Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,883 members, 7,810,389 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

Problem With Gigalayer: I Need Help - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Problem With Gigalayer: I Need Help (1656 Views)

PAGA And GIGALAYER Hosting Trying To Rip Me Off?? / Is There Anybody Hosting With Gigalayer? / Syskay Is Down? Gigalayer Gives You N500 Domains & 6month Free Hosting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problem With Gigalayer: I Need Help by Godwinsilas(m): 8:27pm On Jul 29, 2014
I paid for hosting plan with Gigalayer since on the 11 of last month, i installed my script it was not coming up all you just see is white page, i went for free hosting install the same script it was working fine. I have made alot of complain but no solution.
Right now my site is down because of free hosting and am planning to use foreign host, what should i do?
Re: Problem With Gigalayer: I Need Help by ringohostdotcom: 8:59pm On Jul 29, 2014
There are many things, first one is memory limit in php.ini may be too low

@op try using www.yoursite.com and if it work then is a little .htacces pro
Re: Problem With Gigalayer: I Need Help by ringohostdotcom: 9:18pm On Jul 29, 2014
Or if you want pm your cpanel details to fix it for you
Re: Problem With Gigalayer: I Need Help by Godwinsilas(m): 9:24pm On Jul 29, 2014
But the same script was working on free host.
Re: Problem With Gigalayer: I Need Help by ringohostdotcom: 9:34pm On Jul 29, 2014
Or try checking the error_log it may have more info.

Wise i can have the cpanels details will fix it for you.

Godwinsilas: But the same script was working on free host.
Re: Problem With Gigalayer: I Need Help by WebHostingPal: 2:42am On Jul 30, 2014
Godwinsilas: I paid for hosting plan with Gigalayer since on the 11 of last month, i installed my script it was not coming up all you just see is white page, i went for free hosting install the same script it was working fine. I have made alot of complain but no solution.
Right now my site is down because of free hosting and am planning to use foreign host, what should i do?

I can understand your frustration, don't go to foreign host. Host here in Nigeria, try HostNigeria! the fastest growing Nigeria web hosting company. The only Nigeria web host with monthly payment plans from 165 Naira, this allows you to test the service. We have a few people in here hosted by HostNigeria! without complaints, they can testify to the quality of the services.

With the fastest response time for technical support throughout the country, make no mistake, HostNigeria is raising the web hosting standards in Nigeria. 4 Highly skilled staff with International experience, 18 years of experience combined and 2 interns. We are truly the most qualified web hosting company in Nigeria.

If you want to be a part of a progressive company, then I will suggest that you try us out today, after all, what have you got to loose trying out a service you never used before ?
Re: Problem With Gigalayer: I Need Help by rflexii(m): 5:09am On Jul 30, 2014
I bet you foreign host are not better, you'll just end up getting frustrated with limited support and the final mail you'll receive will include a reason why they can't help because you're in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Problem With Gigalayer: I Need Help by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 30, 2014
You all never cease to amaze me

ringohostdotcom:
pm your cpanel details to fix it for you
He has a problem with Gigalayer, are you a gigalayer staff? That you request his cPanel details? It might be a Server Issue or Server Related stuff, so why should he give you his details? What you will do, cant you just tell him so he can do it himself?

WebHostingPal:
Host here in Nigeria, try HostNigeria!
All your stories always wind up in advertising your host. Asking him to leave his web host(Gigalayer) to your own is unprofessional. You are to provide solution to his problem by providing recommendations and Do-it-yourself Checks, that he can try out. Not telling him to go to your own host. What makes your own so different? You might even be a reseller. We are not so sure.

As for the OP, seeing a White Page could be PHP Related, make sure you have error_reporting(); enabled so as to see what error it is because PHP inserts a die(); after errors, so when error_reporting is disabled, it would be a blank page.
Re: Problem With Gigalayer: I Need Help by WebHostingPal: 1:43pm On Jul 30, 2014
coolsix: You all never cease to amaze me...

Hello buddy, first adverts are meant to be made and second, customer's satisfaction is paramount.

You need to understand that there are very few good web hosting companies in Nigeria. Not name dropping or dissing any one, a lot of Nigeria web hosts don't have the necessary technical capability to deal with issues first hand so when problems beyond their control arise they completely ignore their customers requests for resolution and as a result badly letting the customers down, driving local customers to foreign hosts. Mind you, "Foreign Hosts Don't Pay Taxes Here in Nigeria"

Talking of foreign hosts, not blowing own trumpet, I feel it's necessary to let you know that I have worked for two popular web hosting companies abroad and I'm a qualified system administrator, so I'm not jumping on the bandwagon here.

Foreign web hosts don't trust Africans when it comes to web hosting and other things, I know this for sure, have you ever wondered why so many websites in Nigeria got shut down ? or why fellow naijas have to verify accounts when you host abroad, I can give you tons of stories on that one.

So my campaign is to let anyone that cares about web hosting in Nigeria know that they can now host in Nigeria with the International standard they've been craving for.

We pay tax and we are contributing to the Nigeria economy, knowing what very few of us know, why would I suggest a fellow citizen to go host abroad when they can get what they need here, or do you think we are less professional because we are Nigerians ?

1 Like

Re: Problem With Gigalayer: I Need Help by ringohostdotcom: 10:09am On Jul 31, 2014
@coolsix if you read my post well i never try telling him to move to my host. But i try to give him solutions which this kind of problem has many reasons why it happen so if i need his cpanel details is just to fix it for him and then he move on. (better still he change his passsword latter).

coolsix please ...

coolsix: You all never cease to amaze me

He has a problem with Gigalayer, are you a gigalayer staff? That you request his cPanel details? It might be a Server Issue or Server Related stuff, so why should he give you his details? What you will do, cant you just tell him so he can do it himself?

All your stories always wind up in advertising your host. Asking him to leave his web host(Gigalayer) to your own is unprofessional. You are to provide solution to his problem by providing recommendations and Do-it-yourself Checks, that he can try out. Not telling him to go to your own host. What makes your own so different? You might even be a reseller. We are not so sure.

As for the OP, seeing a White Page could be PHP Related, make sure you have error_reporting(); enabled so as to see what error it is because PHP inserts a die(); after errors, so when error_reporting is disabled, it would be a blank page.
Re: Problem With Gigalayer: I Need Help by DualCore1: 4:56pm On Jul 31, 2014
Godwinsilas: I paid for hosting plan with Gigalayer since on the 11 of last month, i installed my script it was not coming up all you just see is white page, i went for free hosting install the same script it was working fine. I have made alot of complain but no solution.

The part in bold is not clear. I do not believe you have contacted Gigalayer and they have told you there isn't a solution. So the question is, have you contacted them? What was their response. You may want to consider providing transcripts of all the communication you have had with them regarding this issue.

Do not be amazed that the same script works well on your free host. It doesn't mean Gigalayer has a problem. They are running on different server configurations.

On to the other matter of sharing your cPanel details, do so at your own risk. Some people are willing to help but as usual with cPanel there are many fixes to a problem and some of these fixes won't really fix things so it requires a trial by error approach. It would be too much stress for anyone who wants to help you to tell you to "try this....try that" so they just ask for the cPanel details so they can try to fix things the cPanel way, "automagically".

That said, there's not much a person can do with the cPanel candy. Personally I don't offer to help fix any linux related issue for anyone if they cannot provide root access to the box. It takes some trust to hand over that kind of data to someone you don't know.
Re: Problem With Gigalayer: I Need Help by remmyz(m): 5:31am On Aug 01, 2014
WebHostingPal:

Hello buddy, first adverts are meant to be made and second, customer's satisfaction is paramount.

You need to understand that there are very few good web hosting companies in Nigeria. Not name dropping or dissing any one, a lot of Nigeria web hosts don't have the necessary technical capability to deal with issues first hand so when problems beyond their control arise they completely ignore their customers requests for resolution and as a result badly letting the customers down, driving local customers to foreign hosts. Mind you, "Foreign Hosts Don't Pay Taxes Here in Nigeria"

Talking of foreign hosts, not blowing own trumpet, I feel it's necessary to let you know that I have worked for two popular web hosting companies abroad and I'm a qualified system administrator, so I'm not jumping on the bandwagon here.

Foreign web hosts don't trust Africans when it comes to web hosting and other things, I know this for sure, have you ever wondered why so many websites in Nigeria got shut down ? or why fellow naijas have to verify accounts when you host abroad, I can give you tons of stories on that one.

So my campaign is to let anyone that cares about web hosting in Nigeria know that they can now host in Nigeria with the International standard they've been craving for.

We pay tax and we are contributing to the Nigeria economy, knowing what very few of us know, why would I suggest a fellow citizen to go host abroad when they can get what they need here, or do you think we are less professional because we are Nigerians ?

Trash. Trash. Trash.
Re: Problem With Gigalayer: I Need Help by WebHostingPal: 11:32am On Aug 01, 2014
remmyz:

Trash. Trash. Trash.

Gutted, it would have been productive if you pointed out what you mean by thrash!
Re: Problem With Gigalayer: I Need Help by rufaai(m): 1:16pm On Aug 01, 2014
Hello Godwin (@Godwinsilas),

I am from GigaLayer and this is sad to see you posting on a forum for help. Our tech support are ever ready to assist you, please resume your conversation with the support desk if you already have a ticket.... Reading from your post here, it seems the challenge might be a little misconfiguration a long the way, and if you see a blank page possibly you have error reporting off.

Like @Coolsix already suggested, you can use error_reporting(1) at the top of your php file to enable errors on your page and look at you error_log file to see what was wrong. Also if you have a working version of your scripts hosted online, we can migrate it for you at no cost. Simply ask our tech-support to do that!

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly; ahmad @ gigalayer.com. Accept my sincere apology for any inconveniences caused, let us see how we can solve your challenge for you by talking to our tech support. Thank you wink

PSS: Thank you to the rest of the respondents for assisting him. More so to @DualCore1.
Re: Problem With Gigalayer: I Need Help by ringohostdotcom: 10:07am On Aug 02, 2014
thanks for dropping by.. @op please do as he said.. #PEACE

rufaai: Hello Godwin (@Godwinsilas),

I am from GigaLayer and this is sad to see you posting on a forum for help. Our tech support are ever ready to assist you, please resume your conversation with the support desk if you already have a ticket.... Reading from your post here, it seems the challenge might be a little misconfiguration a long the way, and if you see a blank page possibly you have error reporting off.

Like @Coolsix already suggested, you can use error_reporting(1) at the top of your php file to enable errors on your page and look at you error_log file to see what was wrong. Also if you have a working version of your scripts hosted online, we can migrate it for you at no cost. Simply ask our tech-support to do that!

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly; ahmad @ gigalayer.com. Accept my sincere apology for any inconveniences caused, let us see how we can solve your challenge for you by talking to our tech support. Thank you wink

PSS: Thank you to the rest of the respondents for assisting him. More so to @DualCore1.
Re: Problem With Gigalayer: I Need Help by Godwinsilas(m): 12:30pm On Dec 19, 2014
@DualCore1
@rufaai

If then my script is outdated how come it is still working uptil now?

Check below.

#PR613 - My site is not working

Godwin Silas Client
Posted on: 25/06/2014 11:21
After uploading my script to my server my site is still showing blank since on the 19 till now i have tried detecting the error but no error from my script.
I just use another server and is up and running now ( www.leapfame.fulba.com ). Please what is the problem?
Your number is not going i need to talk to you please.
Time is running please i need your help urgently.

GigaLayer Support Staff
Posted on: 25/06/2014 12:12
Hello Godwin,
We are trying to find out the reason for issue with leapfame.com . We are checking the logs. We will get back to you soon. Regards,
Alena
Level One
GigaLayer Support.

Godwin Silas Client
Posted on: 25/06/2014 20:16 Please what is the status of my ticket?
Any progress?

GigaLayer Support Staff
Posted on: 25/06/2014 21:36
Hello Godwin, Sorry for the delay. We have been investigating the issue for a long time. We were unable to find any logs related to your issue. We have also trying enabling display_errors by uploading a custom php.ini. However we couldn't find any details. We can see that you are using some custom script for your site. We created a test 'php' page on your site and could see that it was loading fine. We hope the problem with the script that you tried to install. Please do ensure that the file path is correct. Could you please check with your developer to see if they have any suggestions or if any server parameters or modules needed to be enabled to fix the issue? Please excuse the delay as it caused for detailed checking. If there is any further assistance please feel free to contact us. Regards,
Alena.
Level One
GigaLayer Support.

Godwin Silas Client
Posted on: 26/06/2014 11:18
I dont understand, i have just install the same script on another server this morning and is working fine now.
CheCk it out ( www.leapfame.com )

Ahmad Mukoshy Staff
Posted on: 26/06/2014 14:39
Hello Godwin, I can see the domain is pointing outside GigaLayer, thus I am not able to troubleshoot the error. Please advice if you have detected what the challenge is when you hosted with us and what you resolved to
work with now. Thank you.
Kind regards,
Ahmad

Godwin Silas Client
Posted on: 26/06/2014 16:21 I redirect my domain because i'm running out of time, and now you can see nothing is wrong with my script.
What am expecting from you now is "DEAR GODWIN YOUR ERROR HAS BEEN FIXED" then i can redirect my domain to Gigalayer.
If you cannot solve or host my site please do let me know, so i will move on to another host.
Am currently using a free host now and is working fine without any error, so why will my paid host not working?
Please i need a positive result.

Ahmad Mukoshy Staff
Posted on: 26/06/2014 22:33
Hello Godwin, As much as we would love to assist you, only you or your code vendor can best address this. Your script is not something that we built, thus we can only assist to look ito the cause of the challenge. If you point your domain back to ns1.gigalayer.com / ns2.gigalayer.com; I could take a look at it in that regard. Let me know:
1) what scripts or application you are using and
2) it's server minimum requirements. At the moment, I have moved your php.ini/.htaccess files to .txt backup at this could also cause the scripts to malfunction if any config is not set correctly. I also did look at your error codes and what I found is this:
"Privacy not reveal by Me(Godwinsilas)"
Thank you.
Kind regards,
Ahmad

Godwin Silas Client
Posted on: 27/06/2014 13:58
I have told you before my script is working fine, am using the same script i installed on your server that is not working on my current server now and is working fine no error. You just have to work on your server.
By redirecting my domain to site that is not working
now will make me loose visitors, just for error checking and you can't even tell me how many days it will take you to check and fix the error.
Re: Problem With Gigalayer: I Need Help by Godwinsilas(m): 12:32pm On Dec 19, 2014
Ahmad Mukoshy Staff
Posted on: 28/06/2014 10:16
Hello Godwin, We would love to assist you, but remember we didn't build the scripts you are running thus we cannot know from the blue what requirements it needs to run smoothly. I asked for the details below and if possible the vendor of the script so we can check things for you. Then with the error I see from your logs, it seem your mysql connection password is not set properly
=====================================
PHP Warning: mysql_select_db(): Access denied for user 'leapfame'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/leapfame/public_html/timezone.php on line 5
=====================================
Let me know the following:
1) what scripts or application you are using and
2) it's server minimum requirements. If you are already running a cPanel account with this scripts, you can leverage our expert site migration service. You need to be logged in to your billing account and this go to https:// gigalayer.com/request-transfer to initiate a request. We will transfer the site as it is from your old host. Possibly you didn't put in the configurations properly on your account with us, just like I see in the above error.
Kind regards,
Ahmad

Godwin Silas Client
Posted on: 28/06/2014 18:33 I want to thank you for this reply atleast for pointing out an error.
1. My script is PHP4.3
2. Apache/Linux 20gb

GigaLayer Support Staff
Posted on: 28/06/2014 19:06
Hello Godwin, Thank you for the update. I am forwarding your update to our senior admin. Please hold on for the updates. Thanks and Regards,
Steve
Level One
GigaLayer Support.

Ahmad Mukoshy Staff
Posted on: 08/08/2014 09:18
Hello Godwin, I will advice you update your scripts or application to the latest release since PHP 4 is already deprecated and has received it's end of life by the php community. You can learn more here: http:// php.net/eol.php. If you continue to use these end- of-life version of softwares, your security can be breached and thus you need to use them at your own discretion. Our Shared Servers are running on Apache 2.2/PHP 5.4/MySQL 5 which are the current stable release of these applications. However, if you wish to have an previous version configuration you will will have to purchase a virtual server where you can have custom setup and flexible settings.
I hope this is helpful. Please advice.
Kind regards,
Ahmad GigaLayer
Re: Problem With Gigalayer: I Need Help by Binadiegha: 6:06pm On Oct 06, 2019
Check your php version... take it to php 5. From your cpanel settings

(1) (Reply)

Who Knows About Template Monster / Join A New Forum Like Nairaland / The Most Designed Wapkiz Site In Nigeria; Desktop Version

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.