Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,105 members, 7,811,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Thread For Guys Who Can Cook - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Thread For Guys Who Can Cook (15537 Views)

10 Ways You Didn’t Know To Cook An Egg / Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! / Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by otalenu(m): 8:16am On Aug 11, 2014
Dragonking: I am cooking this friday..which me luck.

Luck pe kini? Or U dey cooking competition?

1 Like

Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by Virus777: 8:29am On Aug 11, 2014
I'm a highly skilled cook. There's no dish I can't cook. Soups are my speciality. I cooked my first soup at the age of 11. I still remember vividly how it all happened. We stored our soup in the freezer and my mum had told me to warm the last remaining plate for lunch. I placed the soup on the fire and slept off. I woke up about an hour later to a burning smell, the soup had burnt beyond recognition. Fear catch me! Mum will kill me!

I had to rush to a nearby market and with some moneyI had saved for years I bought all the ingredients for the soup. I rushed home, and with no prior experience in cooking soup, save for a few times I watched mum cook, I was forced to prepare ogbono soup, else mum will kill me...literally! In the end the soup came out fantastic! Mum didn't even notice anything odd. It was much later that I told her what had happened.

With that awesome experience, I went further to learn to cook many other dishes, and have become a very good cook...even if I say so meself. I don't even allow my fiancee to cook, I prefer to do it myself, t least 95 percent of the time cos I believe no one does it better than me.

Abeg pardon the long story, I couldn't help but share the story of what made me the great cook that I am today.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by Konjour(m): 8:34am On Aug 11, 2014
Armed with cuisines from Nigeria and a few continental, intercontinental dishes. It partially comes

with living in a number of countries over an extended period of time, and its partially borne out of

necessity. Can't eat pizzas, burgers, kebabs, noodles, baguettes, pies and muffin cakes all my life

man. And I'm not, thanks to a few select shops on the Merseyside where 'African' dish

making ingredients can be sourced from, I run my kitchen and that makes palates run in turn.

*In other news, Breakfast is served. Bon Appetit. wink

1 Like

Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 11, 2014
Op... Take this from me because it is the truth. The only person that can cook more than me is my MOTHER. I can cook all the recipes known to man and the unknown.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by Imoy(m): 8:44am On Aug 11, 2014
grin Cooking is my hubby.
cool
Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by Ewizard(m): 8:49am On Aug 11, 2014
Ma wife gotta be lucky...
Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 11, 2014

Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by sweetguy10(m): 9:11am On Aug 11, 2014
A very good cook in the house , hi all !
Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 11, 2014
I ♥♥ eating and cooking.
Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 11, 2014
No pictures to prove you'all can cook?

Pictures pleaaaaseeeee
Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 11, 2014
Teddyg2: I learn how to cook when am small but latter forget. now my friends make GUESS of me. I thank God for restoring my old experience.
jest

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by ask4slimjay: 9:36am On Aug 11, 2014
seriously, when i was serving....she was always coming to my house to eat my meals just because i was a better cook and that made us fell in LOVE grin
Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by ask4slimjay: 9:37am On Aug 11, 2014
Xtarxhyne: jest
Guess or jest...we got d message *lol*

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 11, 2014
ask4slimjay:
Guess or jest...we got d message *lol*
ts gud to help doh

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by fairheven: 9:46am On Aug 11, 2014
Who says guys can't cook?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 11, 2014
'm gradually coming into the party after my woeful attempts in 20004, all thanks to my cuz. I perfectly did egwusi soup last night, and it was good.
Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 11, 2014
ignis: ...
no wonder you dey bear kitchen electronic/appliance maker's name tongue

1 Like

Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 11, 2014
I know how to cook! cool
Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by Nosaghae(m): 10:21am On Aug 11, 2014
if I hear say my wife do guy for me when it comes to the department of belleology?
The only food wen I nor sabi cook Na the one when dem Neva cook for my presence.

Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by Ikenna94: 10:31am On Aug 11, 2014
I don't think am such an allround cook, buh I can cook egusi soup and rice stew very well infact more than my elder sisters. Even though wen at home I detest cooking because it's ofcourse stressful
Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 11, 2014
Some of those local food taste like bathing soap! I stay away from Nigerian local food.
Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by Lakeshizu(m): 10:39am On Aug 11, 2014
Wife anywhere u are, I promise to be a good Husband. I will even cook for our Kids.

Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by LeJeun3: 10:40am On Aug 11, 2014

Yeah.....finally!

Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by jabanz(m): 10:43am On Aug 11, 2014
Sorry for guys that cannot cook, u go wait for ur wife taya
Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 11, 2014
englishmart: I'm a very good cook too o.

Just that I don't like showing myself cheesy

If I boil water for you eh, I swear you go enjoy your tea or eBa.
As a matter of fact, I'm the best when it comes to boiling of water.
Boiling water keur serious ooosmiley
Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 11, 2014
Hmmm, i do admire guys who cook well...my bros re gud @ it too...i hope to marry a hubby who sabi cook wella
Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by Zico4real(m): 11:00am On Aug 11, 2014
Nosaghae: if I hear say my wife do guy for me when it comes to the department of belleology?
The only food wen I nor sabi cook Na the one when dem Neva cook for my presence.
dis soup go make sense die...
Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by olydedon: 11:06am On Aug 11, 2014
cooking is my best hobby.
Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by vikakuzzdrumzy(m): 11:07am On Aug 11, 2014
i bet u al wud love to taste my scorpion peppersoup nd razor blade poriage ...
Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 11, 2014
adebayor1490: Na cooking I take woo my crush. Mehn I dey cook no be small thing o. From local to international

I dey cook o.

Infact I hardly eat out unless I don't have time. Reason being that I cook tastier meals than I eat at restaurants..

1 Like

Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by daramolaj1: 11:16am On Aug 11, 2014
E don done oh....i dare anyone to try my beans...u go just dey drop mess like exhaust wey dey leak.. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by kenono(m): 11:28am On Aug 11, 2014
My dad is a pro, he grew up serving an elderly woman, me too and all my brothers are just so good

but

it made my dad a critic, no matter what you cook, forget it, he will find a weak spot,

one of my cousins that lived with us learnt this skill so well that his oga where he's learning a trade practically prefers him to his wife

But the guy dey suffer am now.......Madam no dey give am face......

So i decided to start avoiding the kitchen, so i wont be complaining when i get married, that complaining of a thing can make your woman so loose her respect for you ehn...........

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lawyer, Monday Ubani Threatens Lawsuit Over Ponmo Ban / How Much Is Chicken In Your Area? / Why Do First-Time Visitors Act Like They Are Not Hungry When They Are?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.