Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

Check Your Gadgets Before You Buy. Don't be a victim. - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Check Your Gadgets Before You Buy. Don't be a victim. (1778 Views)

If You've Used Any Of These Gadgets Before, You Maybe Older Than You Think!! / Swap And Sell Your Gadgets Here LAUTECH Ogbomoso / FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Your Gadgets Before You Buy. Don't be a victim. by Redstone(m): 8:26pm On Jul 28, 2014
Hello everyone,

If you have read about www.fortereg.com and you have not signed up yet, please let us know what you think about this initiative and also why you have not signed up. We'll see how we can address your concern.

Please send your questions and inquiries to helpdesk@fortereg.com

Waiting to hear from you.

Team ForteReg.

Re: Check Your Gadgets Before You Buy. Don't be a victim. by Redstone(m): 8:40pm On Jul 28, 2014
try
Re: Check Your Gadgets Before You Buy. Don't be a victim. by Redstone(m): 8:52pm On Jul 28, 2014
Register your gadgets, tablets, laptops NOW.
Re: Check Your Gadgets Before You Buy. Don't be a victim. by Redstone(m): 5:49pm On Jul 29, 2014
over 150 people just registered today. What are you waiting for?

Don't lose your stuffs carelessly.

Re: Check Your Gadgets Before You Buy. Don't be a victim. by Redstone(m): 2:06pm On Jul 30, 2014
Have you just lost your gadget and you have a fortereg account

Send us details of your gadget and we will broadcast info via emails and sms to alert everyone about your missing stuff, may be able to recover it sooner than you think.

Send details to helpdesk@fortereg.com or send BB PIN to 79E04794.

Team ForteReg.com
Re: Check Your Gadgets Before You Buy. Don't be a victim. by Redstone(m): 5:49pm On Jul 30, 2014
just read this on nairaland.

The more reason why you should get on board, create your account today on www.fortereg.com

Add your gadget information and keep safe. If anyone steals your gadget or stuff, he or she will never be able to resell it at least in Nigeria.

If the guy was registered and had warehouse his gadget information, FortReg would have helped is circulating information about his stolen stuffs.

Join the team now, lets build a theft free society. Start today.

[www.fortereg.com]Read more[/www.fortereg.com]

Re: Check Your Gadgets Before You Buy. Don't be a victim. by Redstone(m): 9:55pm On Jul 30, 2014
If you have any questions, please read our FAQs. Or you could send a mail to helpdesk@fortereg.com

Don't lose your gadget before you start looking for it, create an account and register your gadgets in your profile. No one has access to your gadgets, unless you give out the serial number or IMEI.

If you by any chance lose your gadget, you simply update your status and everyone in the world could see that your gadget is lost and will look out for it. Somehow by chance you could recover it.

Cheers as you come on board.
Re: Check Your Gadgets Before You Buy. Don't be a victim. by Redstone(m): 10:42am On Jul 31, 2014
Don't lose your gadget before you start looking for it, create an account and register your gadgets in your profile. No one has access to your gadgets, unless you give out the serial number or IMEI. Register your gadgets at www.fortereg.com
Re: Check Your Gadgets Before You Buy. Don't be a victim. by Redstone(m): 10:55am On Jul 31, 2014
ForteReg.com is opening a 1 hours window for new registrants. For any one who fully registers between the hours of 12PM and 1PM today, they all get free recharge cards on their phones..

To qualify for this, you must register between this time belt (12PM & 1PM), not earlier than 12PM and not later than 1PM

So bookmark this and take note.

See you online.

Team ForteReg.
Re: Check Your Gadgets Before You Buy. Don't be a victim. by Redstone(m): 11:36am On Jul 31, 2014
25 minutes more.
Re: Check Your Gadgets Before You Buy. Don't be a victim. by Redstone(m): 12:20pm On Jul 31, 2014
It has started, its 12:19PM now, 41 minutes to go. get online now and register to get your free recharge card. www.fortereg.com
Re: Check Your Gadgets Before You Buy. Don't be a victim. by Redstone(m): 9:22pm On Jul 31, 2014
Redstone: ForteReg.com is opening a 1 hours window for new registrants. For any one who fully registers between the hours of 12PM and 1PM today, they all get free recharge cards on their phones..

To qualify for this, you must register between this time belt (12PM & 1PM), not earlier than 12PM and not later than 1PM

So bookmark this and take note.

See you online.

Team ForteReg.

Wow, only 2 persons created an account and registered their gadgets. Guys what are you waiting for? Are you waiting for your gadget to be stolen before you take action.

Well, the choice remains your, but the drive is to create a theft free society. It is not a bad idea is you support it by signing on.

Same time tomorrow, all persons who register from the hours of 12PM to 1PM gets recharge cards sent to their phone.

Cheers people.

Team ForteReg.
Re: Check Your Gadgets Before You Buy. Don't be a victim. by Redstone(m): 9:34pm On Jul 31, 2014
The Reward window is open between 9PM and 12AM tonight, all those who will register and add their gadgets will receive recharge cards sent to their email address.

Don't be left out, people are coming on board. Support a Theft free society.

Go now to www.fortereg.com, create your account and start adding your gadgets.

If you need any help, please send a mail to helpdesk@fortereg.com

Cheers.

Team ForteReg.
Re: Check Your Gadgets Before You Buy. Don't be a victim. by Redstone(m): 9:54pm On Jul 31, 2014
now open until 12AM
Re: Check Your Gadgets Before You Buy. Don't be a victim. by babestella: 12:04am On Aug 01, 2014
I have registered. What next? I love your initiative.
Re: Check Your Gadgets Before You Buy. Don't be a victim. by Redstone(m): 12:19am On Aug 01, 2014
babestella: I have registered. What next? I love your initiative.

Thanks for coming on board. Please check your email for your recharge card pin. Lets know if you have any problems. Please you have not added your gadget information. Add it now, all your gadgets, phone, tablets laptops etc. It doesn't cost you anything it's free of charge, it only protects it from being stolen. Thanks for coming on board, soon we will not have to worry about our gadgets again.

You can always get your friends to register any time any day.

Cheers.
Re: Check Your Gadgets Before You Buy. Don't be a victim. by Redstone(m): 10:08am On Aug 01, 2014
Thank God it's Friday, ForteReg is celebrating a new month today. Those who register today will be rewarded with recharge cards. Don't be left out. Join the drive to keep our gadgets safe from theft. Come on board, www.fortereg.com, just a click away.
Re: Check Your Gadgets Before You Buy. Don't be a victim. by Redstone(m): 10:33am On Aug 01, 2014
Quick one, if you have just lost your gadget, send us the details via our website contact form, and we will announce it to Nigerians. The person who stole it may not the able to resell it. That is the idea behind www.fortereg.com

TGIF.
Re: Check Your Gadgets Before You Buy. Don't be a victim. by Redstone(m): 4:38pm On Aug 01, 2014
are you on board now? if NO, then you are risking your gadgets, it could be stolen today or anytime and all you have is empty prospects of recovering it. Fortereg is all about stopping anyone who might want to steal you gadget and resell to make money. If you don't sign up, how do we stop the menace. Come on board today and support the drive to keep our gadgets safe.

Team fortereg.com
Re: Check Your Gadgets Before You Buy. Don't be a victim. by Redstone(m): 4:52pm On Aug 01, 2014
If you just bought a brand new gadget, log on to www.fortereg.com create an account and safely add the information of your gadget (Serial number, IMEI number) on our database. Remember to also keep your purchase receipts properly. You can also scan and upload it to our database.

What will fortereg do when your gadget is stolen? ForteReg will send messages (email and SMS) to more than a million people in Lagos letting them know that you have lost your gadget and should avoid buying it from anyone who presents it to them. We also encourage anyone who finds it to return it to our address for delivery to you.

It's simple, but before we cannot do it alone, we need you to sign on, and also share this information with friends and family, when we have built this network to share information, our gadgets will be as safe as we can imagine.

So come on board, log on to www.fortereg.com It is free of charge, no one is asking you for money now and in future. It's a noble drive to keep our gadgets safe out there.

Cheers.

Team ForteReg.
Re: Check Your Gadgets Before You Buy. Don't be a victim. by Redstone(m): 4:59pm On Aug 01, 2014
Frequently Asked Questions. (FAQs)

1. How do I register my gadgets and stuffs?
Only registered members can add their stuffs on ForteReg.com
So the first step is to get registered and become a member. When you have registered, a verification email is sent to your email address, you are required to verify your email address by clicking on the link provided in the mail, and you are done. You can then log in to your profile page, click on add Asset, and add your gadgets and information.

In case of mobile phones, laptops, Mac books and tablets, the serial number and the IMEI number is what you need to registered gadgets.
For cars, trucks and bikes, the information needed are the vehicle registration number, engine number and chassis number.
If you are registering other items other than the above mentioned, please be sure to provide proper information as required.
On asset Status, you are required to indicate one of the following:

1. Asset still in Use by me.
2. Asset has just been stolen.
3. Asset is sold.
When you are done, then click on save and you are done.

2. What information do you need to add your asset/stuffs.

To registered your stuffs or asset on fortereg.com, you need information like the Serial number, IMEI number, MAC and ESN number in case of mobile phones (GSM & CDMA), for vehicle and parts, you need the vehicle registration number, Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), Engine number and color, part number and serial number for vehicular parts like Electronic Control Module (ECM) a.k.a Brain-box etc.

3. Does this service serve as an insurance scheme or cover for my registered items.

This service does not serve as an insurance cover for your registered items. You are advised to always keep your items safe and secured so as not to misplace it or have it stolen.

4. What happens when my registered gadget is stolen?

When you lose your item or stuff, you are advised to quickly log in to your ForteReg account, click on “view Assets” “click on Edit” and then update your status. You also click on “Report Asset” and send a report and then submit. This will highlight the Report at the home page so that everyone could see the new status of your stuff. Be sure to include the asset serial number or IMEI numbers and a contact mobile phone number where you can easily be reached.

5. Do I need to pay any fee for registration and for this service?

This service is absolutely free of charge. You are not required to pay any fee to use the service. Please do not pay money to any agent for registration purposes. You are to sign on free of charge.

6. Will Fortereg.com pay me any amount of money when I lose my already registered gadget/items.
ForteReg.com does not pay any form of fee either in form of compensation. We do not take any responsibility for lost gadgets.

7. What does FortReg.com do to help me recover my lost item.

ForteReg.com is a global platform. What we do is to do electronic broadcast of your lost stuffs via email, and newsletters notifying other registered members and the general public of the loss of such item/gadget.

8. How secured is my gadget information and will it be made public?

The information about you and the content of your account is strictly confidential. NO one can view your information online. For anyone to view your status, he or she must have the serial number of one of your gadget/item in order to view the asset status only. In other words, you have to give someone your correct gadget serial number before he or she can view the status (ONLY) online. So if you lost your gadget e.g a tablet, anyone who finds it has to search the status of the tablet on fortereg.com using the serial number. Once the serial number is inputted, it gives you the asset status which highlights details of the asset and your contact information of the owner.
Your personal information is perfectly secure as the site is secured with advanced security features within the industry.

9. Can I use one ForteReg account for all my gadgets?

Yes you can use one fortereg account for all your gadgets and also for the family.

10. Do I need to present my receipts when registering?

You do not need to present or send us your asset receipt, but we strongly advise that you get a secured file where you could file all receipt relating to your items, home electronic, phones, tablets, laptops, computers etc. It is always good to keep records, isn’t it?

11. When my lost asset is recovered, how do I get it back?

When your lost asset is recovered, ForteReg.com is notified by whoever finds the item, we in turn notify you via sms and email. You can also be notified directly by the person who found it. In order words, you can meet personally with the person who found it or you could direct it’s delivery to our office address.

12. Do I need to pay money when my stuffs is lost and found and returned to me?

You do not need and would not have to pay any fee for items returned. However, if you had set a Return reward prize (which is optional), then the terms and conditions apply. (Please read up our Terms and Condition regards Lost but found reward prizes.)

13. What if I sold my gadget or stuff to a second party?

If you sell your registered gadget to a second party, you are required to also make changes to your Asset status indicating that you have sold the gadget to a second party. You could also delete the Asset information from your Asset profile.

14. Security Tips.

Security Tips:

a). Always ensure you demand and collect proper receipt for items purchased either from a shop or from an individual.
b). Always ensure you file a safe file where your receipts are securely and properly kept for record purposes.
c). When adding your asset/gadget information and do not want to reveal all serial/IMEI/Chassis/Engine numbers, you can use the last 6 – 8 digits of the numbers, or first 4 digits and last 4 digits of the numbers.
d). Adding of picture is optional, but a working telephone number is very important. You can be contacted at the number when someone finds your missing item.

15. What do I need to do in Reporting a lost gadget?
When reporting a lost gadget, be sure to give detailed description of the said gadget including serial number, color and IMEI numbers and finally your contact telephone numbers.

16. Is attaching of gadget picture & Receipt compulsory?
Attaching the picture of your stuff and its receipt is important, but optional. However, it is advised that you keep records of your receipts for future references.

17. I entered Alphabets in the serial number box, but it did not accept it, what do I do?
The serial number box is case sensitive, if you enter “alphabets” and it did not take it, it is advised that you write details of your asset in the status bar highlighting the said SERIAL NUMBER.

18. When I sell my asset/gadget, do I delete my asset/gadget information from my profile?

If you sold your gadget/asset to a second party, It is important that you have the asset/gadget details deleted.

19. When my found Asset/gadget is returned to me, do I have to inform the Police?
You can do so if you had previously reported to the Police about the loss of your asset/gadget.

20. I am a dealer in brand new Mobile phones and tabs, do I need to register my stock before sales?

Yes, you can register your stock before sales, it serves as a deterrent to those who might want to break and loot your store, but it is important that you delete details of any sold item after sales.

Keep your gadgets safe, sign on today.
Re: Check Your Gadgets Before You Buy. Don't be a victim. by Redstone(m): 10:35pm On Aug 01, 2014
If you just bought a brand new gadget, log on to www.fortereg.com create an account and safely add the information of your gadget (Serial number, IMEI number) on our database. Remember to also keep your purchase receipts properly. You can also scan and upload it to our database.

What will fortereg do when your gadget is stolen? ForteReg will send messages (email and SMS) to more than a million people in Lagos letting them know that you have lost your gadget and should avoid buying it from anyone who presents it to them. We also encourage anyone who finds it to return it to our address for delivery to you.

It's simple, but before we cannot do it alone, we need you to sign on, and also share this information with friends and family, when we have built this network to share information, our gadgets will be as safe as we can imagine.

So come on board, log on to www.fortereg.com It is free of charge, no one is asking you for money now and in future. It's a noble drive to keep our gadgets safe out there.

Cheers.

Team ForteReg.
Re: Check Your Gadgets Before You Buy. Don't be a victim. by Redstone(m): 11:01pm On Aug 01, 2014
Thank God it's Friday, ForteReg is celebrating a new month today. Those who register today will be rewarded with Recharge cards. Don't be left out, don't doubt it. Join the drive to keep our gadgets safe from theft. Come on board, www.fortereg.com, just a click away.
Re: Check Your Gadgets Before You Buy. Don't be a victim. by babestella: 11:35pm On Aug 01, 2014
Redstone:

Thanks for coming on board. Please check your email for your recharge card pin. Lets know if you have any problems. Please you have not added your gadget information. Add it now, all your gadgets, phone, tablets laptops etc. It doesn't cost you anything it's free of charge, it only protects it from being stolen. Thanks for coming on board, soon we will not have to worry about our gadgets again.

You can always get your friends to register any time any day.

Cheers.

Thanks for the recharge card. I appreciate
Re: Check Your Gadgets Before You Buy. Don't be a victim. by Redstone(m): 10:55am On Aug 02, 2014
Good morning people, ForteReg is still celebrating a new month today. Those who register today will be rewarded with Recharge cards. Don't be left out, don't doubt it. Join the drive to keep our gadgets safe from theft. Come on board, www.fortereg.com, is just a click away.
Re: Check Your Gadgets Before You Buy. Don't be a victim. by techlegs: 11:13am On Aug 02, 2014
I'm checking out the site now. Will registers now. when do I get the recharge card?
Re: Check Your Gadgets Before You Buy. Don't be a victim. by Redstone(m): 11:17am On Aug 02, 2014
Have you registered and you already have your membership PIN number, OK, refer 20 persons and get recharge card worth N2,000 naira. Let's make it happen, help keep our gadgets free from Theft. Join fortereg.com now.

Once your referrals registers and add their gadgets, you get airtime worth N2000 naira

Team ForteReg.
Re: Check Your Gadgets Before You Buy. Don't be a victim. by techlegs: 1:15pm On Aug 02, 2014
I'm in now, just added my Blackberry Bold 6.
Re: Check Your Gadgets Before You Buy. Don't be a victim. by Redstone(m): 1:20pm On Aug 02, 2014
techlegs: I'm in now, just added my Blackberry Bold 6.

Thanks techlegs, please send your membership PIN to info@fortereg.com

We will send your recharge card once we receive your membership PIN number via email.

Remember to refer 20 people and get 2000 worth of airtime.

Cheers, and thanks for supporting this initiative to make our gadgets theft free.
Re: Check Your Gadgets Before You Buy. Don't be a victim. by Redstone(m): 1:26pm On Aug 02, 2014
Re: Check Your Gadgets Before You Buy. Don't be a victim. by Redstone(m): 9:45pm On Aug 02, 2014
Here we go, www.fortereg.com

Secure your gadgets today and keep it safe from theft. Join now
Re: Check Your Gadgets Before You Buy. Don't be a victim. by Redstone(m): 9:33pm On Aug 03, 2014
Good evening Nigerians

(1) (2) (Reply)

Original Ps3 Cd For 3,000 / Almost New SONY Home Theater System For Sale!!! / Sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.