Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

Do You Beleive In Pre-cognition? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Beleive In Pre-cognition? (974 Views)

Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. / Woman Fired From Christian School For Engaging In Pre-marital Intimacy Sues Back / Why I Beleive God Is Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Beleive In Pre-cognition? by AtheistD(m): 12:13pm On Jul 27, 2014
Do you beleive in pre-cognition? Is it possible? If so, how and what does it mean?

I dated a pre-cog once and I was really blown away by her pre-cog abilities. She was into dreams and dreamt a lot.

I have also had pre-cog experiences. I beleive pre-cognition might be to do with the mind and how we perceive things, how we store and suppress/repress memories and knowledge etc. Also our ability to subconsciously detect and understand things that are not so open to interpretation.

I also beleive pre-cognition is evolutionary.

1 Like

Re: Do You Beleive In Pre-cognition? by PastorOluT(m): 4:54pm On Jul 27, 2014
Man face reality, there is more to life than just the physical or here n now!
Re: Do You Beleive In Pre-cognition? by AtheistD(m): 5:23pm On Jul 27, 2014
PastorOluT: Man face reality, there is more to life than just the physical or here n now!

Pre-cognition isnt spiritual... it is psychological.
Re: Do You Beleive In Pre-cognition? by PastorOluT(m): 9:46pm On Jul 27, 2014
AtheistD:

Really psychological, vividly shows the future? So if u believe science can give u answers to things like this then why disbelieve other supernatural effects n occurrences?
Re: Do You Beleive In Pre-cognition? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 27, 2014
AtheistD:

Ability to know future events is not metaphysical?
Re: Do You Beleive In Pre-cognition? by AtheistD(m): 9:59pm On Jul 27, 2014
PastorOluT:

Really psychological, vividly shows the future? So if u believe science can give u answers to things like this then why disbelieve other supernatural effects n occurrences?

It is a bit like intuition. These are things science is somewhat sketchy on but more and more tests/research are beginning to explain them.
Re: Do You Beleive In Pre-cognition? by PastorOluT(m): 10:04pm On Jul 27, 2014
AtheistD:

It is a bit like intuition. These are things science is somewhat sketchy on but more and more tests/research are beginning to explain them.

Whatever u call it is irrelevant, what we r saying is dreams n probably visions accurately predicting the future. Moving further, haven't u heard of dreams like someone is being flocked in the dream n waking up seeing all the scars of the beating, ow do u explain that my friend?
Re: Do You Beleive In Pre-cognition? by AtheistD(m): 10:14pm On Jul 27, 2014
PastorOluT:

Whatever u call it is irrelevant, what we r saying is dreams n probably visions accurately predicting the future. Moving further, haven't u heard of dreams like someone is being flocked in the dream n waking up seeing all the scars of the beating, ow do u explain that my friend?

I wouldnt go so far as to say predicting the future. Mostly just predicting human behaviour using untapped psychological reserves... judging inherent danger etc.

Also the scarification sounds false smiley
Re: Do You Beleive In Pre-cognition? by PastorOluT(m): 10:29pm On Jul 27, 2014
AtheistD:

I wouldnt go so far as to say predicting the future. Mostly just predicting human behaviour using untapped psychological reserves... judging inherent danger etc.

Wait till things like that happens to u, bt unfortunately its just a few of guys like this might be privileged to experience such n believe while majority would just die in their delusion.
Re: Do You Beleive In Pre-cognition? by AtheistD(m): 11:05pm On Aug 08, 2014
striktlymi:

Ability to know future events is not metaphysical?

No it is not metaphysical in the circumstances I experienced. The predictions have a scientific basis.
Re: Do You Beleive In Pre-cognition? by Nobody: 6:41am On Aug 09, 2014
AtheistD:

No it is not metaphysical in the circumstances I experienced. The predictions have a scientific basis.

Please enlighten me on this "scientific basis".
Re: Do You Beleive In Pre-cognition? by AtheistD(m): 6:54am On Aug 09, 2014
striktlymi:

Please enlighten me on this "scientific basis".

In due course. I will give you all the details.
Re: Do You Beleive In Pre-cognition? by LordReed(m): 10:13am On Aug 09, 2014
AtheistD:

Your definition would have been fine if it was limited to only human behavior but when it begins to predict events that are beyond human control then you need to take a second look.
Re: Do You Beleive In Pre-cognition? by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 09, 2014
AtheistD:

In due course. I will give you all the details.

Patiently waiting!
Re: Do You Beleive In Pre-cognition? by AtheistD(m): 11:01am On Aug 10, 2014
striktlymi:

Patiently waiting!

cheesy

Not too long now.

(1) (Reply)

Driving Force Behind Greatness. / Are Christians Allow To Date? / What Can You Make Of This Scripture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.