Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,727 members, 7,805,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

. - Computers (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / . (28048 Views)

Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) / Laptop/computer Repairs: Pls Help Me Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by sandammy(m): 10:42pm On Aug 17, 2015
sandammy:
Pls I have issue with my PC wireless connection through WiFi. it will.detect and connect to my phone hotspot but I Stoll cannot browse because it always indicate no internet access. I tried the trouble shooting but its not resolve. The messages I received is that the adapter is broken. How do I fix this pls.
pls can I get answers and solutions to this problem. thanks
Re: . by onegig(m): 10:59am On Aug 30, 2015
sandammy:
pls can I get answers and solutions to this problem. thanks

Sorry for the late response.

As for your WiFi problem. You sure there is no custom IP address linked to your wireless adapter ?

Click the wireless connection. select properties. Next go under the ipv4 connection settings. Set all the parameters to automatic.

Refresh and try reconnecting.
Re: . by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 30, 2015
Engr thanks for creating this thread,
please my laptop keyboard 1 and 2 bottons are not responding, what can be the cause and how do I remedy it?
Re: . by talk2dre(m): 7:46pm On Sep 03, 2015
onegig:
Morning 3k.

I have another issue; my laptop is down. It comes on but nothing happens n it stays that way. I changed its processor around March because the engineer said it was where the problem came from then. Then the same problem arises now and the engineer said the problem is with the board that I need to change it.
What do you think is wrong with it cos I want to take it away from the engineer?
Re: . by Akell(m): 12:41pm On Sep 05, 2015
Onegig, weldone here, please I've got numerous issues with my Brian Laptop.
One, the computer has been giving me warning that the hard disk is faulty and that I should consider replacing it soon.

Two, I can't connect to the wireless network anymore. I think the driver is the issue.

Please, help me out. Thanks!!!
Re: . by onegig(m): 1:50pm On Sep 05, 2015
talk2dre:

I have another issue; my laptop is down. It comes on but nothing happens n it stays that way. I changed its processor around March because the engineer said it was where the problem came from then. Then the same problem arises now and the engineer said the problem is with the board that I need to change it.
What do you think is wrong with it cos I want to take it away from the engineer?

Likely your vga is bad. They normally just heat it back but you would have to change that board at last.
Re: . by onegig(m): 1:52pm On Sep 05, 2015
Akell:
One, the computer has been giving me warning that the hard disk is faulty and that I should consider replacing it soon.

Two, I can't connect to the wireless network anymore. I think the driver is the issue.

You would need to change the hard disk. What size do you currently use? As for the wireless. What's the exact model?
Re: . by Akell(m): 3:22pm On Sep 05, 2015
Akell:

onegig:

You would need to change the hard disk. What size do you currently use? As for the wireless. What's the exact model?

The current disk capacity is 400GB.
Hmmm...bro, concerning the wifi, I don't really know much. What do you mean by model?
It's a realtek wireless though.
Window 7 professional.
32 bit

A guy suggested that if I reload the OS, the wifi driver will come back. Can we have a whatsapp chat? 08065466976. If I may ask, why did you remove your pin from your signature?
Re: . by Potch: 7:21pm On Sep 05, 2015
Hello Bros.
I bought a MacBook Apple laptop while studying in SA. Having returned to Nigeria, it was extremely slow. I tried to fix it here, no one could assist me with the problem, so I sent it to SA for a repair. I was told the hard drive is faulty and needed to replace the battery as well. What they wanted to charge me is enough to get a new laptop. I am wondering if you could assist with the repair?
Re: . by good188(m): 3:32am On Sep 06, 2015
My laptop fan didn't work how can I solve the problem ?
Re: . by justi4jesu(f): 7:36am On Sep 06, 2015
good188:

Take it to an Engineer to fix.
Re: . by talk2dre(m): 8:36am On Sep 06, 2015
onegig:

Likely your vga is bad. They normally just heat it back but you would have to change that board at last.

Damn!
Are you in Computer Village?

And how much do I need to change the board?
It is AMD ...not Intel, Dualcore processor.

The laptop is an Acer Emachines E640.
Thanks.

And by the way, does hibernation kill the board of AMD laptops?
Re: . by onegig(m): 10:07am On Sep 06, 2015
Potch:
Hello Bros.
I bought a MacBook Apple laptop while studying in SA. Having returned to Nigeria, it was extremely slow. I tried to fix it here, no one could assist me with the problem, so I sent it to SA for a repair. I was told the hard drive is faulty and needed to replace the battery as well. What they wanted to charge me is enough to get a new laptop. I am wondering if you could assist with the repair?

It can be fixed, however I need to know exact model or year of The MacBook. Just budget around 16 to 20k for both.
Re: . by talk2dre(m): 10:32am On Sep 06, 2015
talk2dre:

Damn!
Are you in Computer Village? You can drop your location and contacts here or forward it to my mail kwamb2g@yahoo.com.

Thanks.

Reply needed ASAP.
Re: . by onegig(m): 10:35am On Sep 06, 2015
Akell:

The current disk capacity is 400GB.
Hmmm...bro, concerning the wifi, I don't really know much. What do you mean by model?
It's a realtek wireless though.
Window 7 professional.
32 bit

A guy suggested that if I reload the OS, the wifi driver will come back. Can we have a whatsapp chat? 08065466976. If I may ask, why did you remove your pin from your signature?

Ok. A 500gb Hard disk costs 9k now .

If you reload the OS it would definitely drive the Wireless.

My pin? Just a bit busy and didn't want unsolicited messages. I would send you a message.
Re: . by onegig(m): 10:35am On Sep 06, 2015
good188:

Just like justi4jesu said. You won't be able to handle it yourself.

If you can state the model, I can give you a range of price you could get it fixed and how to reach me.
Re: . by onegig(m): 12:00pm On Sep 06, 2015
talk2dre:

Damn!
Are you in Computer Village? You can drop your location and contacts here or forward it to my mail kwamb2g@yahoo.com.

Thanks.

Nah. Not in computer village. Just have like a liaison in cases when I need to fix things there.

Budget around 23k for the board.

I have heard stories of such but no authentic research has been done towards that. Maybe they have poor restating memories.
Re: . by talk2dre(m): 12:19pm On Sep 06, 2015
onegig:

Nah. Not in computer village. Just have like a liaison in cases when I need to fix things there.

Budget around 23k for the board.

I have heard stories of such but no authentic research has been done towards that. Maybe they have poor restating memories.

Ok thank you.
I will get back to you.
Re: . by good188(m): 9:15pm On Sep 06, 2015
onegig:

Just like justi4jesu said. You won't be able to handle it yourself.

If you can state the model, I can give you a range of price you could get it fixed and how to reach me.
I'm using hp pavillion 6,also it has flex problem because sometime my laptop will show ink for face and later it will clear like normally laptop ,please get back to me and how to reach you
Re: . by Potch: 5:47am On Sep 07, 2015
onegig:

It can be fixed, however I need to know exact model or year of The MacBook. Just budget around 16 to 20k for both.
Okay with me. I will get back to you soon. Thanks
Re: . by Akell(m): 6:26am On Sep 07, 2015
onegig:

Ok. A 500gb Hard disk costs 9k now .

If you reload the OS it would definitely drive the Wireless.

My pin? Just a bit busy and didn't want unsolicited messages. I would send you a message.

ain't available on bbm ATM.

where do we meet?
Need it fixed ASAP sire.
I'm in Lagos (Yaba)
Re: . by onegig(m): 10:32pm On Sep 07, 2015
Akell:

ain't available on bbm ATM.
where do we meet? Need it fixed ASAP sire. I'm in Lagos (Yaba)
busy during work days. Saturday alone
send a pm
Re: . by Kaysalas(m): 2:40pm On Sep 10, 2015
@Onegig, can't find your number here o, I checked d first page & page 8. a beg, kindly send a mail to Kaysalas @ yahoo don come. I need your phone number
Re: . by good188(m): 8:36pm On Sep 10, 2015
good188:
I'm using hp pavillion 6,also it has flex problem because sometime my laptop will show ink for face and later it will clear like normally laptop ,please get back to me and how to reach you
please let me know how much i need to come up with
Re: . by onegig(m): 6:43am On Sep 11, 2015
Kaysalas:
@Onegig, can't find your number here o, I checked d first page & page 8. a beg, kindly send a mail to Kaysalas @ yahoo don come. I need your phone number
send me a pm. Would reply to you by evening. There are some technicalities as regards the phone number listed here.
Re: . by dotsdavidson(m): 12:21pm On Sep 11, 2015
Hello Engineer. Please I can't remember the password to my old computer system. Please how do I log in afresh. Thanks
Re: . by Markachi666(m): 7:35pm On Sep 11, 2015
dotsdavidson:
Hello Engineer. Please I can't remember the password to my old computer system. Please how do I log in afresh. Thanks
Is it desktop or laptop? You may need to reload the operating system
Re: . by onegig(m): 10:03pm On Sep 11, 2015
dotsdavidson:
hello. You don't need to reload if it's a windows 7. Thanks.
Re: . by Trafford(m): 9:03am On Sep 12, 2015
Engineers in the house, I just experience something with my laptop. When I put it on, it doesn't come up on the screen but there will be light on the keyboard. When I put it off for a while say 30mins to 1 hour and also remove the battery, it will come up. After a while, or if I put it off, it will return to the old state of not powering on and not showing on te desktop. Please help as this is a new laptop I bought 2 weeks ago.. 250G3 HP laptop

Jonathan
Re: . by Trafford(m): 12:57pm On Sep 12, 2015
Trafford:
Engineers in the house, I just experience something with my laptop. When I put it on, it doesn't come up on the screen but there will be light on the keyboard. When I put it off for a while say 30mins to 1 hour and also remove the battery, it will come up. After a while, or if I put it off, it will return to the old state of not powering on and not showing on te desktop. Please help as this is a new laptop I bought 2 weeks ago.. 250G3 HP laptop

Jonathan
Re: . by Kaysalas(m): 7:43pm On Sep 12, 2015
Re: . by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 12, 2015

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Formatting My Ipod Shuffle (Apple 1Gb Drive) / Affordable Uk used laptops for sale / TECNO Unveils Megabook T1 10th Generation Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.