Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,356 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

HELP!!!! I Need Help With Tick Control In My Compound - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / HELP!!!! I Need Help With Tick Control In My Compound (3242 Views)

A Big Long Snake Was Killed In My. Compound This Evening / See What Happen In My Compound Last Weekend (photo) / Easy Method Of Tick Control In Dogs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP!!!! I Need Help With Tick Control In My Compound by Eveezy(m): 3:19pm On Jul 26, 2014
Help, I jst came back home and noticed my compound is filled with ticks, I used to make use of antitick spray on the dogs when I bath them, but right now, they re evrywhr in my house, am a kind of person that allow my dogs move freely and now the ticks re evrywhere even insyd my house, I ve started restraining their movements and bath them with antitick soap and powder but when I let them back into the environment (I.e my compound) more ticks climb their body. I am confused because right nw as am even typing it, I feel sum ticks may ve climbed my body
Re: HELP!!!! I Need Help With Tick Control In My Compound by seyiola1(m): 3:26pm On Jul 26, 2014
Hello sir you need to furmigate the whole Environment that would help a lot . You can give it a try sir and see how it goes .

2 Likes

Re: HELP!!!! I Need Help With Tick Control In My Compound by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 26, 2014
Seyi has said it all

1 Like

Re: HELP!!!! I Need Help With Tick Control In My Compound by Soknown: 4:17pm On Jul 26, 2014
Please call a fumigation expert, then restrict dogs movement within your living area.
You also need to be careful with the Anti-tick preparations because some can poison your dogs, you can discuss with your
Vet. God help you and you get rid of the tick, don't allow your dogs to mix or play with just any dog.
Re: HELP!!!! I Need Help With Tick Control In My Compound by Eveezy(m): 10:00pm On Jul 26, 2014
Soknown: Please call a fumigation expert, then restrict dogs movement within your living area.
You also need to be careful with the Anti-tick preparations because some can poison your dogs, you can discuss with your
Vet. God help you and you get rid of the tick, don't allow your dogs to mix or play with just any dog.
Yes, fumigation, I dnt knw of any fumigation expert, do u ve any contact of sumone based in lagos?
Re: HELP!!!! I Need Help With Tick Control In My Compound by Soknown: 9:17am On Jul 28, 2014
Eveezy:
Yes, fumigation, I dnt knw of any fumigation expert, do u ve any contact of sumone based in lagos?
Mimafex Nig Ltd.
Re: HELP!!!! I Need Help With Tick Control In My Compound by begunatoye(m): 6:33pm On Jul 30, 2014
The answers to the following questions are important to getting rid of the ticks: what is the age of the dog? What is the breed? What king of cage or kennel you keep the dog I.e. Is it wooden or metal? How long is the tick infestation? I can help you get rid of the ticks on your dog and house if I get the answers. However, it is important for you to note that the genesis of the problem is not bathing your dog regularly.

1 Like

Re: HELP!!!! I Need Help With Tick Control In My Compound by Eveezy(m): 12:34pm On Jul 31, 2014
F
Soknown:
Mimafex Nig Ltd.
Tnx allot
Re: HELP!!!! I Need Help With Tick Control In My Compound by Eveezy(m): 1:08pm On Jul 31, 2014
begunatoye: The answers to the following questions are important to getting rid of the ticks: what is the age of the dog? What is the breed? What king of cage or kennel you keep the dog I.e. Is it wooden or metal? How long is the tick infestation? I can help you get rid of the ticks on your dog and house if I get the answers. However, it is important for you to note that the genesis of the problem is not bathing your dog regularly.
The dogs re 1 year old, 3 month old nd 2 month old GSD, I apened to sell odaz, dey were more b4, nd their cages re constucted wit blocks nd metal bar as d door, nd I should say the tick problem is now getting to a year, because initially I used to tick bath dem nd dey were nt dis much, so nw I tink d surrounding is wat needs to be treated bfor totally eradicating them from the dogs body
Re: HELP!!!! I Need Help With Tick Control In My Compound by adebayoggt(m): 6:53pm On Jul 31, 2014
ticks can be eradicated through constant management and eradication. there is no instant process but through persistent and effective effort you'll get a better result. better result is quickly achieved if a larger part of your compound is floored

1 Like

Re: HELP!!!! I Need Help With Tick Control In My Compound by begunatoye(m): 12:14am On Aug 04, 2014
If my reply is not belated, I will suggest the following; fumigation of your apartment and your compound and concurrent tick bath for your dog. A repeat fumigation will be necessary within 12 to 14 days (the degree of infestation is very, very highj) and the dog given another tick bath in 7 days. The dog is at risk of coming down with tick fever, I am quite sure d dog is losing weight and anemic. As a vet doctor with a wealth of experience on pest control u can email begunatoye@yahoo.com

2 Likes

Re: HELP!!!! I Need Help With Tick Control In My Compound by Eveezy(m): 6:30am On Aug 04, 2014
begunatoye: If my reply is not belated, I will suggest the following; fumigation of your apartment and your compound and concurrent tick bath for your dog. A repeat fumigation will be necessary within 12 to 14 days (the degree of infestation is very, very highj) and the dog given another tick bath in 7 days. The dog is at risk of coming down with tick fever, I am quite sure d dog is losing weight and anemic. As a vet doctor with a wealth of experience on pest control u can email begunatoye@yahoo.com
Tanx allot, am going to do jst dt
Re: HELP!!!! I Need Help With Tick Control In My Compound by wahabdisu: 9:06am On Oct 31, 2015

(1) (Reply)

My Long Wait Done Quench. Hahaha / 6 Weeks German Shepard Puppy Available / Fmale Gsd Needed 15k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.