Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

PDP Almost Died When Amaechi Left – Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Almost Died When Amaechi Left – Wike (1221 Views)

David Mark's Look When Amaechi Said He's Never Taken Bribe Before. (Photo) / Why Obasanjo, Atiku, Amaechi Left PDP – Metuh / Amaechi Left Over N7billion For Wike's Government - Aide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Almost Died When Amaechi Left – Wike by talk2smat(m): 11:06am On Jul 30, 2014
Minister of state for education, Chief Ezebuwo Nyesom Wike, has said that if not for his efforts, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) would have died in the state immediately Governor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi left the party for the All Progressives Congress (APC). This is as he said he is currently making wide consultations with his friends, associates and family members on whether or not to run in the 2015 governorship election on the platform of the PDP, insisting that none of those clamouring to be governor is more qualified than him. Wike, who spoke on Monday night during an interview with newsmen in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital, said none of those clamouring that it is the turn of their zones to produce the next governor of the state has contributed to the growth of the party in their various wards and local government areas.

The minister said; “I am happy that people are talking about running election in PDP today. When Amaechi left, which of them would say they would have run election in PDP if we did not come up to see that the party is strong? Amaechi gave us quit notice in the PDP secretariat that we should quit. We fought him to the last; we said we couldn’t quit, that it is our property. We have had not less than 45 cases in court. “How many of them brought a dime to sustain the battle? We have had House of Assembly men, who are not participating in Government House Assembly; they are not earning salaries; they are not paying them. How many of them have asked; what is happening to you? How many of them have gone to their wards to say, how do we mobilise our people?

“I read a lot of things where people say, it is our turn to produce a governor. Assuming what they are saying is correct, does is stop another person from running? What it means is that you should face the person in an election. That is the important thing. Most of them who said it is zoned to them, can they win in their local government areas? “I can tell you that if I declare to run today, nobody, of all those that are clamouring that it is their turn, will defeat me in their wards. So, if you can’t defeat me in your ward, which person’s zone do you want to use to win the election? For example, in Ogoni where we have Tai, Khana, Gokana and Eleme, those who want to run under PDP, which of them can defeat me? Come to the riverine area, those who want to run there, I hear of one Major Anyanya (rtd). He won’t defeat me in his ward if I want to run. Come to Opobo, who wants to run? Come to Bonny, who wants to run?”

He accused those aspiring to pick the governorship ticket of the PDP of depending on getting endorsements from Abuja, rather than building themselves from their various wards to get the confidence of the grassroots and win the election there.

Credit: http://leadership.ng/news/379401/pdp-almost-died-amaechi-left-wike

Re: PDP Almost Died When Amaechi Left – Wike by agitator: 11:13am On Jul 30, 2014
PDP die? hmmmmmmmmmmm.

I bought this space and willing to sell to the highest bidder. wink wink wink
Re: PDP Almost Died When Amaechi Left – Wike by Descartes: 11:17am On Jul 30, 2014
Fact!!

3 Likes

Re: PDP Almost Died When Amaechi Left – Wike by 99100(m): 11:20am On Jul 30, 2014
Mr Man you talk too much.

With or without you PDP can never die in Rivers state.
Yes a tilt is possible but not dead.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Almost Died When Amaechi Left – Wike by Belexy95: 11:38am On Jul 30, 2014
Why are u soliciting for support in d name of wide consultations? Declare ur intentions and stop much noise.
Re: PDP Almost Died When Amaechi Left – Wike by johnmartus(m): 12:27pm On Jul 30, 2014
this boy want to be governor at all cost its unfortunately that no room for pindinpin

1 Like

Re: PDP Almost Died When Amaechi Left – Wike by VICTORCIZA(m): 12:37pm On Jul 30, 2014
truth be told Nwaike (for that is his real name )did alot for pdp in river state, it won't be a bad idea if he fly pdp flag next year

2 Likes

Re: PDP Almost Died When Amaechi Left – Wike by size38: 12:39pm On Jul 30, 2014
Does Wike think PDP in Rivers state is still alive? PDP is already dead and gone in R/s. All these is just to justify his ambition. Power must shift to other tribes in Rivers state. We won't vote for u Wike.

1 Like

Re: PDP Almost Died When Amaechi Left – Wike by brixton: 12:43pm On Jul 30, 2014
I hope PDP don't make the mistake of discarding this man as it wud lead to clear victory for whoever Ameachi anoints
Re: PDP Almost Died When Amaechi Left – Wike by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:48pm On Jul 30, 2014
I See this man reconciling and apologizing to Amaechi cheesy But the good thing is, Amaechi doesn't forgive easily!

2 Likes

Re: PDP Almost Died When Amaechi Left – Wike by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 30, 2014
"This is as he said he is currently
making wide consultations with his friends,
associates and family members on whether or not
to run in the 2015 governorship election on the
platform of the PDP, insisting that none of those
clamouring to be governor is more qualified than
him"
This talkative is damned arrogant and boastful. Stop telling us yhu re consulting whether to run or not. We already know what yhur intention is. Just declare. NYASHSOME WIKED

(1) (Reply)

Doctor Who Cures Homosexuals In China In Serious Trouble. / 30 Monumental Reasons That Proves GEJ Is Clueless / Buhar's Declaration Text.for APC Member Only.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.