
oga jona leave them .Maybe u extend your tenure to 2099 and by then ur enemies would be with 70 virgins as allah promised them
Re: Stop Insulting Jonathan, Presidency Warns by MrT2011(m): 10:31am On Jul 26, 2014
benzion72:
Let Jona resign today as the president and nobody will say a negative word about him. He is being abused because he is responsible for the life and welfare of Nigerians. If he is failing in his responsibility he expect people to keep quiet and be looking like mumu. If the heat is too much just leave the kitchen

Monkey dey talk grin wink grin
Re: Stop Insulting Jonathan, Presidency Warns by daveP(m): 10:38am On Jul 26, 2014
All those doing 'camouflagic statements' as if GEJ hasnt irked them one way or the other.stop doing as if nothing is happening.
Besides he wont be the 1st.i dnt insult him,i jst criticize! Lobatan!!
Re: Stop Insulting Jonathan, Presidency Warns by Youngzedd(m): 10:45am On Jul 26, 2014
They should do what is right.

Death sentence for corruption.
Re: Stop Insulting Jonathan, Presidency Warns by englishmart(m): 11:09am On Jul 26, 2014
lalasticlala:

d wife's own is d worst.
I really don't like this. Maybe they think it's only the president they are insulting. They don't know they are insulting the entire nation.
Re: Stop Insulting Jonathan, Presidency Warns by Sammy107d(m): 12:22pm On Jul 26, 2014
englishmart: I really don't like this. Maybe they think it's only the president they are insulting. They don't know they are insulting the entire nation.

This does not make any sense. How does tagging Kim a fatso slight the entire north korean nation? The president should just do his job.
Re: Stop Insulting Jonathan, Presidency Warns by EdCure: 12:43pm On Jul 26, 2014
What he termed insults will stop when he stops making silly statements

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Jonathan Approved Ceasefire Deal With Boko Haram / FG To Legalize Arms Possessions For Nigerians / APC Convention: Fayemi Named As Chairman, May Emerge As Vice President Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.