Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,367 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Everton Sign Chelsea Striker For £28m - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Everton Sign Chelsea Striker For £28m (773 Views)

Revealed: Why Juventus Are Favourites To Sign Chelsea Ace Cesc Fabregas / Real Madrid Willing To Sell Bale To Man. United To Sign Chelsea’s Hazard / Manchester City Set To Sign Chelsea Legend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Everton Sign Chelsea Striker For £28m by publicenemy(m): 11:02pm On Jul 30, 2014
Everton have signed Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku for a club record £28m.

The 21-year-old Belgian World Cup forward, who scored 16 goals on loan at Everton last season, has signed a five-year contract at Goodison Park.

Everton boss Roberto Martinez said: "This signing is not just important for this season. It is a significant day in the history of this football club."

Lukaku joined Chelsea from Anderlecht for £18m in August 2011 but played only 15 games for the club.

After signing his contract at Goodison, Lukaku said: "I'm 21, I need to be playing in a good team. I needed to be in a place that felt right.

"I decided very quickly I wanted to come back. This is the place I belong."
Romelu Lukaku's career statistics
Team League matches League goals

Everton

West Brom

Chelsea

Anderlecht

Lukaku's transfer breaks the previous record of £15m for Marouane Fellaini when he joined Everton from Standard Liege in 2008 .

It was originally thought Everton would pay £23.7m for Lukaku before the club revealed the £28m fee. Chelsea believe the transfer puts them in a strong position to comply with Uefa's Financial Fair Play rules .

Martinez said: "We know that Romelu is still a young man and the potential that he has is quite unique, and we are desperate to see him enjoying his football and to watch him grow as footballer in the years to come."

Lukaku rose to prominence as a 16-year-old with Anderlecht in the 2009-10 season when he scored 15 goals to help clinch the Belgium league title.

He scored 16 the next season and 2011-12 made the move to Chelsea, where he played a bit-part role under Andre Villas-Boas and then Roberto Di Matteo.

Lukaku joined West Brom on loan for the 2012-13 season, scoring 17 goals in 38 games as the Baggies recorded their highest ever Premier League finish of eighth.

Then last season, he was top scorer at Everton as they finished fifth in the Premier League and qualified for Europe for the first time in five years.
Re: Everton Sign Chelsea Striker For £28m by elguaje(m): 11:07pm On Jul 30, 2014
Summary pls. The world is getting busier everyday undecided
Re: Everton Sign Chelsea Striker For £28m by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:21pm On Jul 30, 2014
Good for Lukaku
Re: Everton Sign Chelsea Striker For £28m by eunisam: 11:28pm On Jul 30, 2014
elguaje: Summary pls. The world is getting busier everyday undecided
laziness in reading is bad. Summary is Chelsea bought lukaku 18m and sold to everton 28milli. Gain is 10m.

2 Likes

Re: Everton Sign Chelsea Striker For £28m by jhydebaba(m): 11:46pm On Jul 30, 2014
So Lukaku didn't score for Chelsea shocked shocked

Where are the Mikel haters

2 Likes

Re: Everton Sign Chelsea Striker For £28m by khattab02: 12:06am On Jul 31, 2014
jhydebaba: So Lukaku didn't score for Chelsea shocked shocked

Where are the Mikel haters
he played only 10 games most atimes coming on as a sub. Compare the goals he scored for wesbrom and everton with that of Torres within that span.
Re: Everton Sign Chelsea Striker For £28m by elguaje(m): 12:58am On Jul 31, 2014
eunisam: laziness in reading is bad. Summary is Chelsea bought lukaku 18m and sold to everton 28milli. Gain is 10m.
thank u my brother smiley
Re: Everton Sign Chelsea Striker For £28m by pat077: 9:42am On Jul 31, 2014
gud 4 chelsea 4rm d business point of veiw.

(1) (Reply)

Keshi In Charge Of Eagles For The Two Qualifiers / Messi And Ronaldo Top fifa World Player Of the Year 2014 List / Barclay's Premier League's Best Of 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.