Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Honda Accord 2001/2002 V6 Fuel Consumption Issues - Please Advice - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Honda Accord 2001/2002 V6 Fuel Consumption Issues - Please Advice (3159 Views)

Clean Reg Honda Accord 2001 (baby Boy) Manual transmission N370k / Newly Arrived Honda Accord 2002 V6 Full Option Hurry / Toyota Highlander 2002 V6 4x4 Limited Edition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Accord 2001/2002 V6 Fuel Consumption Issues - Please Advice by tidymaster(m): 11:28pm On Jul 29, 2014
Hello House, please I need your opinion on the Fuel Consumption of my car.
I drive a Honda accord 2002 model (baby boy) V6 engine. Got it recently, my first car. I spend 6500 naira every week to fuel the car and considering the milage I travel, I am beginning to think the car gulps fuel (apart from the fact that it is V6). I stay at Egbeda and my office is at Opebi, face traffic going to work and back home. my average milage in a week is between 150 - 200 miles. Last week....I took time to observe.
Last Tuesday I filled the tank with 67 Litres of fuel (6500) and by this evening tank was empty (filled with 6500 again). between last Tuesday and this Tuesday, I covered 151 miles and my engine was on for a cumulative time period of 20 hours 24 minutes with my AC on.
What do you think?
Re: Honda Accord 2001/2002 V6 Fuel Consumption Issues - Please Advice by Emekayoung(m): 12:01am On Jul 30, 2014
tidymaster: Hello House, please I need your opinion on the Fuel Consumption of my car.
I drive a Honda accord 2002 model (baby boy) V6 engine. Got it recently, my first car. I spend 6500 naira every week to fuel the car and considering the milage I travel, I am beginning to think the car gulps fuel (apart from the fact that it is V6). I stay at Egbeda and my office is at Opebi, face traffic going to work and back home. my average milage in a week is between 150 - 200 miles. Last week....I took time to observe.
Last Tuesday I filled the tank with 67 Litres of fuel (6500) and by this evening tank was empty (filled with 6500 again). between last Tuesday and this Tuesday, I covered 151 miles and my engine was on for a cumulative time period of 20 hours 24 minutes with my AC on.
What do you think?
Wat are u saying,thats an average fuel consumption for car wit a v6 engine. Your car has no issues wit fuel consumption because u drive ur car wit the AC on,but if u wnt to reduce d consumption of fuel u can switch off d AC while in traffic gridlock cool
Re: Honda Accord 2001/2002 V6 Fuel Consumption Issues - Please Advice by Nobody: 1:03am On Jul 30, 2014
Ur car is 1 of d best if nt d best I hv seen 4 a V6 engine,65litres 4 150miles nd u ar complainingLet's switch with my camry 2000 4 a week nd see d difference
Re: Honda Accord 2001/2002 V6 Fuel Consumption Issues - Please Advice by tidymaster(m): 5:25am On Jul 30, 2014
edozie04: Ur car is 1 of d best if nt d best I hv seen 4 a V6 engine,65litres 4 150miles nd u ar complainingLet's switch with my camry 2000 4 a week nd see d difference
smiley thanks Edozie. I guess I worry too much. will probably take you up on the switch offer someday smiley Lol. thanks bro.
Re: Honda Accord 2001/2002 V6 Fuel Consumption Issues - Please Advice by tidymaster(m): 5:28am On Jul 30, 2014
Emekayoung:
Wat are u saying,thats an average fuel consumption for car wit a v6 engine. Your car has no issues wit fuel consumption because u drive ur car wit the AC on,but if u wnt to reduce d consumption of fuel u can switch off d AC while in traffic gridlock cool
thanks Mekus. don't mind my ignorance jor. will use the 'Ac off in traffic'.
Re: Honda Accord 2001/2002 V6 Fuel Consumption Issues - Please Advice by MOBBDEEP: 6:27am On Jul 30, 2014
Too funny to imagine the OP is actually listening to the previous comments.
For one, you are on the wrong thread.
Go to " Car Talk".
Your case will be well addressed by more knowledgeable people.
Your car is truly consuming fuel.
Even if na V20, nothing should make a normal 2002 Accord not register 280-300 miles ( ~450 kms) with 65 litres except something went amiss.

The additional fuel the AC use consumes in a normal car should be quite minimal & even insignificant overall especially on a highway.
It's even been theorized that a fully wound-up car with AC consumes LESS fuel than that with door glasses does but no AC. No thanks to the dragging effect/drag-coefficient.

Quick questions :
*Has the car always been like this, when did you buy it, and when did you notice the onset of the problem?
*Do you buy the fuel at same fuel station & are you sure of their fuel-pump meter?
*What is your regular servicing & maintenance habit like?
*What type of oil do you use? Synthetic or Regular?
*Have you changed the spark plugs or you are still using the "follow-come".
*Have you tried to scan the car.
*What about the Catalytic Converter? Dem don remove am?

Over all, go to Car Talk Section.
You will get more answers.
Re: Honda Accord 2001/2002 V6 Fuel Consumption Issues - Please Advice by tidymaster(m): 7:33am On Jul 30, 2014
MOBBDEEP: Too funny to imagine the OP is actually listening to the previous comments.
For one, you are on the wrong thread.
Go to " Car Talk".
Your case will be well addressed by more knowledgeable people.
Your car is truly consuming fuel.
Even if na V20, nothing should make a normal 2002 Accord not register 280-300 miles ( ~450 kms) with 65 litres except something went amiss.

The additional fuel the AC use consumes in a normal car should be quite minimal & even insignificant overall especially on a highway.
It's even been theorized that a fully wound-up car with AC consumes LESS fuel than that with door glasses does but no AC. No thanks to the dragging effect/drag-coefficient.

Quick questions :
*Has the car always been like this, when did you buy it, and when did you notice the onset of the problem?
*Do you buy the fuel at same fuel station & are you sure of their fuel-pump meter?
*What is your regular servicing & maintenance habit like?
*What type of oil do you use? Synthetic or Regular?
*Have you changed the spark plugs or you are still using the "follow-come".
*Have you tried to scan the car.
*What about the Catalytic Converter? Dem don remove am?

Over all, go to Car Talk Section.
You will get more answers.
OK. will do that right away. Bought two months ago. has always been like that. serviced every 5000miles. Fuel at different stations (Total, Mobil, Con Oil and Forte) same amount and level at fuel gauge. Car has been scanned. no alarming issue was registered. The others I don't know. wouldn't time spent in traffic account for the fuel consumption?
Re: Honda Accord 2001/2002 V6 Fuel Consumption Issues - Please Advice by chucky234(m): 7:53am On Jul 30, 2014
The time spend on traffic is the culprit, try switching off your engine while on traffic gridlock
Re: Honda Accord 2001/2002 V6 Fuel Consumption Issues - Please Advice by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 30, 2014
edozie04: Ur car is 1 of d best if nt d best I hv seen 4 a V6 engine,65litres 4 150miles nd u ar complainingLet's switch with my camry 2000 4 a week nd see d difference

Bro easy o...that ur camry get plenty issues. 40 litres should give u 150 miles even if u add lagos traffic to ur analysis. I drive the same model camry also and get abt 150 miles before my fuel gauge touches the half mark.
Re: Honda Accord 2001/2002 V6 Fuel Consumption Issues - Please Advice by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 30, 2014
truthbastille:

Bro easy o...that ur camry get plenty issues. 40 litres should give u 150 miles even if u add lagos traffic to ur analysis. I drive the same model camry also and get abt 150 miles before my fuel gauge touches the half mark.
Seriously60litres in my camry is approximately 100 or 120miles @ most,initially wen I had d car I complained 2 my mechanic nd he said my car is perfectly ok nd tat it does nt smoke or evn have incomplete combustion thn wat issues ar u talkin abt?

(1) (Reply)

3 Sets Of Neatly Nigerian Used CRANES For Sale / Slightly Used 2005 Lexus GX470 (first Body) / SOLD!!!Cheap 06 Kia Rio @ 460k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.