Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

The Lord Is Not Slow To Do What He Has Promised, As Some Think. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Lord Is Not Slow To Do What He Has Promised, As Some Think. (852 Views)

He Joined Me To Church Today, Because I Promised To Buy Him Beer. / Atheists: Capable Of Investigating The World, But So Slow To Find Its Master. / Download Psalm 23(the Lord Is My Shepherd) As A Song On Your Pc Or Mobile Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Lord Is Not Slow To Do What He Has Promised, As Some Think. by emperortony: 12:18am On Jul 27, 2014
This is a message many unbelievers do not like to hear, so they try as much as possible, to distort our minds with questions about the lord's coming.
Many at times as christians we have been challenge by unbelievers, about the veracity of the second coming of Christ. And at other times, why he has taken so much time to come if indeed he was actually coming. And today with some few bible verses I would like to reassure you faith as
we wait for is coming. We will be reading from.

(2peter 3-10 good news translation)

3 First of all, you must understand that in the last days some people will appear whose lives are controlled by their own lusts. They will make fun of you(christians)

4 and will ask, “He promised to come, didn't he? Where is he? Our ancestors have already died, but everything is still the same as it was since the creation of the world!”

5 They purposely ignore the fact that long ago God gave a command, and the heavens and earth were created. The earth was formed out of water and by
water,

6 and it was also by water, the water of the flood, that the old world was destroyed.

7 But the heavens and the earth that now exist are being preserved by the same command of God, in order to be destroyed by fire. They are being kept for the day when godless people will be judged and destroyed.

8 But do not forget one thing, my dear friends! There is no difference in the Lord's sight between one day
and a thousand years; to him the two are the same.

9 The Lord is not slow to do what he has promised, as some think. Instead, he is patient with you, because
he does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants
all to turn away from their sins.

10 But the Day of the Lord will come like a thief. On that Day the heavens will disappear with a shrill noise, the heavenly bodies will burn up and be
destroyed, and the earth with everything in it will vanish.

As you can see from this passage, this questions we face today was predicted by a disciple of christ name peter. And you know the bible is the only book that has the past, present and future in it. So with this let us all reassure our self with the word of God, as we try to live a holy life awaiting his coming. And not forgetting to use every medium we have to win soul for christ. Happy sunday and God bless you all.
Re: The Lord Is Not Slow To Do What He Has Promised, As Some Think. by Nobody: 1:04am On Jul 27, 2014
Do you rather pray for a change?

Or

Do you work towards a change?

1 Like

Re: The Lord Is Not Slow To Do What He Has Promised, As Some Think. by emperortony: 2:12am On Jul 27, 2014
If you were a wee bit precise, or better still if you had tied your question to a subject matter, it would have been much more interesting to answer. Because now I don't know what aspect I should touch. But from my own views we can pray for a change in some situations, and also work towards a change in others.
Re: The Lord Is Not Slow To Do What He Has Promised, As Some Think. by emperortony: 2:14am On Jul 27, 2014
ifeness: Do you rather pray for a change?

Or

Do you work towards a change?

If you were a wee bit precise, or better still if you
had tied your question to a subject matter, it would
have been much more interesting to answer.
Because now I don't know what aspect I should
touch. But from my own views we can pray for a
change in some situations, and also work towards a
change in others.

(1) (Reply)

Praying Before Eating / More People Are Converting To Islam - Heres Is How / This Generation Of Young Christians - Must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.