Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,988 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Boko Haram Clashes With Cameroon Soldiers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Clashes With Cameroon Soldiers (18834 Views)

Osibanjo 'Clashes' With Ex-CBN Governor Sanusi Over Naira Devaluation / Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) / Nigeria Opens Dialogue With Cameroon On Bakassi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Clashes With Cameroon Soldiers by inteli: 10:47pm On Jul 26, 2014
Member of the Boko Haram terrorist group have carried out two cross-border attacks into Cameroon since Friday, killing at least four soldiers and prompting the Cameroonian army to send reinforcements to the area, army sources said on Saturday.

Cameroon beefed up border security after the Nigerian government stressed the need for Cameroon to do more to counter Islamist insurgents, deploying over 1,000 soldiers along its remote jungle border.

The Nigerian government believes Boko Haram wants to use Cameroon as a rear base as it strives to carve out an Islamic state.

The group has killed thousands in its five-year insurgency.

Cameroonian regional military commander, Colonel Felix Nji Formekong, told Reuters that four soldiers had been killed in clashes with Boko Haram fighters at the village of Bargaram, without giving further detail.

A soldier based in the area, who requested anonymity as he is not authorized to speak to the media, said another 13 of his comrades were missing after the attack, which took place late at night.

He said that Boko Haram had attacked again in the night from Friday to Saturday but that the Cameroonian army had succeeded in pushing them back.

“We are currently in a real battle front and more of our soldiers have been sent in from Maroua to assist us,” he added, referring to the regional headquarters.

The attack at Bargaram came barely two weeks after Boko Haram attacked the same locality, kidnapping a 20-year old civilian.

Meanwhile, some 22 suspected Boko Haram militants who were held in Maroua since March, were on Friday sentenced to prison sentences ranging from 10 to 20 years.

According to the regional state radio station CRTV in Maroua, they were found guilty of illegal possession of firearms and plotting a regional insurrection.
http://www.channelstv.com/2014/07/26/boko-haram-clashes-cameroon-soldiers/
Re: Boko Haram Clashes With Cameroon Soldiers by bbello28(m): 10:49pm On Jul 26, 2014
grin f2cgrin Boko haram crydays are numbered sad if I gEt witch ehn... Shekau go don die since... Ah no knw wetin nigerian witches nd wizard still dey wait for? Abi dem dey fear gun grin

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Clashes With Cameroon Soldiers by macpetrus(m): 10:54pm On Jul 26, 2014
tongue
Re: Boko Haram Clashes With Cameroon Soldiers by Nobody: 1:26am On Jul 27, 2014
where those people wey dey book space, una don sleep?

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Clashes With Cameroon Soldiers by Nobody: 1:28am On Jul 27, 2014
They caught those mot'erfuckers and sentenced them to long jail term.
Naija go capture some and later on release them back to where they were captured from
grin

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Clashes With Cameroon Soldiers by sainty2k3(m): 1:29am On Jul 27, 2014
Book haram, ur days are numbered
Re: Boko Haram Clashes With Cameroon Soldiers by Nobody: 1:29am On Jul 27, 2014
RIP to the fallen soldiers. May we prevail against these extremists.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Clashes With Cameroon Soldiers by adekayo1234(m): 1:29am On Jul 27, 2014
OK...so na because of dis news u people woke me up...nonsense!
Re: Boko Haram Clashes With Cameroon Soldiers by chiboy11(m): 1:30am On Jul 27, 2014
Bokoharam news daily, dey kill many of dem, dey kill plenty of dem, dis wat we hear daily. But stil dey no dey finish, na wah oooo

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Clashes With Cameroon Soldiers by benjsniper33: 1:31am On Jul 27, 2014
Now Paul biya go know say khaki no be leather.....Shebi the guy dey form boss before..Okay now grin grin
Re: Boko Haram Clashes With Cameroon Soldiers by olapluto(m): 1:31am On Jul 27, 2014
How come Camerounian government is not blaming APC? They are sending in reinforcement, not claiming someone trying to sabotage their government.
Naija for you.

19 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Clashes With Cameroon Soldiers by Alitair(m): 1:32am On Jul 27, 2014
We are waiting.
Re: Boko Haram Clashes With Cameroon Soldiers by mrofficial(m): 1:32am On Jul 27, 2014
benjsniper33: Now Paul biya go know say khaki no be leather.....Shebi the guy dey form boss before..Okay now grin grin

Lol. Evulz!
Re: Boko Haram Clashes With Cameroon Soldiers by Mzmycoli: 1:33am On Jul 27, 2014
Re: Boko Haram Clashes With Cameroon Soldiers by born2boink(m): 1:33am On Jul 27, 2014
Why sentenced, they should be kill instantly, their shall be NO MERCY

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Clashes With Cameroon Soldiers by Izzyizzie(m): 1:33am On Jul 27, 2014
Mk i go cari my gun(.308Springfield auto-revolver), sambisa here i cm.... BH ppl don die.
Re: Boko Haram Clashes With Cameroon Soldiers by AdekunleSegun(m): 1:33am On Jul 27, 2014
time for combined strike
Re: Boko Haram Clashes With Cameroon Soldiers by sammyj49: 1:35am On Jul 27, 2014
Hmmmm 1st page
Re: Boko Haram Clashes With Cameroon Soldiers by feezy(m): 1:35am On Jul 27, 2014
Chaiii deriz God oooo... But where are the missing girls kwa... Dis kain story line ehhnn, e don cross boader oooo... #screaming P.D.Peee in hausa man voice. #passingby sha.
Re: Boko Haram Clashes With Cameroon Soldiers by neuljosh(m): 1:37am On Jul 27, 2014
Boko Haram goes International
Re: Boko Haram Clashes With Cameroon Soldiers by Nobody: 1:43am On Jul 27, 2014
Ok

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Clashes With Cameroon Soldiers by Wisdomkosi(m): 1:45am On Jul 27, 2014
OK.
Re: Boko Haram Clashes With Cameroon Soldiers by onitshaigbo(m): 1:45am On Jul 27, 2014
Aboki na ram.
Re: Boko Haram Clashes With Cameroon Soldiers by ManTiger(m): 1:47am On Jul 27, 2014
Izzyizzie: Mk i go cari my gun(.308Springfield auto-revolver), sambisa here i cm.... BH ppl don die.
Great machine you've gotten bro, very great but you must be kidding, going to Siambisa with handgun? Great Joke right!
Re: Boko Haram Clashes With Cameroon Soldiers by buoye1(m): 1:48am On Jul 27, 2014
God ll help us
Re: Boko Haram Clashes With Cameroon Soldiers by Oklander: 1:49am On Jul 27, 2014
Kill them...
Re: Boko Haram Clashes With Cameroon Soldiers by aluunoble: 1:52am On Jul 27, 2014
May God strenghten these gallant soldiers whose lives are put in the line to enable us sleep with some peace.

They have never for once demanded for a #100,0000 hazard allowance from their respective govts (Cameroun and Nigeria) and yet the Ebola haram kill them unannounced everyday in an attempt for the military to launch a counter insurgency attack.

Just yesterday in Jos, I saw a number of military artillery camouflagged in military trucks supposedly headed to Bauchi State and scary-looking gallant soldiers jyrating with high morale. Some may never come back alive to hook up with their families and loved once!

May the God of Israel lead all the soldiers whose hands are on deck to win this battle!!!

26 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Clashes With Cameroon Soldiers by seunshrek(m): 1:53am On Jul 27, 2014
They are getting stronger and our government keeps handling them with kid gloves
Re: Boko Haram Clashes With Cameroon Soldiers by Izzyizzie(m): 1:53am On Jul 27, 2014
ManTiger:
Great machine you've gotten bro, very great but you must be kidding, going to Siambisa with handgun? Great Joke right!
Dnt mind me, i neva achieve 4 lyf na Sambisa con remain.... #WhoWanDie.
Re: Boko Haram Clashes With Cameroon Soldiers by Nobody: 1:55am On Jul 27, 2014
bbello28: Boko haram crydays are numbered sad if I gEt witch ehn... Shekau go don die since
bh members dnt need immediate death, wat dey need is TERRIBLE PAIN... I.e putting holes in dier penis, blind each eyes, remove each tooth, burn dem with iron, put hot iron rod in dier bum, cut-off dier fingers, after all dis, dey shud b thrown in d desert to die... Dey won't feel pain if we kill dem immediately..

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Clashes With Cameroon Soldiers by guente02(m): 1:55am On Jul 27, 2014
Re: Boko Haram Clashes With Cameroon Soldiers by shadowwalker101: 1:57am On Jul 27, 2014
Good 4 them
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Abuja Ministerial Blues By @delemomodu / Bukola Saraki To Face Trial On 3 Of The Counts Of Corruption / Fashola: Under Estimate Tinubu's Intelligence At Your Own Peril

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.