Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

BlackBerry Ltd ‘only brand’ that meets German government’s security needs - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / BlackBerry Ltd ‘only brand’ that meets German government’s security needs (1326 Views)

TCL Meme Da 3S: Quality Meets Affordability / Windows Phones Owners Meets Here / Get 100mb Browsing Data On Airtel For N200 Only. Brand New ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BlackBerry Ltd ‘only brand’ that meets German government’s security needs by Youpele52: 1:49pm On Jul 30, 2014
BlackBerry is about to get some business and it has the NSA to thank for that, well sort of. Germany is quite unhappy with recent NSA revelations and decided not to renew its Verizon contract. Now the German Federal Ministry of the Interior is looking into buying 20,000 BlackBerrys for security reasons.
The Ministry already has 3,000 BlackBerry OS 10 phones enhanced by a German security firm Secusmart. Apparently, BlackBerrys are the only smartphones that comply with standards needed by the anti-eavesdropping technology by Secusmart. That's no wonder as BlackBerry has just announced plans to acquire Secusmart.

Part of that package is a Secusmart microSD card that keeps confidential info safe and runs at €2,000 a pop. And that's for a measly 4GB of storage (wink!).
Keep in mind that this isn't a regular card though, it also has a dedicated crypto-controller and a PKI authentication co-processor. Aside from keeping your data safe, the microSD card also implements 128-bit AES encryption to secure voice calls and SMS.

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry Ltd ‘only brand’ that meets German government’s security needs by Youpele52: 1:50pm On Jul 30, 2014
Re: BlackBerry Ltd ‘only brand’ that meets German government’s security needs by chiwob(m): 2:39pm On Jul 30, 2014
nice for BB

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry Ltd ‘only brand’ that meets German government’s security needs by Olucheye(m): 2:48pm On Jul 30, 2014

2 Likes

Re: BlackBerry Ltd ‘only brand’ that meets German government’s security needs by decode55(m): 3:00pm On Jul 30, 2014
to all those who wrote blackberry off as soon as they brought Bbm to IOS & Android devices,

How market na? cheesy cheesy

#TeamBlackBerry & #TeamIOS for life joor

3 Likes

Re: BlackBerry Ltd ‘only brand’ that meets German government’s security needs by decode55(m): 3:06pm On Jul 30, 2014
& to all those china phone users who would like to quote me & blab trash,

I don't mean to brag sha...

But

Check my stats,

You can't beef me & go scott free.

I've never lost a beef battle cool

Out of 23, I don win 22 draw 1 cheesy cheesy

So, think twice (or maybe thrice) before quoting me to talk rubbish.

Do have a nice day wink wink

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry Ltd ‘only brand’ that meets German government’s security needs by chucky234(m): 3:30pm On Jul 30, 2014
decode55: & to all those china phone users who would like to quote me & blab trash,

I don't mean to brag sha...

But

Check my stats,

You can't beef me & go scott free.

I've never lost a beef battle cool

Out of 23, I don win 22 draw 1 cheesy cheesy

So, think twice (or maybe thrice) before quoting me to talk rubbish.

Do have a nice day wink wink
LMAO
Re: BlackBerry Ltd ‘only brand’ that meets German government’s security needs by chucky234(m): 3:32pm On Jul 30, 2014
BB rules
Re: BlackBerry Ltd ‘only brand’ that meets German government’s security needs by Richiy(f): 3:57pm On Jul 30, 2014
That logo is awful. They should work on it.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Comprehensive Review Of The Latest Sony Xperia Z3 Announced At The IFA 2014 / Eight Amazing New Features That You Should Know About Microsoft Windows 10 / How To Unlock At&t Network Locked Zte Z740 Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.