Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

cartalk - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / cartalk (4560 Views)

P2227 Code And AC Issue On A 2005 Honda. Pls Advice! / Download Free OBD-II Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) Manual / Installing Africa Map In The Navigation System Of A 2005 Armanda Nissan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

cartalk by 3ace(m): 2:15pm On Jul 28, 2014
Re: cartalk by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 28, 2014
Clear the codes, and see whether the codes will reappear.
Re: cartalk by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:21pm On Jul 28, 2014
3ace:
The above trouble codes were what my diagnostic scanner retrieved from the computer of a 2005 Toyota corolla after the "check engine" light came on recently. Apparently, these codes relate to the transmission but so far, I'm yet to notice any malfunction in the operation of this transmission. The car still works perfectly-no drag, no hesitation and it changes gear smoothly while on motion. I have been advised to remove and clean the socket attached to the transmission range sensor which I did last week but the codes are still there. With the CEL on, I won't be notified if there's any fault in the engine hence, I need to sort this out and clear the warning light. Please, if you can help solve this problem or you know someone who's good at things like this, be kind enough to contribute. I'll really appreciate.

What is happening is your TCM is not receiving a confirmation if its in PRN2L that's why you have the error.

If you clean the socket and it does not work, try re-alinging it, there's an adjuster, its probably off a few degrees, if that doesn't work just replace it, I'm guessing a tokumbor one will not be up to 5k. Don't forget to erase the errors after each attempt so you know when its working.
Re: cartalk by 3ace(m): 8:55pm On Jul 28, 2014
Re: cartalk by 3ace(m): 9:18pm On Jul 28, 2014
Re: cartalk by 3ace(m): 10:42pm On Jul 28, 2014

Re: cartalk by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:00pm On Jul 28, 2014
At the tail end of the shifter cable is a bolt 12 bolt and where it attaches to the gearbox has a little opening for adjustment when adjusting make sure the ignition is on so you can see the individual PRNDL2 lights on the instrument panel light up when its correctly done.

If you try and it fails just get a replacement bargain well its not too expensive. 1-5k

Re: cartalk by 3ace(m): 8:13am On Jul 29, 2014
Re: cartalk by 3ace(m): 1:48pm On Aug 09, 2014

Re: cartalk by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:09pm On Aug 09, 2014
Sorry about the broken bolt, unforseen things like this tend to happen even when we are extreemly careful. There are 3 ways you can go about this.

1. Live with the CEL light and weld the leaver in place.

2.Apply more force, remove the leaver, change the park neutral switch with a working one (tested) and weld the leaver in place.

3. Replace the bolt (this will require droping the gearbox) and replace the park neutral switch.

If I were in your shoes I would opt for 2.
Re: cartalk by 3ace(m): 9:44pm On Aug 09, 2014

(1) (Reply)

A Man Should Not Be Caught Driving These Cars / 2006-2010 ML 350 OR 2008-2010 MDX / Fuel Gauge Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.