Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,704 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Sharing Your Bed Can Make You Stupid - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sharing Your Bed Can Make You Stupid (1744 Views)

Photo Of Two Babies Sharing One Incubator At A General Hospital In Lagos / The New Female Condom Which Can 'make A Woman Orgasm Every Time' / Help I Need A Drugs That Can Make Me Last Long In Bed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sharing Your Bed Can Make You Stupid by funloving(m): 1:58pm On Jul 20, 2006
IF YOU have ever thought you were stupid to sleep with someone, consider this. Sharing your bed could actually make you stupid if you are a man - at least temporarily.

Even without having sex, bed sharing disturbs sleep quality, say Gerhard Kloesch and colleagues from the University of Vienna, Austria. The team recruited eight unmarried, childless couples, and used questionnaires and a wrist activity monitor, an "actigraph", to assess sleep patterns after 10 nights together and 10 apart.

Men and women fared differently. While men thought they slept better with a partner, and women believed they didn't, actually both sexes had more disturbed sleep, even when they did not have sex. Lack of sleep led to increased stress hormone levels in men, and reduced their ability to perform simple cognitive tests the next day.

However, the women apparently slept more deeply when they did sleep, since they claimed to be more refreshed than their sleep time suggested. Their stress levels and mental scores did not suffer to the same extent.

Kloesch presented his work at a meeting of the Forum of European Neurosciences in Vienna last week.

Sleeping with someone also affected dream recall, with women remembering more after sleeping alone and men recalling best after sex.

Culled from the New Scientist
Re: Sharing Your Bed Can Make You Stupid by Raymand(m): 8:38pm On Jul 20, 2006
There could be some truth in that, but if sharing a bed with my girlfriend makes me stupid, id rather be a stupid ass for life cheesy
Re: Sharing Your Bed Can Make You Stupid by Oracle(m): 4:19am On Oct 11, 2006
You know recently we have a lot of doctors on nairaland.
thanx for sharing Funloving

Raymand:

There could be some truth in that, but if sharing a bed with my girlfriend makes me stupid, id rather be a stupid ass for life cheesy
Thatz funny Raymand.
Re: Sharing Your Bed Can Make You Stupid by Seun(m): 8:32am On Mar 25, 2007
Moved to Health section
Re: Sharing Your Bed Can Make You Stupid by Loads: 1:03pm On Mar 25, 2007
Raymand,
hahahahahaha that is so funny but true.

I would rather be stupid than to be a lonely old man
Re: Sharing Your Bed Can Make You Stupid by OmoEko1(f): 2:06pm On Mar 25, 2007
Raymand:

lol that very hilarious but true cheesy cheesy cheesy,
am sorry oh but i have to sleep with my baby on the bed to feel more secure and have peaceful sleep, rather then feeling lonely and depress sleeping by myself. And if my baby is not here, my friends sleep by side on my bed but that only happpens om weekend.
Re: Sharing Your Bed Can Make You Stupid by agnesoseka: 10:16am On Mar 26, 2007
Re: Sharing Your Bed Can Make You Stupid by sweetchick(f): 11:31am On Mar 26, 2007
No wonder so many guys are not so bright
Re: Sharing Your Bed Can Make You Stupid by brownbaby(f): 12:47pm On Mar 26, 2007
Sweetchick shocked
Re: Sharing Your Bed Can Make You Stupid by Everbright(f): 4:06pm On Mar 26, 2007
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmn
Re: Sharing Your Bed Can Make You Stupid by Carlosein(m): 5:48pm On Mar 26, 2007
No wonder so many guys are not so bright

including your b/friend?

jus kidding grin

maybe true but who gives credence to all those "bookish" pple and their findings.
Re: Sharing Your Bed Can Make You Stupid by aparo(m): 1:57pm On Mar 27, 2007
No wonder I am so stupid, cos I always have my wifey with me!!!
Re: Sharing Your Bed Can Make You Stupid by mukina2: 7:56pm On Mar 27, 2007
nairaland grin
Re: Sharing Your Bed Can Make You Stupid by justme3(m): 6:07pm On Mar 28, 2007
Personally, i really dn't like sharing my bed except when sex is involved.just dn't find it comfortable
Re: Sharing Your Bed Can Make You Stupid by ronnieslimz(f): 1:30pm On Mar 29, 2007
anoda one grin
Re: Sharing Your Bed Can Make You Stupid by styrax(m): 5:01pm On Nov 15, 2007
Really hilarious, but true

(1) (Reply)

Quantum Analyzer & Iridology Analyzer / Egg Yolks Almost As Dangerous As Smoking,researcher Says / ############ outdated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.