Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,665 members, 7,820,336 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

President Jonathan Launches New E-passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / President Jonathan Launches New E-passport (33815 Views)

Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. / Change Of Name Issue With The New E-passport? Info Pls / Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by olanrewajulolly(m): 1:49pm On Jul 30, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan on Wednesday launched Nigeria’s new 64-page e-passport with a call on Nigerians to protect the image of the country by shunning uncomplimentary statements and actions.
Jonathan launched the traveling document shortly before the commencement of the weekly Federal Executive Council meeting at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
He and Vice President Namadi Sambo later took turns to be captured in order to be issued with the new traveling document.
The President said the pages of the traveling document had to be increased from 32 to 64 to cater for frequent travelers who change their passport almost every other month because of limited pages for visa.
He tasked officials of the Nigeria Immigration Service to protect the integrity of the passport by ensuring that it cannot be easily faked.
He also asked officials who man the nation’s airports to ensure that they conduct themselves in a manner that will portray the country well before visitors.
The new passport which takes effect from August 1 attracts a fee of N20,000.

Source:: { http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-launches-new-e-passport/ }

8 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 30, 2014
Thank God
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by popson1st: 2:48pm On Jul 30, 2014
Another way to make money by the immigration.

14 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by gaetano: 2:48pm On Jul 30, 2014
Mine

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by MadCow1: 2:48pm On Jul 30, 2014
I hope say na Passport Photograph ehn launch o!!

I don tire to dey change passport o. And why would did he say it was 20,000?! angry What of the other hidden chrages wey them no dey tell people?! angry

12 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by ntyce(m): 2:49pm On Jul 30, 2014
Oga ooooo
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 30, 2014
hope the commitee approved it.

6 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Okwombageneral(m): 2:49pm On Jul 30, 2014
ok but can dat stop d spread of abola

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by duby91(m): 2:49pm On Jul 30, 2014
So 32 more pages huh? that's all...E-passport is it an online thing? but can be held still...like u can feel the pages?

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by lilmax(m): 2:50pm On Jul 30, 2014
Nice
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Amya(f): 2:50pm On Jul 30, 2014
New epassport? What was wrong with the old one?

Oh I get now! This one can be transmitted electronically! See, I'm wise!

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by ashewopeckas(f): 2:50pm On Jul 30, 2014
=N=20,000 if u wanna collect it in 1month, =N=40k if u want it in 3days

28 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 30, 2014
I remember seeing a man at the embassy once, men. he had two or three passports joined together, everything full and was just bragging about his traveling rights. I was there thinking, money miss road, lol.

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by mrborntodoit: 2:50pm On Jul 30, 2014
I hope it has atleast 10years validity .

35 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by VantagePoint: 2:51pm On Jul 30, 2014
Will people with the old passports have to procure new ones by August 1 ?
Will the old ones be invalid by then?

8 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by seagullbabz(m): 2:51pm On Jul 30, 2014
In celebration of my FP tinz...I am approving a subsidy on the e-passport to 990naira to the next 10 e-pple....you can all e-mail me your e-details...God bless e-naija....
On a more serious note I don't knw what to e-say...

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Mavor: 2:52pm On Jul 30, 2014
So what happens to my old Ecowas passport that is still valid?
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by manny4life(m): 2:52pm On Jul 30, 2014
duby91: So 32 more pages huh? that's all...E-passport is it an online thing? but can be held still...like u can feel the pages?

I was about to ask same question, I thought "E" is for electronic, as in you still feel the passport pages...
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by celestinho(m): 2:52pm On Jul 30, 2014
Noted...
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Opiosko: 2:52pm On Jul 30, 2014
Nairalanders pls help a brother, is the passport to be in black and white, red or yellow background?

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by youngmonie: 2:53pm On Jul 30, 2014
WTH? wht happens to our current E-passport?

6 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 30, 2014
How much will this cost?
Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by donodion(m): 2:54pm On Jul 30, 2014
MadCow1: again
I tire o....this man is worse than clueless.His situation is so bad he doesn not know what is of state priority at all.

When.was the Ecowas passport launched;chei....God....wetin we do you wey you come allow OBJ use this man to dey slap us for head so??

Abi na by mistake God take allow the creation of Nigeria??

17 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 30, 2014
VantagePoint: Will people with the old passports have to procure new ones by August 1 ?
Will the old ones be invalid by then?
I don't think so. as long as your passport hasn't expired and still have vacant pages you are good to go.

8 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by bizngr(f): 2:55pm On Jul 30, 2014
I see....

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by superior1: 2:56pm On Jul 30, 2014
It should have at least 10years validity

8 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by simplynola(m): 2:56pm On Jul 30, 2014
manny4life:

I was about to ask same question, I thought "E" is for electronic, as in you still feel the passport pages...

No, E is for Ebele, so dont look for electronic anywhere

8 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Launches New E-passport by naughtylagosguy(m): 2:56pm On Jul 30, 2014
Good for the frequent travelers. My passport has never been stamped since I got it.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Review, Specs Of Trains That FG Ordered For Lagos-Ibadan Railway / Maiduguri 45°c: Fire Service Sprays Cool Water To Mitigate The Harsh Weather / Six People Killed As Car Collides With Truck On Lagos - Ibadan Road (Graphic!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.