Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,728 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone (17178 Views)

Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) / Ebola: FG Suspends Airline Operations From Liberia, Sierra Leone / How Much Is Flight Ticket From Nigeria To Liberia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 28, 2014
This potential disaster would have been averted if proactive air route shut-down measure were taken before now.

The other passengers should have been screened.
If we hear any other case of this filovirus in Nigeria, the i'm sorry IT HAS COME TO STAY IN NIGERIA.

Our petty attitude towards serious issues will keep costing us valuable lives.

Ecowas and the whole of Africa should start massive funding of research towards the discovery of Ebola Vaccines and drugs by allocating grants to our Scientists. We should stop waiting on the whites to do it for us.
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by Emmyk(m): 11:30am On Jul 28, 2014
Yoru.bas in Lagos be like "Aku Ebola Virus", I
love my people. cheesy
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by eveblast(f): 11:30am On Jul 28, 2014
The authority should have screened every body coming into Nigeria from those countries for the meeting before they started boarding their flights.
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by Ishilove: 11:42am On Jul 28, 2014
knightsTempler: I just heard over CNN that a second American doctor has contracted the disease. This Ebola of a thing is spreading like a wild fire.

The Nigerian government better take this as a matter of national emergency and deploy all it's resources to keep it in check.
I don't know if this is true but I heard the man's sister died of Ebola, and he knew he had Ebola yet he still brought his nasty diseased self here to infect millions of Nigerians. Our issues are many and yet they want to add Ebola to them. Mscheeew angry

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 28, 2014
blocker: grin grin grin grin I dey bus coming from lagos to the East e get one man we dey sweat, cough two seats behind me and people are complaining, again I no sure wether na Nigerian cause him English get one kin accent. O boy e be like say I go drop for Sagamu.
bros I'd advice u drop at shagamu and trek down to east on bare foot than go all the way inside that bus, cos it is most wiser to trek than to die of d-gbola virus

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 28, 2014
shoefreak: Na wa oo. I swear, flying scares the jeepers out of me. The phobia is out of this world. I can't sit in a plane without holding on to someone oo. angry sad and all these stories are just making it worse.
Are you one of these village girls on nl
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 28, 2014
solara:

U ARE A FOOL
Why calling him a fool?Be civil young man, that's his believe ok.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by jude33084(m): 12:19pm On Jul 28, 2014
Superstar007: - Seriously, Some girls are thinking that
Ebola is another Hit song like
DOROBUCCI, they have
started changing their names to
Ebolasexy, EbolaDiva, Ebola Pearl,
EbolaChic, EbolaDuchess, EbolaCutie. Etc... shocked

Abeg someone should inform them
that Ebola na disease o!!... I don talk
my own. cheesy

- So my friend invited me to attend this church programme last night tagged "KOBOKO NIGHT: MY FATHER!, MY FATHER!! THAT WITCH MUST DIE". There was this man who has been coughing through out the duration of the programme. During deliverance session, the pastor started shouting "If you have be afflicted by any kind of Sickness or you need anything from the lord, Come Out!!!" the man who was in his mid 40s went out to the altar. The pastor after reading the bible portion of the man who sat by the pool of Bethsaida asked him "What do you want the lord to do for you?". The man replied "I want to be made whole", the Pastor retorted "What is troubling you?" the man answered "EVD" the Pastor looking shocked said "Mr. Man What do you mean by EVD", the man turned around to look at the congregation and again faced the Pastor and answered "Ebola Virus". Ebola wetin? shocked Before I know wetin happen Pastor shoe dey fly for air, I no no when hin reach main gate, Everybody do scatter everywhere. Naso people dey shout "Chisos!!!", "Not my portion!!" grin

My ribs ooooh! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by orobs93(m): 12:25pm On Jul 28, 2014
Only toasting u don catch ebola...
Ok better reason to stick with 1 partner
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by seyipee2011: 12:38pm On Jul 28, 2014
Britney Spears to launch Intimate Underwear collections http://www.seyipeters.com/britney-spears-to-launchintimate-underwear-collections-2/
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by jude33084(m): 12:51pm On Jul 28, 2014
ceejay80s:
dis liberian guy drank tea on that plane, ate food on that plane, put spoon for mouth, somebody served him and packed the plates.

OMG! True talk sad
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by babino22: 1:05pm On Jul 28, 2014
Just as we have agbo jedijedi, we'll soon have agbo ebola if Nigerians should get infected.
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by NaijaPress: 1:22pm On Jul 28, 2014
In as much as every one is trying to poke fun out of the ebola problem, one has to be carefull too. tips for prevention - www.naijapress.com.ng/ebola-virus-disease-prevent-loved-ebola-virus/
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by AMADU77: 1:47pm On Jul 28, 2014
Ptoocool: "This decision is a pre-cautionary measure aimed at safeguarding the precious lives of Nigerians"

9c move by Arik but α qreater virus dan Ebola is here..

i agree sir

but its not Arik that stop flying !! its Liberian authorities that block and close all border to stop Ebola thread

i don't think business people gives a $hit about our lives
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 28, 2014
This is why I hate Nigerians at the hem of affairs of not taking pro-active measures in a situation like this. We have been hearing of Ebola spreading to other African countries from Guinea yet we never provided quarantine centers in our airports and borders only to end up having a Liberian diplomat brought in the virus strain, which one or more people have contacted in the flight that brought him into the country. There is no doubt somebody must have shaken hands with the man as a respected figure and through that means get infected. I feel very sad about the way the Nigerian health sector is playing down on the lives of Nigerians with their poor measures.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by Beaf1: 2:24pm On Jul 28, 2014
Boko Harems are bombing, our politicians are killing, War drums are loud, Ebola is coming ... cry cry cry
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by blocker: 2:35pm On Jul 28, 2014
lrguru: bros I'd advice u drop at shagamu and trek down to east on bare foot than go all the way inside that bus, cos it is most wiser to trek than to die of d-gbola virus

grin grin grin grin shee?
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by revelationuche: 3:03pm On Jul 28, 2014
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by Ptoocool(m): 3:23pm On Jul 28, 2014
AMADU77:

i agree sir

but its not Arik that stop flying !! its Liberian authorities that block and close all border to stop Ebola thread

i don't think business people gives a $hit about our lives

Yea, u riqht bout bizness pipu..datz why itz called bizness..
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by ayobase(m): 3:26pm On Jul 28, 2014
shinechinedu: The person that sat closest to him should be summoned immediately

not only the person.
the manifest should be looked into.
and those people on board should be given a very close marking.
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by sexyjessy(f): 3:31pm On Jul 28, 2014
Superstar007: - Seriously, Some girls are thinking that
Ebola is another Hit song like
DOROBUCCI, they have
started changing their names to
Ebolasexy, EbolaDiva, Ebola Pearl,
EbolaChic, EbolaDuchess, EbolaCutie. Etc... shocked

Abeg someone should inform them
that Ebola na disease o!!... I don talk
my own. cheesy

- So my friend invited me to attend this church programme last night tagged "KOBOKO NIGHT: MY FATHER!, MY FATHER!! THAT WITCH MUST DIE". There was this man who has been coughing through out the duration of the programme. During deliverance session, the pastor started shouting "If you have be afflicted by any kind of Sickness or you need anything from the lord, Come Out!!!" the man who was in his mid 40s went out to the altar. The pastor after reading the bible portion of the man who sat by the pool of Bethsaida asked him "What do you want the lord to do for you?". The man replied "I want to be made whole", the Pastor retorted "What is troubling you?" the man answered "EVD" the Pastor looking shocked said "Mr. Man What do you mean by EVD", the man turned around to look at the congregation and again faced the Pastor and answered "Ebola Virus". Ebola wetin? shocked Before I know wetin happen Pastor shoe dey fly for air, I no no when hin reach main gate, Everybody do scatter everywhere. Naso people dey shout "Chisos!!!", "Not my portion!!" grin

ebolasexy ni.. cheesy cheesy cheesy ...hahahhahahahahahaaahhah..pastor no dey carry last grin grin
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by SantaMafia: 3:56pm On Jul 28, 2014
NgwaManNaija4LF:

YOU ARE AN IDIOT FOOLISH GHANIAN
AND YOU ARE A NONSENSE MOR0NIC IGBO SH1T DOG/SHITNIGERIAN
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by frainc(m): 4:23pm On Jul 28, 2014
BedLam: Why don't you carry out your own test on Monkeys and see if it was engineered to kill them too?
so you mean monkey only live in west africa?
Or what do you mean?
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by roufy235(m): 4:44pm On Jul 28, 2014
nice move
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by omogidi234(m): 5:13pm On Jul 28, 2014
sigmundfreud: The Doctors and Management of the hospital must be commended for their professional conduct in handling this case. They have done a great service to the nation!
Arik airways also deserve kudos for being proactive... Nigerian government should be more aggressive in prevention and preparedness. Europe and America won't hesitate to put flight restrictions on us when the katakata starts.

I agree with you but I think, Arik should not have waited till the first victim was confirmed before cancelling flights in/out bound of Countries already affected.

I am sure if it was a Virgin/KLM or BA, they would have cancel such flights since. If government is not proactive, Corporate organizations should.
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by howfarwhatagwan: 5:15pm On Jul 28, 2014
Oh so you only realized now that your flights to Liberia and Sierra Leone is a huge risk to Nigerians na wow for una oh e don reach how many months wey dey battle this Ebola and you guys have continued to fly there una do well oh
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by Litmus: 5:23pm On Jul 28, 2014
With our wide-open borders whats the point ?
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 28, 2014
Thinking they didn't consider their lost is shocking. In all it was a good move.. Kudos to the management.
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by sweetsugar01: 7:19pm On Jul 28, 2014
Arik very funny.
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by Sarimah(f): 7:31pm On Jul 28, 2014
May God help us embarassed
Re: Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 28, 2014
Baba God,plz help us ooo....i really hope dis is the end of this EVD in Naija...D thought of it spreading dey scary oooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

US Supreme Court Allows Parts Of Travel Ban To Take Effect / 30 PDP Members Die In Road Accident In Benue / How The Economic Recession Is Affecting Travel In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.