Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,855 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / . (28078 Views)

Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) / Laptop/computer Repairs: Pls Help Me Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by onegig(m): 6:30pm On Jul 27, 2014

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by onegig(m): 6:44pm On Jul 27, 2014
I want to also use this opportunity to say a big thank you to the numerous people on here who have called in for us to fix one or two of their gadgets. We wish to state that we have learnt alot from our past interactions with you and poised to making the necessary amends so as to serve you better.
Special shout out to gboliwe, bellong, wilson, daniel. Abbey, kaysalas and numerous others who have trusted us to handle their systems. Thanks so much. We appreciate you!
Re: . by Gboliwe: 7:04pm On Jul 27, 2014
onegig: I want to also use this opportunity to say a big thank you to the numerous people on here who have called in for us to fix one or two of their gadgets. We wish to state that we have learnt alot from our past interactions with you and poised to making the necessary amends so as to serve you better.
Special shout out to gboliwe, bellong, wilson, daniel. Abbey, kaysalas and numerous others who have trusted us to handle their systems. Thanks so much. We appreciate you!

Wow! Let's make this work again. Happy celebration by the way. I didn't see any meat though
wink
The battery of my mini-laptop just out of the blues decided not to work anymore.
See how, I watched a movie on it the other night, watched till the battery drained and I went to sleep. Power was restored much later at night, I am pretty sure I put the system to charge. By morning I went to work, came home in the evening and tried to play music- there was no light then, but the laptop I charged refused to come on. I even thought maybe I didn't charge it the previous night but when I thought hard, I remembered I did put it to charge. Then, I put on my generator and had it on playing music, then power was restored, I went out to take off the generator only to come in and see the laptop was off. Tried putting it on again, but it wouldn't come on. Reconnected it to power and it worked. The thing won't work without being on power. Is that how batteries die? I mean, instantly? Without warning? I am surprised.
Re: . by onegig(m): 7:18pm On Jul 27, 2014
Gboliwe:

Wow! Let's make this work again. Happy celebration by the way. I didn't see any meat though
wink
The battery of my mini-laptop just out of the blues decided not to work anymore.
See how, I watched a movie on it the other night, watched till the battery drained and I went to sleep. Power was restored much later at night, I am pretty sure I put the system to charge. By morning I went to work, came home in the evening and tried to play music- there was no light then, but the laptop I charged refused to come on. I even thought maybe I didn't charge it the previous night but when I thought hard, I remembered I did put it to charge. Then, I put on my generator and had it on playing music, then power was restored, I went out to take off the generator only to come in and see the laptop was off. Tried putting it on again, but it wouldn't come on. Reconnected it to power and it worked. The thing won't work without being on power. Is that how batteries die? I mean, instantly? Without warning? I am surprised.
Yeah. Lets make it work. Nairaland Tsunami wiped off almost 14 pages from the last time.

My sister such things happen when it comes to some electronics.

Batteries are always like that sometimes, very fragile and a little power surge can spoil the cells. I guess there was a power surge while switching to gen and that was what spoilt the battery.

You can also try this . Drain the battery totally from that 14 per cent to 0 per cent. That's like recalibrating it. Remove it and leave it out for up to two hours. Next connect and charge. If it still doesn't work then you would have to change it just like we agreed.

Thanks for the well wishes. Sallah has been kind of low key. As for the meat. Just put on your bluetooth. I guess that would be faster. You should recieve it soon. Lol.
Re: . by Gboliwe: 7:26pm On Jul 27, 2014
onegig: Yeah. Lets make it work. Nairaland Tsunami wiped off almost 14 pages from the last time.

My sister such things happen when it comes to some electronics.

Batteries are always like that sometimes, very fragile and a little power surge can spoil the cells. I guess there was a power surge while switching to gen and that was what spoilt the battery.

You can also try this . Drain the battery totally from that 14 per cent to 0 per cent. That's like recalibrating it. Remove it and leave it out for up to two hours. Next connect and charge. If it still doesn't work then you would have to change it just like we agreed.

Thanks for the well wishes. Sallah has been kind of low key. As for the meat. Just put on your bluetooth. I guess that would be faster. You should recieve it soon. Lol.

I will do just that! I mean the battery stuff. If you were thinking I'll leave my bluetooth on waiting for meat, then you are sucked. Better FEDex my meat or what happened in 1824 will be child's play.
Re: . by onegig(m): 7:51pm On Jul 27, 2014
Gboliwe:
I will do just that! I mean the battery stuff. If you were thinking I'll leave my bluetooth on waiting for meat, then you are sucked. Better FEDex my meat or what happened in 1824 will be child's play.
ah! Ok o. Last time i tried sending meat through fedex they labelled it contraband. Lol.
And as for ablogistics dey no dey work on sunday.
But wait, I don dey fear o. What happened in 1824? My own version states that the Queen farted while entertaining guests. Is that true?
Re: . by uzoexcel(m): 9:01pm On Jul 27, 2014
i m nt in lagos now but just wanna seek ur opinion on somethin...i have a hp dv4 laptop with 4gb ram (2 * 2gb ddr2).all other specs usual/normal... however i carry out high level simulations with matlab software which usually slows my laptop.is it possible to increase it to 8gb by buying 2 * 4gb ddr2 RAM.i tried checking online but all i could see was just for p.c's and not for laptops.
Re: . by Gboliwe: 5:45am On Jul 28, 2014
onegig: ah! Ok o. Last time i tried sending meat through fedex they labelled it contraband. Lol.
And as for ablogistics dey no dey work on sunday.
But wait, I don dey fear o. What happened in 1824? My own version states that the Queen farted while entertaining guests. Is that true?
She farted alright but instead of air, solid matter dropped out! That's exactly what will happen again if I don't get my meat.

I removed that battery as soon as I read your post here last night. Its been out since then. Its more than 2hrs abi? I will still leave it out till maybe in the evening when I hope it will have drained out totally.
Re: . by onegig(m): 9:32am On Jul 28, 2014
uzoexcel: i m nt in lagos now but just wanna seek ur opinion on somethin...i have a hp dv4 laptop with 4gb ram (2 * 2gb ddr2).all other specs usual/normal... however i carry out high level simulations with matlab software which usually slows my laptop.is it possible to increase it to 8gb by buying 2 * 4gb ddr2 RAM.i tried checking online but all i could see was just for p.c's and not for laptops.
4gb should be more than enough to run matlab. Most times it isn't the ram but your processor speed and clock rate. You would get the 4gb ram in the market. Just a bit scarce and a little expensive but even increasing the ram to eight gb might not have any noticeable effect on the applications you use. At that point the ram's efficiency is inelastic. I.e can't be stretched to achieve more.

Also, it is advised you close applications that run in the background when you want to run your matlab software. You can't expect to be running a video app, playing music, having tons of other application running in the background and expect matlab to run smoothly.
Re: . by onegig(m): 9:42am On Jul 28, 2014
Gboliwe: She farted alright but instead of air, solid matter dropped out! That's exactly what will happen again if I don't get my meat.

I removed that battery as soon as I read your post here last night. Its been out since then. Its more than 2hrs abi? I will still leave it out till maybe in the evening when I hope it will have drained out totally.
geez. You just spoiled my appetite.ok. I agree, would see what i can do about it. Don't want what happened then to happen again.

Were you able to drain it to 0 per cent? I.e continous use until it empties out?
Re: . by uzoexcel(m): 11:28am On Jul 28, 2014
the official systems i use for my simulations are 16 gigs desktop and some of the simulations take close to 3 minutes before i get a reply
if i wanna run some of this in my laptop, and obviously closing down all applications, it makes the system hang indefinitely while the memory usage on task bar gets close to 3.82gig....hence my interest in increasing
my processor is pentium dual core CPU @2.00gHz per core
onegig: 4gb should be more than enough to run matlab. Most times it isn't the ram but your processor speed and clock rate. You would get the 4gb ram in the market. Just a bit scarce and a little expensive but even increasing the ram to eight gb might not have any noticeable effect on the applications you use. At that point the ram's efficiency is inelastic. I.e can't be stretched to achieve more.

Also, it is advised you close applications that run in the background when you want to run your matlab software. You can't expect to be running a video app, playing music, having tons of other application running in the background and expect matlab to run smoothly.
Re: . by onegig(m): 9:32am On Jul 31, 2014
uzoexcel: the official systems i use for my simulations are 16 gigs desktop and some of the simulations take close to 3 minutes before i get a reply
if i wanna run some of this in my laptop, and obviously closing down all applications, it makes the system hang indefinitely while the memory usage on task bar gets close to 3.82gig....hence my interest in increasing
my processor is pentium dual core CPU @2.00gHz per core

It would be good to upgrade but since your 16gb dedicated desktop system has to take 3 minutes to run some, how many minutes do you think the Laptop would take? maybe much more time like 10 minutes.

If you use this system for extensive work that need to be done with speed. I wouldn't advise you increase the ram only. You should also change the hard disk from your normal sata to SSD. Should improve speeds by at least 50%.
Re: . by ritzeluv(f): 1:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
My dell inspiron screen just got broken without nobody touching it. What was d cause and how much to fix it.
Re: . by onegig(m): 1:45pm On Jul 31, 2014
ritzeluv: My dell inspiron screen just got broken without nobody touching it. What was d cause and how much to fix it.

Thanks for your call and sorry about the broken screen. I doubt it just broke on its own. Maybe when you were carrying it somewhere it hit something or maybe you or someone(thats if you have other people living around) mistakenly stepped on it over night. A screen does not just break except it has been mishandled or pressurized.

Would be expecting your return call. Thanks
Re: . by onegig(m): 8:16pm On Aug 01, 2014
Lost my phone in transit. Would provide alternate numbers for calls soon. I know many people would have been trying to reach me. Sorry about this.
Re: . by honharr(m): 8:40am On Aug 04, 2014
pc screen just cracked..hp dv4.any contact on where to change d screen.i need it done today..give me numbers ti call.
Re: . by onegig(m): 9:37am On Aug 04, 2014
honharr: pc screen just cracked..hp dv4.any contact on where to change d screen.i need it done today..give me numbers ti call.
I have made the necessary arrangement for you already.

Thanks for your patronage.
Re: . by bizngr(f): 4:16pm On Aug 04, 2014
Onegig,
I need to replace my Compaq Mini keyboard (inbuilt). I noticed the "Z" key first stopped working, followed by some other keys and now I have just a few working... How much will it cost and how long (in minutes) will it take you to fix it?
Reply asap!
Re: . by onegig(m): 6:35pm On Aug 04, 2014
bizngr: Onegig,
I need to replace my Compaq Mini keyboard (inbuilt). I noticed the "Z" key first stopped working, followed by some other keys and now I have just a few working... How much will it cost and how long (in minutes) will it take you to fix it?
Reply asap!
it would take 10 to 15mins and costs 3k5.
Re: . by bizngr(f): 8:38am On Aug 05, 2014
onegig: it would take 10 to 15mins and costs 3k5.
I'll pay 3k... Will be sending someone over today if you accept.
Re: . by onegig(m): 9:40am On Aug 05, 2014
bizngr: I'll pay 3k... Will be sending someone over today if you accept.
I would have loved to do it straight but seriously the price has been heavily subsidised already. I would appreciate if you can go on with that first price. Thanks. You have to however follow same instructions i gave two posts above.
Re: . by bizngr(f): 1:54pm On Aug 05, 2014
onegig: I would have loved to do it straight but seriously the price has been heavily subsidised. I would appreciate if you can go on with that price. Thanks. You have to follow same instructions i gave two posts above.
I can't view PMs.
Re: . by onegig(m): 6:11pm On Aug 05, 2014
bizngr: I can't view PMs.

I sent a new one to your yahoo account.
Re: . by bigdot1759(m): 9:18pm On Aug 05, 2014
pls to everyone here, is there any different between tablet OS like wins 7 or 8 & laptop OS
Re: . by bellong: 9:31pm On Aug 05, 2014
bigdot1759: pls to everyone here, is there any different between tablet OS like wins 7 or 8 & laptop OS

It is only Windows that is an Operating System (OS) in what you listed above.

A tablet is a bigger version of a phone and very small version of a laptop, to define it in a very simple language.

An OS is what a tablet, phone or laptop operates on. Without it, none of them will work. The OS available are listed below to mention few

Windows, iOS, Android etc

1 Like

Re: . by scampy(m): 10:45pm On Aug 05, 2014
onegig:

How much will it cost me to change my Acer laptop screen? It is 15.6 inches.
Re: . by onegig(m): 10:56pm On Aug 05, 2014
scampy:

How much will it cost me to change my Acer laptop screen? It is 15.6 inches.
it will cost you 11k. Thanks.
Re: . by scampy(m): 11:01pm On Aug 05, 2014
onegig: it will cost you 11k. Thanks.

Ok, i wil get back to you.
Re: . by bigdot1759(m): 1:01am On Aug 06, 2014
bellong:

It is only Windows that is an Operating System (OS) in what you listed above.

A tablet is a bigger version of a phone and very small version of a laptop, to define it in a very simple language.

An OS is what a tablet, phone or laptop operates on. Without it, none of them will work. The OS available are listed below to mention few

Windows, iOS, Android etc
this's what i mean, i mean are they using same application or thr's tablet's wins 7 or 8 apps apart & laptop wins 7 or 8 apps apart
Re: . by bellong: 7:41am On Aug 06, 2014
bigdot1759: this's what i mean, i mean are they using same application or thr's tablet's wins 7 or 8 apps apart & laptop wins 7 or 8 apps apart

Depends on the make.

Some tablets manufacturers like Samsung, motorola use Android OS, Apple uses iOS, etc.

1 Like

Re: . by bizngr(f): 9:11am On Aug 06, 2014
onegig:

Read and replied. Tomorrow at Noon!
Re: . by sokus(m): 12:41pm On Aug 06, 2014
Please, help me out. I have a samsung mini laptop. I plugged it in charging for in an outlet. The charger blew up and also there was another sound of something that blew up. Right now the laptop is not powering on and the port where I plug the pin of the charger has a funny smell. Please, is it that the motherboard is already gone or there is another issue. Please come to my rescue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Formatting My Ipod Shuffle (Apple 1Gb Drive) / Affordable Uk used laptops for sale / TECNO Unveils Megabook T1 10th Generation Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.