Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,261 members, 7,822,323 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Nigeria's Most Catholic States. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigeria's Most Catholic States. (5688 Views)

The Six Catholic Seminarians Lying In State. Rip (Photo) / Catholic Priest Slumps And Dies In Anambra During Church Service / Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Most Catholic States. by Aksonman: 12:26pm On Jul 27, 2014
Today, we are exploring Nigerian top 10 states with the largest concentration of Catholics.

My own observations, in this order:

1. Anambra
2. Lagos
3. Imo
4. Rivers
5. Delta
6. Ondo
7. Benue
8. Nassarawa
9. Edo
10. Abia

General observations:

-Igbos are the largest followers of Catholicism in Nigeria.

- Yoruba Catholics tend to be indigenes of Lagos & Ondo states. Also,majority of Yoruba protestants have Catholic, Anglican or Baptist heritage.

- Most Northern Catholics tend to be indigenes of Benue and Nassarawa states. Other Northern Christians tend to be alligned with ECWA.

- Most Nigerian Catholics are dual members of both Catholic & Penecostal churches, depending on the magnitude of their sudden life challenges.

Your thoughts.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Catholic States. by Pvin: 12:39pm On Jul 27, 2014
Where is Enugu?
Re: Nigeria's Most Catholic States. by Aksonman: 12:53pm On Jul 27, 2014
Pvin: Where is Enugu?

Number 11 ?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Catholic States. by IbrahimMav: 1:00pm On Jul 27, 2014
Inferior religion. Islam is the true path. May the light of Allah shine on you.
Re: Nigeria's Most Catholic States. by ITbomb(m): 1:08pm On Jul 27, 2014
I give it to Imo State,
There was a time all VCs of FUTO were Catholic, I wonder whether that has changed now

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Catholic States. by tpia1: 1:09pm On Jul 27, 2014
The question should be which southeast (or southsouth) state is the most catholic.

Nlers like making up imaginary lists based on faulty, biased and incomplete observations.

Thread will soon appear on front page I'm sure.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Most Catholic States. by tpia1: 1:10pm On Jul 27, 2014
And, imagine putting edo as #9 and leaving out ekiti completely?
Re: Nigeria's Most Catholic States. by ammyluv2002(f): 1:19pm On Jul 27, 2014
IbrahimMav: Inferior religion. Islam is the true path. May the light of Allah shine on you.
Are you ok? angry why are you calling other religion inferior? Was it what you were taught?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Catholic States. by Aksonman: 1:33pm On Jul 27, 2014
IbrahimMav: Inferior religion. Islam is the true path. May the light of Allah shine on you.

Thanks but No, thanks. Whenever i want a dark patch on my forehead i'll wait till Ash Wednesday.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Most Catholic States. by Aksonman: 1:37pm On Jul 27, 2014
tpia1: And, imagine putting edo as #9 and leaving out ekiti completely?

Ofcourse, i know there are Catholics in Ekiti,but i'm making reference to large concentrations.
Re: Nigeria's Most Catholic States. by IbrahimMav: 2:00pm On Jul 27, 2014
ammyluv2002: Are you ok? angry why are you calling other religion inferior? Was it what you were taught?

Islam is the only way, the true path. all other religions worship idols. May the light of Allah shine upon you.
Re: Nigeria's Most Catholic States. by IbrahimMav: 2:02pm On Jul 27, 2014
Aksonman:

Thanks but No, thanks. Whenever i want a dark patch on my forehead i'll wait till Ash Wednesday.

I don't know what you mean by that but I will have you know Islam is religion of harmony and peace. May the light of Allah shine upon you.
Re: Nigeria's Most Catholic States. by IbrahimMav: 2:06pm On Jul 27, 2014
Aksonman:

My own observations, in this order:

1. Anambra
2. Lagos
3. Imo
4. Rivers
5. Delta
6. Ondo
7. Benue
8. Nassarawa
9. Edo
10. Abia

Lies. Islam owns Nassarawa, half of Edo, three quater of Ondo, one quater of lagos, and slowing gaining ground in the SE and SS. Allah knows best.
Re: Nigeria's Most Catholic States. by tandj: 2:12pm On Jul 27, 2014
Enugu state should come first.

Its true, core northerners go to ecwa.
Re: Nigeria's Most Catholic States. by SalC: 2:14pm On Jul 27, 2014
IbrahimMav:

I don't know what you mean by that but I will have you know Islam is religion of harmony and peace. May the light of Allah shine upon you.
Rotflol grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Catholic States. by IbrahimMav: 2:18pm On Jul 27, 2014
SalC: Rotflol grin grin grin grin

Dey there dey laff. your family will soon turn to Islam. light can never be quench by darkness. May the light of Allah shine upon you.
Re: Nigeria's Most Catholic States. by tandj: 2:18pm On Jul 27, 2014
IbrahimMav:

Lies. Islam owns Nassarawa, half of Edo, three quater of Ondo, one quater of lagos, and slowing gaining ground in the SE and SS. Allah knows best.
Get ur stat well dear.
Nassarawa is 60 to 65% christians.
The muslims in nassarawa are discriminated upon by their fellow muslims outside nassarawa.
Reason is they r weak muslims.
My colleague from nassarawa feels bad when after prayer, fellow collegues from d office and other offices around don't like to go into deep discussions with him.
One actually told him face to face"r u a muslim?"
Re: Nigeria's Most Catholic States. by IbrahimMav: 2:23pm On Jul 27, 2014
tandj:
Get ur stat well dear.
Nassarawa is 60 to 65% christians.
The muslims in nassarawa are discriminated upon by their fellow muslims outside nassarawa.
Reason is they r weak muslims.
My colleague from nassarawa feels bad when after prayer, fellow collegues from d office and other offices around don't like to go into deep discussions with him.
One actually told him face to face"r u a muslim?"

Lies perpetrated by christians. you are a Christian ain't you? no offense but coming from you, your claim holds no water. I will believe it when a native of nassarawa says the same. till then May the light of Allah shine on you and clear your mind to know the true path. Allah knows best.
Re: Nigeria's Most Catholic States. by tandj: 2:28pm On Jul 27, 2014
IbrahimMav:

Lies perpetrated by christians. you are a Christian ain't you? no offense but coming from you, your claim holds no water. I will believe it when a native of nassarawa says the same. till then May the light of Allah shine on you and clear your mind to know the true path. Allah knows best.
I don't do emotional argument.
Next time, get ur starts well pls or u ask around.
I just corrected an error. Prove me wrong if u can.
Has nothing to do with being christian or muslim.
Thank u.
Re: Nigeria's Most Catholic States. by tandj: 2:40pm On Jul 27, 2014
Oh sorry dear, I actually have adamawa in mind and not nassarawa.
I don't know anything about nassarawa state.
Thanks.
Re: Nigeria's Most Catholic States. by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 27, 2014
Speak for yourself, not Islam.
Re: Nigeria's Most Catholic States. by Pavore9: 4:13pm On Jul 27, 2014
IbrahimMav: Inferior religion.Islam is the true path. May the light of Allah shine on you.
l thought lslam has its own thread? Or did you see the OP there? Some people will just be poking into where their opinions does not count!
Re: Nigeria's Most Catholic States. by Pavore9: 4:19pm On Jul 27, 2014
IbrahimMav:

U are right, Taliban, Boko haram, ISIS etc are true ambassadors of lslam.
Re: Nigeria's Most Catholic States. by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 27, 2014
Anambra,imo and Enugu are the most predominantly catholic states in Nigeria.catholics constitute about 70% of the population of these states.Others are the remaining igbo states and the states of the SS.outside the SS/SE states with high catholic population are Lagos,Benue,Kadunna
Re: Nigeria's Most Catholic States. by fr3do(m): 5:50pm On Jul 27, 2014

aboki, zip it!
save it for the islamic thread.
Re: Nigeria's Most Catholic States. by SalC: 7:35pm On Jul 27, 2014
IbrahimMav:

Dey there dey laff. your family will soon turn to Islam. light can never be quench by darkness. May the light of Allah shine upon you.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

DAY DREAMER!!!
Re: Nigeria's Most Catholic States. by shumax: 12:54am On Jul 28, 2014
Imo has the highest percentage of catholics in Nigeria, and it is not entirely true that most northen christians go to Ecwa, Plateau has after benue state the highest number of catholics in the north, then Kaduna, it would surprise that Adamawa has a very strong catholic Population too

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Catholic States. by shumax: 12:55am On Jul 28, 2014
Imo has the highest percentage of catholics in Nigeria, and it is not entirely true that most northen christians go to Ecwa, Plateau has after benue state the highest number of catholics in the north, then Kaduna, it would surprise that Adamawa has a very strong catholic Population too

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Catholic States. by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 28, 2014
IbrahimMav:

half of edo

grin grin grin This aboki has never ever left kano
Re: Nigeria's Most Catholic States. by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 28, 2014
Edo state is actually about 70 percent christian population.
Re: Nigeria's Most Catholic States. by tonychristopher: 10:30am On Jul 28, 2014
IbrahimMav:

Islam is the only way, the true path. all other religions worship idols. May the light of Allah shine upon you.

and Islam worship allah an Arabian dusty deity and pray to this huge black stone called kabbah

you don't have the right to call other religion fake. this is Islamic fanatical attitude of muslins
Re: Nigeria's Most Catholic States. by AltarBoy1: 3:48pm On Jul 28, 2014
You mean the true path to 72virgins... Or the true path to learning suicide bombing...

(1) (2) (Reply)

It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri / Christianity And One Man, One Wife / Is Oral Sexx a Sin Before God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.