Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,111 members, 7,818,317 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

How Do I Go Online On A Ps3 - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / How Do I Go Online On A Ps3 (1855 Views)

I Want To Download Games On My Psp Go Online ...is It Possible? / Has Anybody Played Fifa 14 Or 13 Online On Pc B4 Without Origin Or With Crack / Let's Play Fifa 14 Online On Xbox, Playstation & Pc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Go Online On A Ps3 by Flawlessangel(m): 7:40am On Jul 27, 2014
So i live in lagos and hav never played online or even browsed with my ps3, and now am intrested in doing it..but i dnt know how 2 go about it, because it isnt dsame way as browsing on a laptop using a modem.....
So people who play online games, what connection do u use and hw do i set it up?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Go Online On A Ps3 by Adegbemigunjosh(m): 8:25am On Jul 27, 2014
is either u use ethernet cable or u connect it with wifi...Buh most pipu use Wifi...Get a phone dat Has Wifi hotspot,switch on d hotspot n go to internet settings on ur ps3...Scan to see d available networks,den connect it...whatsapp dis number if u dont gt it 08187747356
Re: How Do I Go Online On A Ps3 by abrazar(m): 8:53am On Jul 28, 2014
U have to open a psn account and download d current ps3 firmware
Re: How Do I Go Online On A Ps3 by Flawlessangel(m): 10:02am On Jul 28, 2014
abrazar: U have to open a psn account and download d current ps3 firmware
am talking about the connection used in playing online games
Re: How Do I Go Online On A Ps3 by cao(f): 12:20pm On Jul 28, 2014
Okay, I'll try to give you a step by step process.
If you are using Wired AKA Ethernet cable:
1. Connect the Ethernet cable into the LAN port at the back of PS3.
2. From the Home page, scroll left until you reach settings, then scroll all the way down to Network Settings, press X.
3. Select Internet Connection, then select the Enable.
4. Select Internet Connection Settings, a message will pop up, reminding you about attaching the Ethernet cable, press X. Note: it always pops up.
5. Select Easy, then select Wired Connection, then press X to save the displayed settings.
6. Press X to Test Connection.

For Wireless:
If you're afraid or are a newbie, use the Easy option, if you're more experienced use the Custom option.
1. Ensure your wireless router is turned on.
2. Repeat previous (Wired) steps 2-4.
3. Select Easy, then select Wireless, select Scan. Note: if the one you want to use is hidden, select Enter Manually and add the appropriate details.
4. A list of the available (SSIDs) Wi-Fi hotspots should appear, select the one you want to use, provide the password/passkey if needed.
5. Once it's been confirmed, press X to save the displayed settings.

Hope this helped.
Re: How Do I Go Online On A Ps3 by Flawlessangel(m): 4:17pm On Jul 28, 2014
cao: Okay, I'll try to give you a step by step process.
If you are using Wired AKA Ethernet cable:
1. Connect the Ethernet cable into the LAN port at the back of PS3.
2. From the Home page, scroll left until you reach settings, then scroll all the way down to Network Settings, press X.
3. Select Internet Connection, then select the Enable.
4. Select Internet Connection Settings, a message will pop up, reminding you about attaching the Ethernet cable, press X. Note: it always pops up.
5. Select Easy, then select Wired Connection, then press X to save the displayed settings.

For Wireless:
If you're afraid or are a newbie, use the Easy option, if you're more experienced use the Custom option.
1. Ensure your wireless router is turned on.
2. Repeat previous (Wired) steps 2-4.
3. Select Easy, then select Wireless, select Scan. Note: if the one you want to use is hidden, select Enter Manually and add the appropriate details.
4. A list of the available (SSIDs) Wi-Fi hotspots should appear, select the one you want to use, provide the password/passkey if needed.
5. Once it's been confirmed, press X to save the displayed settings.

Hope this helped.

thanks alot....but which of d connection do u use in playing online games?
Re: How Do I Go Online On A Ps3 by cao(f): 5:00pm On Jul 28, 2014
Either would do, the thing is you need a decent internet, we are talking proper broadband speeds at least 2Mbps.
I'm not a big online gamer, but I finally live in a house with good speeds, I use the wireless, although a wired gigabit connection would be the faster of the two.
Re: How Do I Go Online On A Ps3 by Flawlessangel(m): 7:31pm On Jul 28, 2014
cao: Either would do, the thing is you need a decent internet, we are talking proper broadband speeds at least 2Mbps.
I'm not a big online gamer, but I finally live in a house with good speeds, I use the wireless, although a wired gigabit connection would be the faster of the two.
so i cud playing online games using my phone as a mobile hotspot for wireless connection right?
Re: How Do I Go Online On A Ps3 by cao(f): 9:08pm On Jul 28, 2014
Flawlessangel:
so i cud playing online games using my phone as a mobile hotspot for wireless connection right?

In theory, yes with advanced 3G (HSDPA) or 4G (LTE), but in reality so-so. As long as you can guarantee the minimum average speed is at least 2Mbps, and your mobile network provider allows it, you're good to go.
Re: How Do I Go Online On A Ps3 by Flawlessangel(m): 11:10pm On Jul 28, 2014
cao:

In theory, yes with advanced 3G (HSDPA) or 4G (LTE), but in reality so-so. As long as you can guarantee the minimum average speed is at least 2Mbps, and your mobile network provider allows it, you're good to go.
thanks 4 ur help....but ur profile is having the F signal of a lady? U are a guy right?
Re: How Do I Go Online On A Ps3 by cao(f): 11:52pm On Jul 28, 2014
Flawlessangel:
thanks 4 ur help....but ur profile is having the F signal of a lady? U are a guy right?

No, I'm a woman...at least the last time I checked. **checks again** yup, still a woman.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Go Online On A Ps3 by Flawlessangel(m): 12:03am On Jul 29, 2014
cao:

No, I'm a woman...at least the last time I checked. **checks again** yup, still a woman.
wow!!! Hw come u know so much about games.....last time i checked...it was a job 4 d guys...its not as if girls dnt play...but u seem to love games beyond d average girl.
Re: How Do I Go Online On A Ps3 by cao(f): 12:22am On Jul 29, 2014
Flawlessangel:
wow!!! Hw come u know so much about games.....last time i checked...it was a job 4 d guys...its not as if girls dnt play...but u seem to love games beyond d average girl.

Been playing it for a long time, in fact I'm the one that got my brother into it. Never really been an issue, had a few friends (girls) that used to play as well. You guys just like to think woman don't play them, I know a bunch of chicks on Tumblr, who will die playing COD, FarCry and Battlefield all day long.
Now I'm slacking, I remember one time some guy tried to talk to me at my dorm. Unfortunately, I was playing Splinter Cell, I was in the zone...it didn't end well for him, I only found out after 6 months 'cause I forgot about him, the instant I closed the door.
Re: How Do I Go Online On A Ps3 by Flawlessangel(m): 2:59am On Jul 29, 2014
cao:

Been playing it for a long time, in fact I'm the one that got my brother into it. Never really been an issue, had a few friends (girls) that used to play as well. You guys just like to think woman don't play them, I know a bunch of chicks on Tumblr, who will die playing COD, FarCry and Battlefield all day long.
Now I'm slacking, I remember one time some guy tried to talk to me at my dorm. Unfortunately, I was playing Splinter Cell, I was in the zone...it didn't end well for him, I only found out after 6 months 'cause I forgot about him, the instant I closed the door.
i jusy visited ur game site, its rili cool, good job...
Also i wud love 2 chat with u on anoda platform besides narialand
Re: How Do I Go Online On A Ps3 by cao(f): 1:16pm On Jul 29, 2014
Thanks, I might not be the best person to talk to, but I'll try. If anyone has got some gist on Nigerian or other African gaming developments, give me a shout, so I can check it out.
Re: How Do I Go Online On A Ps3 by Flawlessangel(m): 1:40pm On Jul 29, 2014
cao: Thanks, I might not be the best person to talk to, but I'll try. If anyone has got some gist on Nigerian or other African gaming developments, give me a shout, so I can check it out.
ada i sent u an email, plz go reply
Re: How Do I Go Online On A Ps3 by justinlmj(m): 11:04am On Jul 30, 2014
Join the new whatapp group..now open to
all..chat with fellow home based gamers
now....add me up now..we had some issues with
the old group 07059988236

(1) (Reply)

Dream League Soccer / Hitman: Absolution / This Controller Draws Real Blood Every Time You're Shot In Video Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.