Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,503 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

Benue State Workers To Begin Strike Over Salary Deduction. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue State Workers To Begin Strike Over Salary Deduction. (14345 Views)

Female Workers In Michael Okpara Univ. Umudike Protest Salary Deduction - Photo / NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund / Osun State Workers Protests Unpaid 5months Salaries (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benue State Workers To Begin Strike Over Salary Deduction. by zicoraads: 7:26am On Jul 30, 2014
Olekumaster: oh but i did. When our tertiary institutions were on a strike for almost a year and the staffs kept on pocketing their salaries every month, you tell me if dat is justified!!!
I repeat, you know nothing of the situation in Benue State.
Re: Benue State Workers To Begin Strike Over Salary Deduction. by RichDad1(m): 7:29am On Jul 30, 2014
Cankerworms

1 Like

Re: Benue State Workers To Begin Strike Over Salary Deduction. by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 30, 2014
These workers should understand with the government and their colleagues the teachers na. Strike upon strike.

the lifestyle of these governors doesn't help matters sef.
Re: Benue State Workers To Begin Strike Over Salary Deduction. by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 30, 2014
zicoraads: I repeat, you know nothing of the situation in Benue State.
and i repeat, all states are the same! If u hav something against d government of Suswam, why not say it? Come to Kogi, workers were not paid for more than 2months and it didn't even make FP
Re: Benue State Workers To Begin Strike Over Salary Deduction. by zicoraads: 7:32am On Jul 30, 2014
BCC is not moribound. It is now Dangote cement.
bonechamberlain: this is the result of all round bad leadership in this country. a state that prides itself as food basket of the Nation, cannot pay salaries. why don't they invest heavily on agriculture and develop the state.. no they all wait for oil allocation from Federal govt. the Benue cement company which was supposed to provide jobs and even revenue for the govt is now moribund. may God help us even though we can't help ourselves

1 Like

Re: Benue State Workers To Begin Strike Over Salary Deduction. by utenwuson: 7:39am On Jul 30, 2014
Suswam is the worst governor in the history of mankind!!! Most PDP governors re below average in terms of performance, state like Kogi,delta n so many wtout any meaningful development for d 8 yrs ds imbecilesss spent! Suswam spent virtually all his time with Gej in Abuja! Jst wondering wat there re up 2..... Mk God destroy ds World make all of us start afresh!

3 Likes

Re: Benue State Workers To Begin Strike Over Salary Deduction. by Omadachi(m): 7:42am On Jul 30, 2014
This Gabriel Suswam,only God knows what is wrong with him.And we have the state house of assemble there.Nobody is threatening impeachment.The state government doesn't like paying salaries of its workers.The are teachers in the technical college under Benue State University whose salaries has not been paid for the past 4 years under Gabriel Suswam administration and they are still working till date.The man is heartless.

3 Likes

Re: Benue State Workers To Begin Strike Over Salary Deduction. by ril19(m): 7:42am On Jul 30, 2014
Deduction of salaries.....? You got to be kidding me. How could there not be other ways to raise funds than reducing worker's salaries? These governors should use their head for once.
Re: Benue State Workers To Begin Strike Over Salary Deduction. by kokoA(m): 7:48am On Jul 30, 2014
sunnyshayne: These workers should understand with the government and their colleagues the teachers na. Strike upon strike.

the lifestyle of these governors doesn't help matters sef.
Understand what?! My brother abeg no make me vex this morning o.. You need to visit Benue to see the damage this Sesuwan of a man has done physically, morally and otherwise.. No significant project to show! Have you ever heard of anything (even swimming pool) being commissioned in Benue?! Okay, if he is not using these monies (Federal allocation and IGR) for developments then why can't he pay government workers? Where is all the money going? No development, no salary, no money in state's account, the money just disappears like willy willy shey? The only time you'd see money in that state is when you visit beer palors, night clubs, state organised beer carnival (where the governor calls on all youth in the state to come and drink free beer), state organised beauty peagents (where the government invite youths to come and see naked girls for free).. Smh.

3 Likes

Re: Benue State Workers To Begin Strike Over Salary Deduction. by kokoA(m): 7:53am On Jul 30, 2014
utenwuson: Suswam is the worst governor in the history of mankind!!! Most PDP governors re below average in terms of performance, state like Kogi,delta n so many wtout any meaningful development for d 8 yrs ds imbecilesss spent! Suswam spent virtually all his time with Gej in Abuja! Jst wondering wat there re up 2..... Mk God destroy ds World make all of us start afresh!
The worst governor in history is GEJ's best friend.. Smh. The guy even boasted that nobody on earth can stop him from becoming a senator come 2015 and people clapped for him.

3 Likes

Re: Benue State Workers To Begin Strike Over Salary Deduction. by Bunchersstab(m): 7:56am On Jul 30, 2014
zicoraads: Gov Gabriel Suswam is a classic example of a thief. This action should have happened long before now. The long strike by primary school teachers was enough reason for them to have taken this action. But whatever the case maybe, he has no right to deduct any worker's salary. Benue state has a large IGR base, the only problem is Suswam.

Suswam's associates spend money in Benue state like its going out of fashion. What he needs to do is to plug the loopholes that makes political appointees instant millionaires just weeks after getting there. He should also curtail the way he spends thousands going into millions of naira on girls anytime he shamelessly goes to a club.

Besides, I believe this is just to free up some funds for his senatorial ambition come 2015. I trust my people, when that time comes and they are given some bags of rice, all else would be forgotten and the criminal would be elected as a senator.

Re: Benue State Workers To Begin Strike Over Salary Deduction. by smudge2079(m): 7:56am On Jul 30, 2014
Hmmmmm. Que que tororo, international...
Re: Benue State Workers To Begin Strike Over Salary Deduction. by Soloter(m): 8:02am On Jul 30, 2014
the government deducted far more than 10%. 50k was deducted from someone who collects 180k. this is 27.7%.
Re: Benue State Workers To Begin Strike Over Salary Deduction. by omenka(m): 8:05am On Jul 30, 2014
Olekumaster: naija workers, na only salary dem sabi. Even if they are amatuerd in their profession, they still want money increase
Shut your trap. What do you know?? Are you even employed?? What do the politicians themselves do to justify their gargantuan salaries??

From what I gather, not a single developmental project has been embarked upon in the last three years! All the governor has succeeded in doing in his second term is to build the biggest hotel, Metropolitan Hotel, in Makurdi and a new Government house, then keep flowers in flower vases on road deviders while breaking and remaking road deviders over and over again! The contract to do so running into billions!!!!!!

Internally, the state generates over 1.8billion monthly. What has the governor been doing with all that funds, in addition to the fed allocations, that he had to slash poor workers' salaries to pay teachers?? Talk about robbing Peter to pay Paul! How about slashing his security votes to pay the workers Some of those workers were even said to have had as much as 35% slashed!! angry I dare Idu-mud-house to come dispute any of these!!

Isn't this pure robbery in daylight?? Yet those idiots would come here talking about Ekiti and Osun states workers' welfare when they are yet to remove the logs in PDP's eyes!

And where is that fat headed Idumuose to defend his useless governor?? Perhaps Buhari plotted the stealing of those monies too.

Oloshi jatjati! angry

6 Likes

Re: Benue State Workers To Begin Strike Over Salary Deduction. by 2kris(m): 8:07am On Jul 30, 2014
Wetin dey do this suswan self..even they pri sch in benue have been on strike for over 10months ...make this man no dey dull oooh #love idoma girls. cheesy
Re: Benue State Workers To Begin Strike Over Salary Deduction. by omenka(m): 8:09am On Jul 30, 2014
Soloter: the government deducted far more than 10%. 50k was deducted from someone who collects 180k. this is 27.7%.
Tell them jare!! A friend whose mom works there had as much as 35% deducted!! angry It hurts me so badly because that thug called Idumudhouse comes here to accuse someone of plotting his own death yet the corruption in his state seems to be a pace setter in the country!

1 Like

Re: Benue State Workers To Begin Strike Over Salary Deduction. by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 30, 2014
kokoA: Understand what?! My brother abeg no make me vex this morning o.. You need to visit Benue to see the damage this Sesuwan of a man has done physically, morally and otherwise.. No significant project to show! Have you ever heard of anything (even swimming pool) being commissioned in Benue?! Okay, if he is not using these monies (Federal allocation and IGR) for developments then why can't he pay government workers? Where is all the money going? No development, no salary, no money in state's account, the money just disappears like willy willy shey? The only time you'd see money in that state is when you visit beer palors, night clubs, state organised beer carnival (where the governor calls on all youth in the state to come and drink free beer), state organised beauty peagents (where the government invite youths to come and see naked girls for free).. Smh.

No vex, that was why I ended by saying the lifestyle of our governors no dey help matters. I didn't want to be specific. From what Suswam has been saying, he will never shift ground neither will the teachers but my honest concern is that the poor masses of benue have suffered to many calamities, for their children to remain at home for a year will not help at all. Good morning.
Re: Benue State Workers To Begin Strike Over Salary Deduction. by mcfarlin(m): 8:12am On Jul 30, 2014
kreezzy: Must strike be the solution to their problem?

Of course!...what other tool will they use to show their displeasure to the sick! Government..BAD leaders killing nigeria since 1960.
Re: Benue State Workers To Begin Strike Over Salary Deduction. by saint1989: 8:13am On Jul 30, 2014
Afritop: Whyshould the state government cause such trouble, they ought to have known that If they minus 1 from worker's salary, workers will say they minus 5. However Such deductions will give impetus and promise for more additions and multiplications by the time the workers downtools
Re: Benue State Workers To Begin Strike Over Salary Deduction. by patrickmuf(m): 8:15am On Jul 30, 2014
omenka: Shut your trap. What do you know?? Are you even employed?? What do the politicians themselves do to justify their gargantuan salaries??

From what I gather, not a single developmental project has been embarked upon in the last three years! All the governor has succeeded in doing in his second term is to build the biggest hotel, Metropolitan Hotel, in Makurdi and a new Government house, then keep flowers in flower vases on road deviders while breaking and remaking road deviders over and over again! The contract to do so running into billions!!!!!!

Internally, the state generates over 1.8billion monthly. What has the governor been doing with all that funds, in addition to the fed allocations, that he had to slash poor workers' salaries to pay teachers?? Talk about robbing Peter to pay Paul! How about slashing his security votes to pay the workers Some of those workers were even said to have had as much as 35% slashed!! angry I dare Idu-mud-house to come dispute any of these!!

Isn't this pure robbery in daylight?? Yet those idiots would come here talking about Ekiti and Osun states workers' welfare when they are yet to remove the logs in PDP's eyes!

And where is that fat headed Idumuose to defend his useless governor?? Perhaps Buhari plotted the stealing of those monies too.

Oloshi jatjati! angry
Funny thing is the house of assembly sees nothing wrong with his actions but if he defects to the opposition today, the impeachment tool will come Alive...

2 Likes

Re: Benue State Workers To Begin Strike Over Salary Deduction. by electropiz(m): 8:16am On Jul 30, 2014

naija way, no dialogue
Re: Benue State Workers To Begin Strike Over Salary Deduction. by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 30, 2014
omenka: Shut your trap. What do you know?? Oloshi jatjati!
trying to prove a point by degrading other people? What a low life! Go home to mommy and tell her to spank you for being silly
Re: Benue State Workers To Begin Strike Over Salary Deduction. by EbolaGoingHam(m): 8:16am On Jul 30, 2014
tbagjames: Written by Hope Abah The Nigeria Labour Congress in
Benue state is set to begin the
mother of all strikes on
Thursday following the
deduction of its workers June
salaries by the state government to enable it pay
teachers' minimum wage.
The development is against the
background of Governor
Gabriel Suswam's appeal to cut
down on state workers salaries in order to pay
primary schools teachers who
had resumed academic
activities barely four weeks
ago after an eight months old
protracted strike to press home their demand for the
minimum wage being enjoyed
by other civil servants in the
state.
But, state chairman of NLC,
Comrade Simon Anchaver today told Daily Trust in Makurdi that
the workers never reached a
compromise with government
to deduct their salaries and as
such the body would convey a
meeting tomorrow to discuss the matter which would likely
lead them to stay out of work
in the days ahead.
"They (government) did that on
their own. We have not agreed
on anything yet and they just started deducting our salaries.
After our meeting tomorrow,
we will definitely go on strike,"
he said.
Suswam had earlier in May
disclosed his decision to reduce workers salaries in the state
by 10 percent while political
appointees salaries would be
slashed by 25 percent in-order
to accommodate the teachers'
demand as his administration could not afford to make up
the differences from its
dwindling allocation.
Our correspondent reports
that since last week, workers
whose salaries were touched have taking to the social media
to rain abusive words on the
governor even as they spoil for
war and have asked that they
government revert to their old
earning rate. Some of them also claimed that
the government deducted more
than the 10 percent it actually
appealed for even though they
had refused the idea from the
onset. Dailytrust 29:7:2014

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/top-stories/30370-benue-workers-to-begin-indefinate-strike-over-salary-deduction

Boko-haram bombing
workers striking
GEJ working
Buhari hating
America sanctioning
youth jobless
Nairalanders arguing
Ebola killing
Nigeria Moving forward
Haters hating

donnypool Far better than all nairalanders including seun
Re: Benue State Workers To Begin Strike Over Salary Deduction. by tbagjames(m): 8:21am On Jul 30, 2014
EbolaGoingHam:

Boko-haram bombing
workers striking
GEJ working
Buhari hating
America sanctioning
youth jobless
Nairalanders arguing
Ebola killing
Nigeria Moving forward
Haters hating

donnypool Far better than all nairalanders including seun
your moniker says it all

1 Like

Re: Benue State Workers To Begin Strike Over Salary Deduction. by Rajosh(m): 8:21am On Jul 30, 2014
suggest a better solution Ma'am.
Re: Benue State Workers To Begin Strike Over Salary Deduction. by EbolaGoingHam(m): 8:25am On Jul 30, 2014
tbagjames:
your moniker says it all

I'll appreciate if you use the word "username".

Thank you

EBOLA > H.I.V
Re: Benue State Workers To Begin Strike Over Salary Deduction. by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 30, 2014
Is Strike the only weapon employees can make use of?
Re: Benue State Workers To Begin Strike Over Salary Deduction. by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 30, 2014
Naija
Re: Benue State Workers To Begin Strike Over Salary Deduction. by LordMecuzy(m): 8:29am On Jul 30, 2014
edoyad: Benue state has been cursed with one of the most useless governors in Africa, invariably the world. This state ought to be best state in North Central by virtue of it's economy, instead an old man like Jonah Jang in Plateau has outshone the slowpoke in makurdi in every sphere.
The only thing the government will spend money on is Beer Carnivals, Sponsoring political thugs and organising substandard beauty pageant competitions. The governor has successfully converted most youths in the states to Thugs and prostitutes.
Now his plan is to impoverish the civil servants in the state after destroying primary school education; how can primary schools be on strike for Nine months for heaven's sake ? I pity Nigeria because if this lunatic is successful in making it into the senate in 2015, like he is planning, it's a sign of how terrible things have become.

Thugs like SPACO art now millionaires thanks to SUSWAM

2 Likes

Re: Benue State Workers To Begin Strike Over Salary Deduction. by seanet02: 8:30am On Jul 30, 2014
Tinubu is behind this impending strike I swear
Re: Benue State Workers To Begin Strike Over Salary Deduction. by 1stola: 8:33am On Jul 30, 2014
suswan the fucktàrd

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Randy And Lavish Lifestyle Of Christopher Brambaifa Son Of NDDC Boss / President Buhari Congratulates Super Falcons For Winning Wafu Women's Cup / Gunmen Attack Police Division In Akwa Ibom, Three Officers Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.