Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries (17782 Views)

Innoson Motors Spotted At The National Assembly Complex (See Photos) / The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) / Export/import Used Car Engines To West Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by Ping411: 8:16pm On Jul 30, 2014
Innoson Motors, Nigeria’s leading indigenous automobile manufacturer, has said that it will be exporting its passenger car brands to West African countries.

Chairman of Innoson Motors, Innocent Ifediaso Chukwuma, disclosed this at the Nnewi plant of the company during a brief preview of the company’s passenger cars to mark the concrete takeoff of the auto policy.

He said that Innoson-badged vehicles are genuinely indigenous, noting that apart from being made in Nigeria they bear a Nigerian name and not the monogram of any foreign auto brand.

According to him, Innoson plant was set up long before the introduction of the Nigerian Automotive Industry Development Plan (NAIDP) and against all odds at a time when importation of fully built-up vehicles was an easier and far more lucrative option. He added that the coming of the auto policy, four years after the production lines were officially commissioned by President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan in Nnewi in 2010, would help the growth and development of the local industry.

“In the Nigerian auto industry, there is no other made-in-Nigeria vehicle that bears a local name apart from Innoson. Others are foreign brands, though made in Nigeria. If you go to Europe, America and Asia or anywhere outside this country, you won’t see any vehicle called Innoson, because the name does not exist in any other place in the world except here,” He said.

The products which are to be exported include Fox Sedan and Amazon car brands and will be exported to Republic of Benin and Ghana, as soon as the vehicles are finally rolled out from the company’s plant in Nnewi, Anambra State.

The New Automotive Industry Development Plan (NAIDP) introduced by the Federal Governement last year is hoped to help transform the Nigerian automotive industry and attract investment into the sector, as the Auto Sector has been identified as a key component of the Nigerian Industrial Revolution Plan (NIRP). The NIRP is a 5 year programme developed by the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade, and Investments to diversify Nigeria’s economy and revenues through industry and to increase manufacturing’s contribution to GDP from 4% today, to 6% by 2015, and finally above 10% by 2017.

NAIDP aims to curtail Nigeria’s almost total dependence on imports and to meet a significant proportion of its demand through domestic production.
http://leadership.ng/news/379370/nigerian-firm-export-cars-african-countries

http://infobuddie..com/2014/07/innoson-motors-will-start-exporting.html

23 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by overhypedsteve(m): 8:22pm On Jul 30, 2014
FTC BABY! hahaha they thought i would never make it, but here i am, standing right above all of them, setting the pace for other commenters, yes this is what power taste like, this is it, this is pur unfettered power,
big shout out to
my mum,
my big sis,(abuja lomo i see you)
my elder bro( who have refused to scramble his investments and leave the north)
my legal friends (lord greene,and jurisputer) i love you all,
and to oga seun for building africa's number 1 site(proudly9ja)
also thanks to Innoson for building cars in 9ja(more oil to ur engines may you surpass TATA of inda and toyota of japan.

20 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by dgitrader(m): 8:28pm On Jul 30, 2014
yeah, nairaland will soon start buying over google inc.

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by chaberry(m): 8:29pm On Jul 30, 2014
Hmmm, We're really goin international, NDI IGBO IBE'M KWENU!!!

75 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by Mutuwa(m): 8:36pm On Jul 30, 2014
Wonderful concept..if and only IF effectively implemented.
Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by Idrismusty97(m): 8:36pm On Jul 30, 2014
This is how Toyota started smiley.

31 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by larryshow4(m): 8:40pm On Jul 30, 2014
Spaced Booked.
Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by IGBOSON1: 8:52pm On Jul 30, 2014
Heart-warming news! Though he needs to step up on his publicity and advertising!

Any pics of the new models?

13 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by CHIM0Z: 8:55pm On Jul 30, 2014
Innoson will soon dominate the African automobile market.

20 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by Descartes: 9:12pm On Jul 30, 2014
Nigerian men setting the pace on automobile industries in Africa since 500 BC cool

27 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by Guykhena(m): 9:13pm On Jul 30, 2014
Good one for them
Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by chimchim1(m): 9:13pm On Jul 30, 2014
Will they believe any made in Nigeria product? I don't think they trust us anyway.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by chimchim1(m): 9:16pm On Jul 30, 2014
Is he really producing or buying and assembling them?
Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by Idrismusty97(m): 9:16pm On Jul 30, 2014
Descartes: .
Modified that before some bigots derail this thread. I hope the mods are active.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by pixtuk(m): 9:17pm On Jul 30, 2014
igbo people representing nigeria since 1900 grin grin grin

i hope other tribe wont start envying d work of igbo men grin grin

17 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by odinma1: 9:17pm On Jul 30, 2014
That is the spirit of true Ndigbo, hard work combined with industrial and technological talent.

Happy to be an Igbo man tonite. Free from hate and tribalism.

Anambra Adigo Mma cheesy cool cool

23 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by kobonaire(m): 9:18pm On Jul 30, 2014
Nice, they will one day achieve the Nigerian dream of designing and producing a domestic vehicle.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by Aromas: 9:18pm On Jul 30, 2014
GOODLUCK JONATHAN HAS DONE WOT OUR YORUBA MAN REFUSES TO DO FOR GOOD 8 YEARS. Sir, we are still on the train #dontbother2bringbackourgirls. They're now the suicide bomber

22 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by Chibykeze: 9:18pm On Jul 30, 2014
na so nahhhhhhh
Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 30, 2014
We did it again dawg cheesy!!
Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by Descartes: 9:19pm On Jul 30, 2014
Idrismusty97: Modified that before some bigots derail this lovely thread. I hope the mods are active.
Edited
Thanks wink

1 Like

Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by Opiosko: 9:19pm On Jul 30, 2014
All hail Okpu Uzu Igbo nile!

11 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by kobonaire(m): 9:19pm On Jul 30, 2014
Idrismusty97: This is how Toyota started smiley.
No that's not how Toyota started. Toyota started by designing and manufacturing their own car....the Toyota AA in the year 1935. Innoson does not design their own vehicles. They assemble the cars from designs and parts sourced from China etc. Don't get me wrong, they (Innoson motors) are doing a remarkable job but to make a statement that Toyota also started that way is not factually correct.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by iceberylin(m): 9:19pm On Jul 30, 2014
who cares

I still rep my legs.cheesy

1 Like

Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by OXYGEN01: 9:20pm On Jul 30, 2014
I hope MADE IN nigeria is not inscribed on it because it will make people reject it.

3 Likes

Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by 9jahubcom(m): 9:20pm On Jul 30, 2014
gud 1
Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by slimfredo(m): 9:21pm On Jul 30, 2014
really? .. dats fwesssh air too ;Dreally? .. dats fwesssh air too
Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 30, 2014
This is nice.

More should be done on Innoson's publicity. People barely know them outside the east and NL.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by OXYGEN01: 9:23pm On Jul 30, 2014
Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by akinlex(m): 9:23pm On Jul 30, 2014
Re: Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries by myspnigeria: 9:24pm On Jul 30, 2014
wow..... good news

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Car Smashed By A Tree In A Pay Park, Who Bears The Loss? Your Opinion / Keep Your Vehicle In Shape By Maintaining These 7 Fluids / Would You Advise Me To Get A Nissan And Which One Please?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.