Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors (19330 Views)

Decline In Apprenticeships In Nigeria / The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. / Llm @ Robert Gordon University (sept 2011) Or I Decline. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by Dexema(m): 5:35pm On Jul 26, 2014
I have noticed a recent trend in lagos where drivers have time and time again turned their passengers to conductors,all you hear is a grumpy voice over the steering wheel asking for money “line by line“. Another strategy recently employed by drivers is “outsourcing“ conductors at bus stops to fill up the bus for a smaller fee,(who says only multinationals can outsource labour), this brings some questions to mind; Is the present economic situation hitting hard at commercial bus drivers that they would rather not have conductors (especially with the VARIOUS fees they pay to Agberos,lastma,vio etc)thereby turning us all to “passive conductors“,or are we witnessing a slow disappearance of our dramatic lagos conductors?
Pls share your views and experiences
#ekoonibajeo!#

34 Likes

Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by Rossikki: 11:02pm On Jul 26, 2014
These days the watch word for any savvy business is efficiency. Elimination of waste. If the conductor is not serving an economic value to the driver/owner over and above what his absence would generate, he will not be required, considering his salary and the seat he occupies. These expenses taken up by him are carefully assessed by the driver/owner, and if found exorbitant in relation to the bottom line, his position goes.

49 Likes

Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by Mynd44: 5:43am On Jul 27, 2014
Just the other day, I saw a female conductor on Ikorodu road. She was with those long white buses that take the Iyan owor route to Oshodi....

12 Likes

Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by kobonaire(m): 5:44am On Jul 27, 2014
Mynd44: Just the other day, I saw a female conductor on Ikorodu road. She was with those long white buses that take the Iyan owor route to Oshodi....
What man can do, woman can do better ..... woman power
grin

2 Likes

Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by Akbee(m): 5:45am On Jul 27, 2014
things wl always change cos change is inevitable.the reasons are not farfetched,
1.some conductors do extort a lot of money from their oga at the steering
2.the introduction of compulsory ticketing payment system by some state govt.
3.widespread poverty in the country
4.unwholesome practices by sum ticketing enforcement agents..

4 Likes

Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by hrmkz: 5:45am On Jul 27, 2014
Dem don go plc.

Lastma dey catch them too, it illegal to hang hence no need to have a conductor who will take one seat.

11 Likes

Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by engrflames: 5:46am On Jul 27, 2014
Nowadays, people are more productive with their lifes

1 Like

Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by Nobody: 5:47am On Jul 27, 2014
All the better.

Enough of those dirty, mannerless roughnecks.

The world is evolving, and some things are going to be dropped to rot by the wayside and the local bus conductor is one of them.

3 Likes

Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by Mynd44: 5:47am On Jul 27, 2014
kobonaire: What man can do, woman can do better ..... woman power
grin
I was surprised.....but if it helps feed her family, it is better than crime

5 Likes

Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by datguru: 5:47am On Jul 27, 2014
I'm not in Lagos though but some times it happens in porthacourt here, the one that gets me itching my ears is when I enter a bus of 5 , gradually I see the 5 people disappear when passengers starts coming angry

30 Likes

Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by chinex276(m): 5:48am On Jul 27, 2014
#teamCONDOCTORS
Pls help us save their jobs, we already have enuf agberos

2 Likes

Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by Austindark(m): 5:48am On Jul 27, 2014
end tym tynz

2 Likes

Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by kobonaire(m): 5:48am On Jul 27, 2014
Mynd44:
I was surprised.....but if it helps feed her family, it is better than crime
there's nothing wrong with that job either.
Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by superior1: 5:50am On Jul 27, 2014
They are employed now on contract, 50naira or so per trip.
Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by wasak(m): 5:51am On Jul 27, 2014
Mynd44: Just the other day, I saw a female conductor on Ikorodu road. She was with those long white buses that take the Iyan owor route to Oshodi....
that one is not new na

2 Likes

Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by dhardline(m): 5:53am On Jul 27, 2014
They pay toø much fees at the bus stops and these fees are levied on them by our own lagos state government and hence it greatly reduces the gain they once were used to and also increases the cost of transportation within the state.

2 Likes

Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:56am On Jul 27, 2014
This is common in Alakpere in Ketu, Lagos. I experience it when in Osun State. The reason the drivers always give is that their conductors always extort their money.

1 Like

Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by shadowwalker101: 5:56am On Jul 27, 2014
What d u mean by decline
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by bilexg(m): 5:57am On Jul 27, 2014
chinex276: #teamCONDOCTORS

My broda, are you d DRIVER's ex-conductor
grin
chinex276: #teamCONDOCTORS

1 Like

Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by Nobody: 5:58am On Jul 27, 2014
It shows that Nigeria is advancing cool
Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by macdelene(m): 6:00am On Jul 27, 2014
Lol lol
They artificial passengers u saw initial are been used as beit to draw the real customers so as they d customers come they leave one by one.

[quote author=datguru]I'm not in Lagos though but some times it happens in porthacourt here, the one that gets me itching my ears is when I enter a bus of 5 , gradually I see the 5 people disappear when passengers starts coming angry[/quo

3 Likes

Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by chinex276(m): 6:05am On Jul 27, 2014
bilexg:

grin

barka da SALLAH
Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by Mostwanted7: 6:05am On Jul 27, 2014
Happy Ed fitri to all muslims....Bon ramadan a tous
les musulmans

1 Like

Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by Omexonomy: 6:17am On Jul 27, 2014
Dexema: I have noticed a recent trend in lagos where drivers have time and time again turned their passengers to conductors,all you hear is a grumpy voice over the steering wheel asking for money “line by line“. Another strategy recently employed by drivers is “outsourcing“ conductors at bus stops to fill up the bus for a smaller fee,(who says only multinationals can outsource labour), this brings some questions to mind; Is the present economic situation hitting hard at commercial bus drivers that they would rather not have conductors (especially with the VARIOUS fees they pay to Agberos,lastma,vio etc)thereby turning us all to “passive conductors“,or are we witnessing a slow disappearance of our dramatic lagos conductors?
Pls share your views and experiences
#ekoonibajeo!#
most conductors do bolt away with the money they collected esp when the money has become much.
If you doubt me ask mynd44 and seun the other day along ikorodu road i saw seun complaining to mukina2 about how mynd44 was fund of deducting his money at every busstop pretending to be paying agbero (gbawe the APC tout) whereas he is given the money to his brother

20 Likes

Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by habex005(m): 6:21am On Jul 27, 2014
op trust me
Those bus you mentioned are for private use but the owners use them for commercial purpose occassionally...
Conductor still full my area abeg...

Oshodi....oshodi ...oooooo
Abeg i no get change ooooooooooo

3 Likes

Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by disloman(m): 6:21am On Jul 27, 2014
Rossikki: These days the watch word for any savvy business is efficiency. Elimination of waste. If the conductor is not serving an economic value to the driver/owner over and above what his absence would generate, he will not be required, considering his salary and the seat he occupies. These expenses taken up by him are carefully assessed by the driver/owner, and if found exorbitant in relation to the bottom line, his position goes.
But it is risky cos d concentration n attention of d driver is divided.I've also noticed d trend too.Almost had an accident along iyana ipaja- ayobo route.D driver was complaining of 2 pple haven't paid,D driver got angry n 4 him to look back.He almost hit a truck parked along d road.Wasn't funny that day.Bus conductors r important n don't av to sideline them.

3 Likes

Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by disloman(m): 6:25am On Jul 27, 2014
Omexonomy: most conductors do bolt away with the money they collected esp when the money has become much.
If you doubt me ask mynd44 and seun the other day along ikorodu road i saw seun complaining to mukina2 about how mynd44 was FOND of deducting his money at every busstop pretending to be paying agbero (gbawe the APC tout) whereas he is given the money to his brother

1 Like

Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by NaLaugh: 6:25am On Jul 27, 2014
What is happening is that bus drivers now require a bachelor's degree for the employment of conductors undecided

6 Likes

Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by maputohq: 6:32am On Jul 27, 2014
No idea.
Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by skyface00(m): 6:40am On Jul 27, 2014
LASMA at work and those conductor can make trouble like food....also do run away with boss money........lolz
Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by eddie1(m): 6:41am On Jul 27, 2014
datguru: I'm not in Lagos though but some times it happens in porthacourt here, the one that gets me itching my ears is when I enter a bus of 5 , gradually I see the 5 people disappear when passengers starts coming angry

Sister you have gone off point!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Got A Job Through Linkedin??? / Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. / VETIVA Capital Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.