Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,368 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Ebola In Our Daily Diets - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola In Our Daily Diets (798 Views)

Ebola In Abuja ? / Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic / Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola In Our Daily Diets by ikenna58(m): 9:21am On Jul 26, 2014
Fellow Nairalanders, it is with great concern that I open this thread.

It is no longer news that the Ebola Virus has found its way into our dear country and it is of no denial how deadly and fast-killing it is! Some would even acknowledge it deadly than the most deadly infection - HIV.

Furthermore, am sure we also know how this deadly infection is transmitted. Ebola can be passed through human-to-human transmission, with infection resulting from direct contact (through broken skin or mucous
membranes) with the blood, secretions, organs or other
bodily fluids of infected people, and indirect contact
with environments contaminated with such fluids. Burial
ceremonies in which mourners have direct contact with
the body of the deceased person can also play a role in
the transmission of Ebola. Men who have recovered
from the disease can still transmit the virus through
their semen for up to 7 weeks after recovery from
illness.

Now, my main area of concern is this.... There are certain diets we take everyday. Some of these diets are cooked first, others aren't. One diet that comes to mind is BREAD. I take bread almost on a daily basis as does most of us here; and since bread isn't cooked first before consumption, it can easily be transmitted when an infected person touches it. There are many diets we don't cook before eating but bread readily comes to mind...

How do we survive this deadly disease? God help us
Re: Ebola In Our Daily Diets by ikenna58(m): 10:30am On Jul 26, 2014
Or isn't it possible to contract the virus through our diets?
Re: Ebola In Our Daily Diets by ecolime(m): 6:49pm On Jul 26, 2014
Now is the time to be extra-ordinarily careful with the foods we eat. How to avoid unnecessary body contact in this congested Lagos is something to worry about especially for people commuting via public transportation. Going to the barbing saloon is another issue entirely. May God help us.

1 Like

Re: Ebola In Our Daily Diets by corisande: 6:56pm On Jul 26, 2014
Chai!

(1) (Reply)

Top Ebola Doctor In Sierra Leone Dies from Virus / Touching...11-year-old Donates Organs After Brain Tumor Takes His Life / Revisiting The Nma Strike - My Candid Opinion!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.