Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,932 members, 7,952,754 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:11 PM

FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia (30863 Views)

Military Takes Delivery Of Attack Helicopters / Nigeria Buys Helicopters From Russia / US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Nobody: 10:17am On Jul 26, 2014
In its determination to eliminate terrorism and smoke out Boko Haram members from their hide outs in parts of the North East and North West, the Federal Government has ordered 40 attack and transport helicopters from the United States of America and Russia.

In a related development, the military has arrested a man suspected to be connected to the twin explosions in Kaduna on Wednesday, which allegedly targeted the leader of All Progressives Congress, General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) and a cleric, Sheik Bauchi

Reliable sources in the Presidency revealed that some of the attack helicopters ordered would arrive in the country as early as next month while the remaining “will be received certainly before the end of the year to boost the Nigerian Air Force.”

The source added: “The arrival of the weaponry before the end of the year will be a game changer as it will help to ensure successful execution of the counter-terrorism and counter-insurgency operations, especially against the Boko Haram terrorists.

"Some military and other security forces are currently frustrated about their inability to storm the notorious Sambisa Forest where Boko Haram militants are keeping the abducted Chibok secondary school girls and also serving as operational headquarters of the group.

“The reason, according to the findings, is that security operatives are not only aware of the locations of the girls but are also closely monitoring the way that the girls are being moved around but are afraid of the backlash should any harm befall the girls in the course of a forced rescue.”

Also confirming the planned purchase, a top security source who pleaded for anonymity noted: "Past incidences during attempts to rescue British and Italian nationals in Sokoto and SETRACO workers which boomerang are the reasons that the security forces have been reluctant in storming the forest and rescuing the girls.

“I wish we could have a consensus of opinion from Nigerians that we should storm the forest and rescue the girls. The day Nigerians decide on that with one voice, to clear the forest will take less than one week".
Already, security forces have succeeded in ridding Zamfara, Kaduna, Jigawa and part of Bauchi states of Fulani cattle rustlers. These have been completely eliminated.”

The source stated further that although terrorism like any asymmetric wars have proven to be difficult to combat anywhere in the world, “the Nigerian security forces would have found it easier to deal with it, had there not been politicisation of the issue.”

THISDAY had exclusively reported two weeks ago that the Federal Government amongst other weaponry, had purchased two highly sophisticated Helicopter Gunships, which are due to arrive the country next month.
According to a source within the Office of National Security Adviser (ONSA), these choppers also include night vision technology to enable soldiers monitor and take out the terrorists who move mainly at night to carry out their dastardly acts.

The source added: "In fact, we now have the latest aircraft for surveillance and intelligence gathering. More of these weapons are on their way but these (helicopters) are for urgent purposes. I can assure you that more equipment are coming; serious ones."

In a related development, a military source confirmed THISDAY’s report that a special unit of counter-terrorism forces had just been trained under an international agreement and are ready to be fully deployed to volatile areas of terrorism activities
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fg-orders-40-attack-helicopters-from-us-russia-to-fight-terrorism/184576/

1 Like

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Akpaife(m): 10:23am On Jul 26, 2014
Boko harm in trouble grin

30 Likes

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 26, 2014
Long overdue

11 Likes

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by LaurelP(m): 10:34am On Jul 26, 2014
Call me when dis topic makes front page
Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Youngzedd(m): 10:35am On Jul 26, 2014
Finally here.

Kill them all.

3 Likes

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by kayboy4y(m): 10:35am On Jul 26, 2014
Action on Paper.... it seems Naija govt is buying the choppers for BH cos they will seize it and become their property. Anyways, let's hope to celebrate their TOTAL defeat and Nigeria will be safe and great again...

18 Likes

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by idupaul: 10:37am On Jul 26, 2014
Great move attack helicopter are the only solution to Boko Haram !!! Dem no born Shekua well to drive hilux convoys around when just two attack helicopters hover

6 Likes

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 26, 2014
Belated...
Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by rozayx5(m): 10:46am On Jul 26, 2014
nice development
Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Brimmie(m): 10:47am On Jul 26, 2014
Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by ba7man(m): 10:48am On Jul 26, 2014
They'll still need to apply intelligence and advanced surveillance to effectively deploy whatever gunships they've just purchased.

They should remember how rag-tag Afghanistan fighters won the Almighty USSR using just rocket lauchers to shoot down their most sophisticated gunships in the late 70's war between them.

You'll be suprised how effective a $200 launch tube and a $100 rocket can be against attack helicopters costing a million times more.

37 Likes

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 26, 2014
Wait. The copters would soon become boko properties.

6 Likes

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by chimerase2: 10:48am On Jul 26, 2014
Makachukwu I dey cook ewa goyi if I finish I go come comment

1 Like

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 26, 2014
Its not all about buying helicopters,its all about avoiding crash an in the case of the last incident.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 26, 2014
Which ones are they getting?

They need to put the names out there.

5 Likes

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by jodeci(m): 10:53am On Jul 26, 2014
LaurelP: Call me when dis topic makes front page

I dey come make I eat

It baffles me how adults still make comments like this.Wouldnt it hv bn better to read and move on?

11 Likes

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by ratiken(m): 10:54am On Jul 26, 2014
berem: Its not all about buying helicopters,its all about avoiding crash an in the case of the last incident.

With the way you gloat over evil happenings and our security challenges. I can comfortably say you are an enemy of this country.
I hope this is not you in real life?

53 Likes

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by juman(m): 10:56am On Jul 26, 2014
tpacalipse: Wait. The copters would soon become boko properties.

Abi.

The copters the bokos would seize from them or set them on fire.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by bruno419(m): 10:57am On Jul 26, 2014
I hope this is not another means of stealing their(our)money undecided

1 Like

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 26, 2014
ratiken:

With the way you gloat over evil happenings and our security challenges. I can comfortably you are an enemy of this country.
I hope this is not you in real life?
Shut the fucck up!!

21 Likes

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 26, 2014
When they get these?
And boko haram militants successfully destroy them ?

They would need adequate surveillance in order to fully utilize those choppers against boko haram.
Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by seankafor(m): 11:13am On Jul 26, 2014
TAP ME WIT LEG WHEN THEY GET IT

1 Like

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by LaurelP(m): 11:19am On Jul 26, 2014
jodeci:

It baffles me how adults still make comments like this.Wouldnt it hv bn better to read and move on?

Tatafo
Na ur papa get NL?

11 Likes

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 26, 2014
I believe our lack of air power has been our major hindrance in our fight with BH

1 Like

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by ResourceMan(m): 11:22am On Jul 26, 2014
berem: Its not all about buying
helicopters,its all about avoiding crash an
in the case of the last incident.
You are shameless, Absolutely shameless!

42 Likes

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Jakumo(m): 11:22am On Jul 26, 2014
Those of you armchair defense analysts, who swore up and down that Uncle Sam would never sell aircraft to Nigerian President Johnny B. Goode, have today been proven wrong. Hang your heads in shame and read on for details of the penalties that now apply to you.

As your lenient punishment for having the audacity to doubt Johnny B. Goode's ability to DELIVER the goods, you are all hereby commanded to post Youtube videos of each of you eating raw snails soaked in their own slime, while repeating the following phrase over and over again : [size=16pt]" Johnny is da Man. Johnny is da MAN ! Johnny is DA MAN !"[/size]

After several hours of that repentance exercise, you must FAST for a further week, drinking only cow piss for sustenance, to complete the atonement process.

7 Likes

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 26, 2014

They should go for the Hind. It is a gunship, transporter and all out attack helicopter

14 Likes

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by mascot87(m): 11:23am On Jul 26, 2014
I wish the FG could order the following : AIM-7 Sparrow, AIM-9 Sidewinder, AIM-120 AMRAAM, AGM-65 Maverick, AGM-88 HARM, AGM-158 JASSM, AGM-114 Hellfire, FGM-148 Javelin, BGM-71 TOW, BGM-109 Tomahawk, RGM-84 Harpoon, RIM-7 Sea Sparrow, RIM-66 Standard, FIM-92 Stinger, RIM-116 Rolling Airframe Missile, RIM-161 Standard Missile 3, RIM-174 Standard ERAM & UGM-133 Trident II. With all this weapons,we would not only be d heartbeat of Africa weaponry, we will also be the African United state of America. Boko wetin? Them no born them well

12 Likes

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 26, 2014
berem: Shut the fucck up!!

Ugly people like you are always angry. So your motor park behaviour is well and truly expected.

I just feel so sorry for you.

44 Likes

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 26, 2014
Jakumo: Those of you armchair defense analysts, who swore up and down that Uncle Sam would never sell aircraft to Nigerian President Johnny B. Goode, have today been proven wrong. Hang your heads in shame and read on for details of the penalties that now apply to you.

As your lenient punishment for for doubting Johnny B. Goode to DELIVER the goods, you are all hereby commanded to post youtube videos of each of you eating raw snails soaked in their own slime, while repeating the folowing phrase over and over again : " Johnny is da Man. Johnny is da MAN ! Johnny is DA MAN !"

After several hours of that repentance exercise, you must FAST for a further week, drinking only cow piss for sustenance, to complete the atonement process.

We are only getting transport helicopters from them. Uncle sam would never sell nigeria offensive weapons.

The navy flies 4 surveillance bell helicopters.
The police also fly 21 bell surveillance helicopters.

So, we've always had american equipment.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by manck: 11:30am On Jul 26, 2014
[size=18pt]It is more cheaper to remove Western Nigeria.. If they have done this before. it will cost less life and less money..

But now.. 5 to 10 million nigerian will have to die.
[/size]

[img]http://images.ridemonkey.com/index.php?size=full&src=http%3A%2F%2Fi196.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Faa272%2Fandrew_pics%2F1250675630_helicopter_machine_gun.gif%3Ft%3D1260570423[/img]

8 Likes

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 26, 2014
Henry120:

We are only getting transport helicopters from them. Uncle sam would never sell nigeria offensive weapons.

The navy flies 4 surveillance bell helicopters.
The police also fly 21 bell surveillance helicopters.

So, we've always had american equipment.

who needs useless yank junk when you can have PRACTICAL AND DURABLE Russian Tsar weaponry

Russian AA-12 Combat Shotgun

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye / 377 Wards’ Chairmen Endorse Sanwo-olu, Ambode, Others To Face Direct Primary / Bomb Blast In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.