Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,932 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

MFM Pastor battling Cataract, Accuses G.O Of Giving Him Oil Instead Of Money - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / MFM Pastor battling Cataract, Accuses G.O Of Giving Him Oil Instead Of Money (6400 Views)

Peter Mutharika Accuses T.B Joshua Of Giving A Fake Prophecy / 2014 Prophecies By Dr. DK Olukoya Of MFM / The Act Of 'giving To God' As Explained By Pastor E. A. Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MFM Pastor battling Cataract, Accuses G.O Of Giving Him Oil Instead Of Money by chibecanglobal(m): 7:05am On Jul 30, 2014
A 61-year-old father of two, Pastor
Lawrence Okechukwu Amuruche has
accused the General Overseer of his
church, the Mountain of Fire and
Miracles Ministries (MFM) of giving
him anointing oil and prayer points
rather than offering him money to
stop the cataract growing in his
eyes.
Amuruche, who heads the Satelite
town branch of the church, revealed
that he had been battling with eye
cataract which grew on one eye and
may affect the second if he didn’t
get medical help as soon as
possible.
In an interview with the Sun
Newspaper, he revealed that the eye
problem started when his eyes were
constantly itching him, and that he
later had blurry sight.
He said his wife told him there was
a growth forming in his eyes, so he
went to see an ophthalmologist.
The optician, according to him, said
he had developed an eye cataract
and he urgently needed surgery.
“At the hospital, they said I should
provide N450,000 per eye. That is
N900,000 for the two eyes, but I
cannot afford it. I did an eye test for
which I paid N130,000 pending the
time I will get money for the
surgery. But I have not been able to
raise money and my situation is
getting worse by the day”.
When asked if his church had done
anything to assist him, he said “I
have gone to my General Overseer
for money to do the surgery. To get
him was a problem. It was just last
week that I was able to get him.
“But instead of giving me money to
do the surgery, he gave me
anointing oil, prayer points and
water to be washing my face. I told
him that I have prayed. I have been
doing fasting and have been doing
vigils concerning the eyes, but it has
been deteriorating. If my coming out
to seek for help will lead to my sack,
let him sack me and I will go instead
of losing my eyes in the name of
ministry. If I go blind, I will not be
able to minister, I will not pastor
and I will be in the house and they
will not pay me”.
www.dailypost.ng/2014/07/29/mfm-pastor-battling-eye-cataract-accuses-g-o-giving-oil-prayer-points-instead-money/

1 Like

Re: MFM Pastor battling Cataract, Accuses G.O Of Giving Him Oil Instead Of Money by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 30, 2014
Where is thy Faith oh Pastor

2 Likes

Re: MFM Pastor battling Cataract, Accuses G.O Of Giving Him Oil Instead Of Money by Dreal1247: 7:13am On Jul 30, 2014
Th MFM G. O is a gives. When the man has seen that the problem could be solved spiritually to the glory of God, why waste the money that could be channelled to other pressing needs?
Re: MFM Pastor battling Cataract, Accuses G.O Of Giving Him Oil Instead Of Money by oderemo(m): 7:24am On Jul 30, 2014
Who told him he cannot pastor blind? Obadere did it for years.
Moreover maybe God want to use him in a blind position for
The ministry.
Re: MFM Pastor battling Cataract, Accuses G.O Of Giving Him Oil Instead Of Money by faithugo64(f): 7:35am On Jul 30, 2014
yes praying is important,but we humans have a part to play,heaven helps those who help themselves
Re: MFM Pastor battling Cataract, Accuses G.O Of Giving Him Oil Instead Of Money by faithugo64(f): 7:38am On Jul 30, 2014
oderemo: Who told him he cannot pastor blind? Obadere did it for years.
The ministry.
so u want him to go blind?place yourself in his shoes and see what he is passing through

1 Like

Re: MFM Pastor battling Cataract, Accuses G.O Of Giving Him Oil Instead Of Money by faithugo64(f): 7:39am On Jul 30, 2014
The ministry.
so u want him to go blind?place yourself in his shoes and see what he is passing through
Re: MFM Pastor battling Cataract, Accuses G.O Of Giving Him Oil Instead Of Money by Acidosis(m): 7:43am On Jul 30, 2014
He could source for money in his local church, family, relatives, friends, etc.

Do not wait for your Overseer to do ALL for you. The G.O himself has many burden and pending cases, issues and life threatening cases to attend to.

Yours is cataract; others are dying and running to these MOG for help; even though some issues are meant to be attended to by the Nigerian government.

It's only in Nairaland, Nigeria that people curse Pastors on issues they know nothing about.

Mr Lawrence should please expand his tentacles to the government. They've been hoarding tax payers money.

Most importantly, he needs to stop the blasphemy! Your G.O did not infect you with Cataract.

I don't know much about MFM, but I believe they have more than 1000 Pastors in Nigeria.

They all have 1 thing in common - its called "problem". Who nor get problem for this world?
Re: MFM Pastor battling Cataract, Accuses G.O Of Giving Him Oil Instead Of Money by nora544: 9:27am On Jul 30, 2014
Dr D.K. Olukoya is the General Overseer of the Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries. He holds a first class Honours degree in Microbiology from the University of Lagos, Nigeria and a Ph.D in Molecular Genetics from the University of Reading, United Kingdom. As a researcher, he has over seventy scientific publications to his credit.

His life and Ministry, is devoted to the revival of Apostolic signs, Holy Ghost fireworks and the unlimited demonstration of the power of God to deliver to the uttermost.

He teaches that holiness within and without, is the greatest spiritual insecticide, and a condition for Heaven. He trains your hands to wage war and your fingers to fight against the forces of darkness.

He passionately desires to see God’s people set free from all bondages and fulfilling their God given destiny with the teachings of the Bible applied in all areas of their lives.

As a Prophet, Evangelist, Teacher, Role model and Preacher of the Word, Dr D.K Olukoya continues to spread the message of God’s power to restore, break yokes and for salvation to all nations, thereby bringing about a harvest of deliverance and spiritual breakthroughs by the power of the Holy Ghost.

As a researcher, with a profound prophetic insight into the realm of the spiritual, he has produced a wealth of publications including the best selling “Prayer Rain”.

Dr. Daniel Kolawole Olukoya is happily married to his wife, Pastor Folashade Olukoya and blessed with a son, Elijah Toluwani

A doctor give his pastor only oil, and he has a PHD in Genetics that shows how pastors work!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: MFM Pastor battling Cataract, Accuses G.O Of Giving Him Oil Instead Of Money by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 30, 2014
The ministry.
grin Perhaps, it's the will of God to make him blind.

1 Like

Re: MFM Pastor battling Cataract, Accuses G.O Of Giving Him Oil Instead Of Money by chibecanglobal(m): 9:50am On Jul 30, 2014
But i honestly think cataract does not cost a fortune to remove via surgical operation.
I remember when in 2007 i had to take my dad to St.Mary's eye hospital in Abak Akwa-Ibom state for similar operation@ the cost of N15k.

(1) (Reply)

The Hidden Truth About Genesis Revealed: How It Is The Power To Unlock Yourself / Practical Ways To Draw Near To God Through Faith. / CNN - The World's Fastest-growing Religion Is ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.