Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Do You Know The Deputy Governor Of Your State? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Know The Deputy Governor Of Your State? (833 Views)

States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. / (photo) Meet Uche Mefor, The Deputy Director Of Radio Biafra / Copy Of The Petition Against The Deputy Senate President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know The Deputy Governor Of Your State? by kristylopezz: 3:26pm On Jul 30, 2014
Are our deputy governors not just figure heads? What is really their job? Just curious!The only deputy governor I see freely performing is Mrs. Joke Orelope-Adefulire of Lagos State. Maybe because I live in Lagos. I don't even know the deputy governor of my state of origin; If its a male or female. Never heard, seen or read of his or her name.

Now people, Who is your deputy governor and how visible is he/she?
Re: Do You Know The Deputy Governor Of Your State? by Harmvirus(f): 4:06pm On Jul 30, 2014
I don't even know the present deputy Governor of my state too, I've not seen him or her..
I think the reason is because there is no specific constitutional role for state deputy governors. It has reduced many of them to spectators because they hardly get involved in the daily operations of the government

1 Like

Re: Do You Know The Deputy Governor Of Your State? by kristylopezz: 5:16pm On Jul 30, 2014
I jst wonder what they do. Or are they afraid to come out and work, so as not to be termed 'over-sabi'

Even, GEJ, does he have vice? Whats his name again?
Re: Do You Know The Deputy Governor Of Your State? by tpia1: 5:44pm On Jul 30, 2014
kristylopezz: I don't even know the deputy governor of my state of origin; If its a male or female. Never heard, seen or read of his or her name.

I'm quite sure this information is on your state website.
Re: Do You Know The Deputy Governor Of Your State? by kristylopezz: 7:21pm On Jul 30, 2014
tpia1:

I'm quite sure this information is on your state website.

Still saying same thing. Do you need to visit a state's website before you know your state's deputy gov. Their actions should!
Re: Do You Know The Deputy Governor Of Your State? by NwaNimo1(m): 7:25pm On Jul 30, 2014
Dr Nkem Okeke (Anambra)

Knew of the guy before 'Obiano' self . . . I even think he's the brains behind the revolution in Anambra.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Know The Deputy Governor Of Your State? by kel4soft: 8:30pm On Jul 30, 2014
Yes Engr. Tele Ikuru

1 Like

Re: Do You Know The Deputy Governor Of Your State? by ibietela2(m): 8:37pm On Jul 30, 2014
Tele Ikuru........ Why you don't know is that you are too lazy to know what Is going on in your various states. When you keep watching BBA and those rubbish program
Re: Do You Know The Deputy Governor Of Your State? by kristylopezz: 8:52pm On Jul 30, 2014
ibietela2: Tele Ikuru........ Why you don't know is that you are too lazy to know what Is going on in your various states. When you keep watching BBA and those rubbish program

Whats BBA?
Re: Do You Know The Deputy Governor Of Your State? by Brimmie(m): 9:17pm On Jul 30, 2014
Mrs. Grace Titilayo Laoye-Tomori cheesy
Re: Do You Know The Deputy Governor Of Your State? by iamodenigbo1(m): 10:04pm On Jul 30, 2014
what is there day to day activities like?
Re: Do You Know The Deputy Governor Of Your State? by tpia1: 10:16pm On Jul 30, 2014
kristylopezz:

Still saying same thing. Do you need to visit a state's website before you know your state's deputy gov.

yes, that's why the information is there.
Re: Do You Know The Deputy Governor Of Your State? by HopeAtHand: 10:17pm On Jul 30, 2014
Engr. Telenyem Ikuru.

Amaechi is always talking about the next governor to continue from where he stopped.Why not pick Engr. Ikuru to continue with his programs for the state after he exits the stage.

A deputy Gov. should be an understudy to the Governor.
Re: Do You Know The Deputy Governor Of Your State? by ibietela2(m): 12:35am On Jul 31, 2014
kristylopezz:

Whats BBA?

That one
Re: Do You Know The Deputy Governor Of Your State? by smileandlove(f): 2:15am On Jul 31, 2014
Don't know my deputy governor because the governor did not want me to know him.

BTW why is most deputy governors more schooled than the governors, most are Drs, proffessors engrs etc while most governors are Mr and some honorary degrees?.
Re: Do You Know The Deputy Governor Of Your State? by barackodam: 2:35am On Jul 31, 2014
Lola!!!

Vice??.??.??.... They are as useless as the "ueue" in "queue".

I once heard a musician sung that he's popular than the v.p
Then my friend asked how possible is that. I simply answered him, if not that you are in academic area would you know him??.?? Or do u think those traders know him??.??" He couldn't answer, I then asked him, who is your deputy gov? And he couldn't answer.

85% of non-lagosians don't know their deputy governors name and few even don't know their governor.

Now to ur question, I donno him./her
Re: Do You Know The Deputy Governor Of Your State? by Kalvan: 3:06am On Jul 31, 2014
kristylopezz: Are our deputy governors not just figure heads? What is really their job? Just curious!The only deputy governor I see freely performing is Mrs. Joke Orelope-Adefulire of Lagos State. Maybe because I live in Lagos. I don't even know the deputy governor of my state of origin; If its a male or female. Never heard, seen or read of his or her name.

Now people, Who is your deputy governor and how visible is he/she?

Do you know the current Vice President of your country?

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Al-makura Stays As Governor, 16 Charges Dismissed. / Inec Officials Caught Moving "Sensitive Materials" In Osun (pix) / President Goodluck Appoints Danlandi Kilfasi as the New Head Of Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.