Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,401 members, 7,819,426 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Leader Of The Shite Islamic Group Sheik Ibraheem Zakzaky Finally Speaks Out - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Leader Of The Shite Islamic Group Sheik Ibraheem Zakzaky Finally Speaks Out (1681 Views)

Islam V Christianity: A Shocking History - By Ibraheem Dooba / SEX SCANDAL: COZA Pastor, Biodun Fatoyinbo Finally Speaks Out / Islam V Christianity: A Shocking History By Ibraheem Dooba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leader Of The Shite Islamic Group Sheik Ibraheem Zakzaky Finally Speaks Out by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 26, 2014
The leader of Nigeria’s Shiites Sheikh Ibraheem Zakzaky of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria, whose three sons were killed yesterday Nigerian troops in Zaria said the Shiites were armless and never armed themselves in their history.

Zakzaky said in a brief telephone interview: “We were armless during our procession, and they shot us after we ended our procession, the whole world knew our history, we have never armed ourselves. We are waiting for the lies that they will tell.

“We were just helpless while the soldiers shot us with impunity; we have children, women and even the aged in our procession. We had this procession in many parts of the country, and nothing happened and for almost 40 years we have been doing this.

“They shot our brothers and sisters; my son Mahmud, who came from a university in Beirut, was shot on his stomach and died on the way to
the hospital. They came back and arrested three
of my sons alive and killed two while in their
custody. How did they arrest my children without
resistance? Our submission to the Nigerian
authority is not in doubt hence they took them
away. And so what lies are they telling?

“They took Ahmad, Hameed and Ali with them;
Ahmad and Hameed are chemical and neurotics
engineering students in China. It was my fourth son there, Ali, who had a gun wound that confirmed that the soldiers have killed his two brothers, and they were all arrested alive.”

He also said that, the action of the soldiers was
premeditated and clearly clearly extra-judicial
killing: “If you are accusing someone of committing an offense, you must carry out prosecution according to the law of the land, but
why kill people with impunity? Even if you say we
have breached the law, then you must look for the leader and try him in an open court. What have we done?

“My appeals to all our brothers and sisters to be
calm and I will soon address the press and you
will receive our stand, thank you and wish you the
best in New York.”

Source: saharareporters
Re: Leader Of The Shite Islamic Group Sheik Ibraheem Zakzaky Finally Speaks Out by texaco1: 1:43pm On Jul 26, 2014
Things aren't going right in Nigeria , and the situation seems to be going from bad to worse.I just hope this group don't take up arms against the army.
Re: Leader Of The Shite Islamic Group Sheik Ibraheem Zakzaky Finally Speaks Out by theplanmaker: 1:48pm On Jul 26, 2014
Nomatter who they are, opening fire on unarmed citizens under any circumstance is illegal .....but then its Nigeria
Re: Leader Of The Shite Islamic Group Sheik Ibraheem Zakzaky Finally Speaks Out by eunisam: 1:52pm On Jul 26, 2014
yes u were armless? Were u going to tell us u wore bomb? Tell that to your brother boko haram. Tell me an housa man that is armless and i will show you 50 that are arm loaded. Every Northen group is a potential terrorist.

1 Like

Re: Leader Of The Shite Islamic Group Sheik Ibraheem Zakzaky Finally Speaks Out by Caseless: 1:56pm On Jul 26, 2014
The Nigerian military/gov't is 'bitting' more than it can chew. We're yet to recover from the 'singular extra-judicial-killing' of the leader of boko haram, muhammad yusuf, here we're begging for another one. Their leader said they're armless and, even if you are going to do anything, you get their leader arrested so he could talk to his followers.
the latest trend in Nigeria is, if you link the gov't/pdp to boko haram, you are hunted, killed. Recall that this cleric whose 3 children were killed , recently pointed accusing finger at the nigerian gov't/military last time by saying that "shekau is with the nigerian military , they know whre he is and they shield him". Now the cleric is about to go the way of azazi, buhari, Dahiru Bauchi, Nyako and a host of others.
pdp=boko haram!

1 Like

Re: Leader Of The Shite Islamic Group Sheik Ibraheem Zakzaky Finally Speaks Out by Caseless: 1:59pm On Jul 26, 2014
eunisam: yes u were armless? Were u going to tell us u wore bomb? Tell that to your brother boko haram. Tell me an housa man that is armless and i will show you 50 that are arm loaded. Every Northen group is a potential terrorist.
headless chicken!

1 Like

Re: Leader Of The Shite Islamic Group Sheik Ibraheem Zakzaky Finally Speaks Out by Caseless: 2:11pm On Jul 26, 2014
theplanmaker: Nomatter who they are, opening fire on unarmed citizens under any circumstance is illegal .....but then its Nigeria
i watched this peaceful procession yesterday, and it was peaceful in kaduna and other places. The question is, if it is peaceful in other places whre their leader was absent, then, why would they 'forment' trouble in the presence of their leader who they listen to alot?
The plot is, they want to create a lingering crisis that can last till the time of general election in the north, so that election will not hold in some places they think might not stand for them in the election. The north is against them right now, and they'll do anything to make sure election is delayed or taken out of the nothern space in 2015.
Re: Leader Of The Shite Islamic Group Sheik Ibraheem Zakzaky Finally Speaks Out by thegoodone2(m): 2:56pm On Jul 26, 2014
Re: Leader Of The Shite Islamic Group Sheik Ibraheem Zakzaky Finally Speaks Out by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 26, 2014
texaco1: Things aren't going right in Nigeria , and the situation seems to be going from bad to worse.I just hope this group don't take up arms against the army.

That's our hope, I have lived in Zaria for more than 20years and I have observed this particular group all along. Though, they don't pass an announcement before performing any procession but they don't look for trouble at all. Even if people are fighting, they don't involve them self. just surprised at what happened. It might be some form of misunderstanding or someone played a role in it. Well, I'm so sorry to say that our leaders now involve religion into politics. May God save us all

1 Like

Re: Leader Of The Shite Islamic Group Sheik Ibraheem Zakzaky Finally Speaks Out by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 26, 2014
caseless: headless chicken!

Lol. You dey vex ne?
Re: Leader Of The Shite Islamic Group Sheik Ibraheem Zakzaky Finally Speaks Out by texaco1: 6:39pm On Jul 26, 2014
olaadisatoyin:

That's our hope, I have lived in Zaria for more than 20years and I have observed this particular group all along. Though, they don't pass an announcement before performing any procession but they don't look for trouble at all. Even if people are fighting, they don't involve them self. just surprised at what happened. It might be some form of misunderstanding or someone played a role in it. Well, I'm so sorry to say that our leaders now involve religion into politics. May God save us all
from what I can observe ,it seems some set of people are hell bent on prolonging and expanding this boko harama or insecurity crisis in nigeria ,for reasons best known to them but certainly not in the interest of the masses. Why will u attack a group that has been law abiding at least to the extent of not causing violence ?it seems the attack was unprovoked,but we weren't there so we will just have to rely on what both parties tells us. But I don't think this is a very good sign

1 Like

Re: Leader Of The Shite Islamic Group Sheik Ibraheem Zakzaky Finally Speaks Out by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 26, 2014
texaco1: from what I can observe ,it seems some set of people are hell bent on prolonging and expanding this boko harama or insecurity crisis in nigeria ,for reasons best known to them but certainly not in the interest of the masses. Why will u attack a group that has been law abiding at least to the extent of not causing violence ?it seems the attack was unprovoked,but we weren't there so we will just have to rely on what both parties tells us. But I don't think this is a very good sign

True talk. Whether they are at fault or not, the military forces are not supposed to open fire on them immediately. But it hurts me to see some maggots that supports the military by saying its right to kill them all. We are all humans and I believe we've got a heart.

1 Like

Re: Leader Of The Shite Islamic Group Sheik Ibraheem Zakzaky Finally Speaks Out by tipdrips: 8:52pm On Jul 26, 2014
It is not right to kill an unarmed man, christian or muslim.
But again, were you there
I was at PZ when it all happened & believe when I tell you it was peaceful when it started but everything changed around the end.
Why didnt the statement mention that they threw stones at the soldiers? Because I saw that happen.
Why didnt he mention that they attacked a soldier? I also saw that too.
More than half of my friends are muslims & I would never wish them death, we play & eat together.
Lets be logical in our reasoning.
Re: Leader Of The Shite Islamic Group Sheik Ibraheem Zakzaky Finally Speaks Out by texaco1: 9:20pm On Jul 26, 2014
tipdrips: It is not right to kill an unarmed man, christian or muslim.
I was at PZ when it all happened & believe when I tell you it was peaceful when it started but everything changed around the end.
Why didnt the statement mention that they threw stones at the soldiers? Because I saw that happen.
More than half of my friends are muslims & I would never wish them death, we play & eat together.

Saharareporters.com is always biased in its reportings, PLS be more truthfull.
another angle to the story
Re: Leader Of The Shite Islamic Group Sheik Ibraheem Zakzaky Finally Speaks Out by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 26, 2014
tipdrips: It is not right to kill an unarmed man, christian or muslim.

Saharareporters.com is always biased in its reportings, PLS be more truthfull.

True talk. But do you know that the military personnel went to their mosque close to polo field and opened fire again? Killing 3 members of the sect again. This happened today Sunday around 9am. Check the full news below
Re: Leader Of The Shite Islamic Group Sheik Ibraheem Zakzaky Finally Speaks Out by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 26, 2014
Nigerian troops this morning continued their onslaught against members of the Shiite Islamic
sect in Zaria, Kaduna State, killing three and seriously wounding ten of them, according to sources within the embattled group.

Two Shiite sources told SaharaReporters that Nigerian soldiers stormed one of the sect’s centers called ‘Husainiyyah Baqiyyatullah’ around 9 a.m. and killed three persons including one Sani Sufi, a staff of the center.

The Shiites accuse the Nigerian troops of killing
30 of their members since Friday evening when
soldiers shot at a procession of Shiites during the
group’s pro-Palestine demonstration in Zaria.

One of the sources, who sent photos to SaharaReporters, said, “The number of people
killed by soldiers has escalated to 30 following
another attack by the Nigerian soldiers at Husainiyyah Baqiyyatullah in Zaria today [Saturday July 26].”

“Around 9 a.m. local time today, a group of soldiers in military vehicles and armored tanks, opened fire on people at the Husainiyyah, killing three people on the spot while injuring at least 10,” said the source. He added: “Prior to today's attack, the soldiers took two more corpses to the mortuary of the [Ahmadu Bello University] Teaching Hospital.

They killed the two in cold blood after arresting them well and alive the previous day and they dumped their bodies at the mortuary today, Saturday the 27th of June, 2014.”

A spokesman for the sect said Nigerian troops
were still holding 19 bodies of casualties, adding
that his group was able to retrieve 11 bodies of
those shot dead yesterday. “The number of those
killed is now 30,” said the spokesman. He disclosed that funeral prayers would be held at 5p.m. (Nigerian time) for the corpses in the custody of the Islamic sect.

Source: sahara reporters
Re: Leader Of The Shite Islamic Group Sheik Ibraheem Zakzaky Finally Speaks Out by aluunoble: 4:30am On Jul 27, 2014
olaadisatoyin: The leader of Nigeria’s Shiites Sheikh Ibraheem Zakzaky of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria, whose three sons were killed yesterday Nigerian troops in Zaria said the Shiites were armless and never armed themselves in their history.

Zakzaky said in a brief telephone interview: “We were armless during our procession, and they shot us after we ended our procession, the whole world knew our history, we have never armed ourselves. We are waiting for the lies that they will tell.

“We were just helpless while the soldiers shot us with impunity; we have children, women and even the aged in our procession. We had this procession in many parts of the country, and nothing happened and for almost 40 years we have been doing this.

“They shot our brothers and sisters; my son Mahmud, who came from a university in Beirut, was shot on his stomach and died on the way to
the hospital. They came back and arrested three
of my sons alive and killed two while in their
custody. How did they arrest my children without
resistance? Our submission to the Nigerian
authority is not in doubt hence they took them
away. And so what lies are they telling?

“They took Ahmad, Hameed and Ali with them;
Ahmad and Hameed are chemical and neurotics
engineering students in China. It was my fourth son there, Ali, who had a gun wound that confirmed that the soldiers have killed his two brothers, and they were all arrested alive.”

He also said that, the action of the soldiers was
premeditated and clearly clearly extra-judicial
killing: “If you are accusing someone of committing an offense, you must carry out prosecution according to the law of the land, but
why kill people with impunity? Even if you say we
have breached the law, then you must look for the leader and try him in an open court. What have we done?

“My appeals to all our brothers and sisters to be
calm and I will soon address the press and you
will receive our stand, thank you and wish you the
best in New York.”

Source: saharareporters

Exactly the same way the BH started. Though still waiting to hear with the Nig military to jump into conclusion.

But come to think of it, if actually what the muslim cleric is saying is true, then this dastardly act is condemable. U just wiped shorlars (his 3 children)?!

I so much feel pity for the man in his choice of words...
Re: Leader Of The Shite Islamic Group Sheik Ibraheem Zakzaky Finally Speaks Out by Nobody: 5:40am On Jul 27, 2014
aluunoble:

Exactly the same way the BH started. Though still waiting to hear with the Nig military to jump into conclusion.

But come to think of it, if actually what the muslim cleric is saying is true, then this dastardly act is condemable. U just wiped shorlars (his 3 children)?!

I so much feel pity for the man in his choice of words...

Yeah, the Government have started probing the military
Re: Leader Of The Shite Islamic Group Sheik Ibraheem Zakzaky Finally Speaks Out by Nobody: 5:45am On Jul 27, 2014
Government Probes Nigerian Troops Attack On Shiites In Zaria

Following last Friday’s deadly fracas between some soldiers and members of the Shiite Islamic
group in Zaria, Kaduna State, the security agencies have begun an investigation.

PRNigeria reports that the investigation is in
connection with worries that there might be some
elements that are determined to promote mayhem
and cause confusion in the country.

The agency said on Saturday in Abuja that the
government was especially disturbed because Shiites are fundamentally against the Boko Haram
terrorists in the country, and its leader Sheik Ibrahim Zakzaky has been very vocal against the
preaching of the fundamentalists.

It would be recalled that members of the Islamic
sect on Friday were on an a peaceful procession
to mark the annual Quds Day in solidarity with
the plight of Palestinians under Israeli occupation
and in protest of the continued bombardment of
Gaza by the Israeli military when a convoy of
soldiers were prevented from passing through.

Although the group later allowed the soldiers’ passage, things however, degenerated when in
the process, several gun shots were fired from
within the crowd.

According to reports, the development infuriated
the soldiers who then opened fire. At the end of
the encounter, nine persons were reported dead
while many others, including soldiers, were wounded.

The PRNigeria source said the new investigation
is to determine those who fired the initial shot at
the soldiers; if other mischief makers hid within
the crowd to cause trouble between the military
and the sect; and if the trouble was triggered to
set Zakzaky up for possible attack in the mayhem
that was bound to follow.

The source also expressed the unhappiness in
government and military circles about the
propensity of a section of Nigerians to blame
members of the security agencies whenever
issues arise and wondered why these elements
would rather not appreciate the efforts of those
who are daily laying down their lives to protect
fellow citizens.

Sources: Sahara reporters

(1) (Reply)

COULD JESUS HAVE PLANNED MY DOWNFALL MY STORY URGENT ADVISE NEEDED / Now The Truth Emerges: How The US Fuelled The Rise Of Isis In Syria And Iraq. / Religion - God's Sadistic Game.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.