Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,370 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

President Jonathan Appoints Suleiman Abba New Inspector Genaral Of Police - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Appoints Suleiman Abba New Inspector Genaral Of Police (24140 Views)

Why I Fired Police IG, Suleiman Abba – Jonathan / Jonathan Appoints Solomon Arase As Acting IGP, Sacks IGP Suleiman Abba / The Overthrow Of Genaral Muhammadu Buhari (A Must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Appoints Suleiman Abba New Inspector Genaral Of Police by myspnigeria: 10:51am On Jul 31, 2014
Congratulations
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Suleiman Abba New Inspector Genaral Of Police by coolvitus(m): 10:54am On Jul 31, 2014
Oga try stop police doing vio wrk pls
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Suleiman Abba New Inspector Genaral Of Police by b3llo(m): 10:57am On Jul 31, 2014
englishmart: How many IGP are we gonna have in less than 4years?
Ode are you current with the Police affair? If no! Shut da phuck up.
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Suleiman Abba New Inspector Genaral Of Police by englishmart(m): 10:59am On Jul 31, 2014
b3llo: Ode are you current with the Police affair? If no! Shut da phuck up.
good morning sire
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Suleiman Abba New Inspector Genaral Of Police by Brandomg: 11:02am On Jul 31, 2014
curtain: you must be a worshipper of the religion of Pigs!
An arne always an arne. Fish brain.
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Suleiman Abba New Inspector Genaral Of Police by b3llo(m): 11:09am On Jul 31, 2014
englishmart: good morning sire
Morning Mr Smart. I like the name Smart.
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Suleiman Abba New Inspector Genaral Of Police by okangaijele: 11:11am On Jul 31, 2014
An astute security admnistrator, risk assesment and analysis expert. Your days at Rivers state(not too long) as Commissioner of Police cant be forgotten in a hurry. Congrats Sir!!!
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Suleiman Abba New Inspector Genaral Of Police by osmond2009(m): 11:17am On Jul 31, 2014
born2lead01: That won't earn him northern votes.
Even in 2011 he never had the so called northern vote, so save your vote for APC

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Appoints Suleiman Abba New Inspector Genaral Of Police by 2n2k(m): 11:34am On Jul 31, 2014
ajadematanle: Nothing Good can come from this man.You guys have forgotten that he was recently used to stop the Bring Back Our Girls campaign in Abuja before the outgoing IG overruled him and declared his order void.Also, when you look at his progress in police, you will notice that his promotion was based on compensation and not professionalism.How can Aide -Camp to Abacha's wife become an IG in sane society.Please watch out in 2015.Jonathan has gotten a tool to use for rigging.It will be worse than Sunday Adewusi back them during NPN rule

Abba and Mbu are not spelt the same way shocked

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Appoints Suleiman Abba New Inspector Genaral Of Police by englishmart(m): 11:58am On Jul 31, 2014
b3llo: Morning Mr Smart. I like the name Smart.
thanks sire. cool
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Suleiman Abba New Inspector Genaral Of Police by 9jatatafo(m): 12:46pm On Jul 31, 2014
Firefire: Congrat to the new IGP.

I pray your reign know growth within the force and peace to Nigeria and her citizens.

He cannot guarantee positive growth within the police force with the rot in that force. Imagine in a police division where policemen and women are tasked to generate money to fuel their generators, make returns to their ogas, to buy newspapers and pay cleaners to keep the division or outpost clean. Where would the money come from? Obviously from extortion and wrongful arrest. Is the government not providing enough money to keep the police force up and running? There is so much corruption in the force and this new IG will see his appointment as an avenue to loot more money. Imagine a police woman giving change on a bribe she collected!!! I was shocked to see a woman police given 500 naira by a driver and she gave the driver 300 naira as change. So the police force is now buying and selling place (Market) FELA said it already that "Police Station Don Turn To Bank, DPO Na Bank Manager". I could recall when IGP Abubakar was first appointed, the first statement he made was to deal with BH, the following day his own state was bombed by BH. What meaningful impact did he do as regards curbing the activities of BH. All they know how to do is collect bribe and loot the treasury of the force. Their top officers harassing junior female officers for sex. Shameless and clueless force.
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Suleiman Abba New Inspector Genaral Of Police by s1(m): 1:12pm On Jul 31, 2014
seunlayi: changing of I G is not what we want, what Nigerians want now is there stop if insurgency.
Gej did not sack the former IG oooooo,he has been in service for 35 years,therefore he must retire.
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Suleiman Abba New Inspector Genaral Of Police by victorv12(m): 1:38pm On Jul 31, 2014
###
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Suleiman Abba New Inspector Genaral Of Police by victorv12(m): 1:38pm On Jul 31, 2014
See his moustache, you'll know he's a thief! AK!
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Suleiman Abba New Inspector Genaral Of Police by elklehamite(m): 1:49pm On Jul 31, 2014
WHAT IS HAPPENNING NOW? HAS GOYERNMENT 4GOTTEN NSCDC(CIVIL DEFENCE)?
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Suleiman Abba New Inspector Genaral Of Police by curtain: 1:53pm On Jul 31, 2014
Brandomg:
An arne always an arne. Fish brain.
Keep snorting like a pig as your demonic religion taught you. Dan karuwa!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Appoints Suleiman Abba New Inspector Genaral Of Police by shurl4(m): 2:42pm On Jul 31, 2014
F
mosco1989: It amaze me when I see some people talk trash. The appointment came cos of the expiration of the Abubakar's tenure by august. A northener was appointed cos he was next in line. #criticsgoanddie#
He's not exactly "next in line" bro. According to news report yesterday, 5 candidates including 3 DIGs and 2 AIGs were shortlisted and screened for the position. By whatever yardstick that was used, he got the position. Congrats to him and I earnestly pray he does what is right for the nation especially as election year approaches. PS: a DIG is higher in rank than an AIG.......
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Suleiman Abba New Inspector Genaral Of Police by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 2:43pm On Jul 31, 2014
I hope he does well, because he has lots of work to do because the country is facing serious troubles now..
fun4: From AIT status Facebook page.

President Goodluck Jonathan has appointed
Suleiman Abba, the Assistant Inspector General of Police, Zone 7, as the new Inspector General of Police in Nigeria.
The development came following the federal
Executive Council meeting presided over by
President Jonathan.
Abba was also a former Aide-de-Camp (ADC) to
Maryam Abacha.

https://m.facebook.com/AIT.AfricaIndependentTelevision?refid=28&_ft_=qid.6041981042937174401%3Amf_story_key.8877775022933928975&__tn__=C

OR
www.dailypost.ng/2014/07/30/jonathan-appoints-suleiman-abba-new-inspector-general-police/
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Suleiman Abba New Inspector Genaral Of Police by Chigold101(m): 2:54pm On Jul 31, 2014
foyeks2001: Fmr ADC to Maryam Abacha...Hmmm
talking about Maryam Abacha we are talking about 20years ago. So it is been verylongmy babe
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Suleiman Abba New Inspector Genaral Of Police by ThimmyWood(m): 3:13pm On Jul 31, 2014
Why AIG? don't we have DIGs again in Nigeria? nawa o.
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Suleiman Abba New Inspector Genaral Of Police by egift(m): 3:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
EdCure: Best wishes for the new man.

But, what with this gej's obsession for anything Abacha?

Abacha = His Role Model
IBB = Political Father
OBJ = GodFather
Idiamin = Future Goal

That is why GEJ is acting the way he is. grin
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Suleiman Abba New Inspector Genaral Of Police by Just20(f): 4:50pm On Jul 31, 2014
anonimi:

How?
With barracks looking like shi't dumps shocked

Or by declined rates of armed robbery, kidnappings, theft, fraud
Abi how do you measure the performance of an Oga Olopa aka IGP?

Does anyone know why we are so DUMB?
Answer your own question... cos the "we" in your question may just be referring to you and your cohorts. So back to the important issues you raised. The image of the Nigerian Police has greatly improved under his leadership. When he dismantled road blocks some thought it was a bad idea but now I for one I'm glad. The system definitely has a long way to go but at least he has played his part well. All the stuff you mentioned above have reduced to a large extend. So the next IGP should build on that.
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Suleiman Abba New Inspector Genaral Of Police by mechanics(m): 5:09pm On Jul 31, 2014
fun4: From AIT status Facebook page.

President Goodluck Jonathan has appointed
Suleiman Abba, the Assistant Inspector General of Police, Zone 7, as the new Inspector General of Police in Nigeria.
The development came following the federal
Executive Council meeting presided over by
President Jonathan.
Abba was also a former Aide-de-Camp (ADC) to
Maryam Abacha.

https://m.facebook.com/AIT.AfricaIndependentTelevision?refid=28&_ft_=qid.6041981042937174401%3Amf_story_key.8877775022933928975&__tn__=C

OR
www.dailypost.ng/2014/07/30/jonathan-appoints-suleiman-abba-new-inspector-general-police/
a welcome development.
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Suleiman Abba New Inspector Genaral Of Police by shizzle11(m): 5:48pm On Jul 31, 2014
Congrats to him, lets see how h perfoms
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Suleiman Abba New Inspector Genaral Of Police by MRLANNISTER(m): 7:09pm On Jul 31, 2014
aryzgreat: GEJ why another aboki?

Ethnic bigots
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Suleiman Abba New Inspector Genaral Of Police by MRLANNISTER(m): 7:12pm On Jul 31, 2014
Just20: Congrats to him. Pray he will do more cos IG Abubakar really set the bar high.
List 3 achievements.... or cos he is a fine boy?
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Suleiman Abba New Inspector Genaral Of Police by ogoplus: 8:35pm On Jul 31, 2014
I will miss MD Abubakar.......

I still celebrate his directive to remove all illegal police check points from our roads...
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Suleiman Abba New Inspector Genaral Of Police by Toosure70: 8:38pm On Jul 31, 2014
doro trouble
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Suleiman Abba New Inspector Genaral Of Police by jaybee(f): 10:36pm On Jul 31, 2014
Brandomg:
You prefer a southern arne like you?

??

does the bolded connote something?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Appoints Suleiman Abba New Inspector Genaral Of Police by SenatorJames(m): 7:17pm On Aug 01, 2014
seunlayi: changing of I G is not what we want, what Nigerians want now is there stop if insurgency.
Sir, its due to MD Abubakar's retirement, and not under performance.

@topic. Congrats to Suleimon Abba and more greese to your elbow. The reporter really want to cause problem, for adding "he was former aide-de-camp (ADC) to Maryam Abacha" to his biography. What concern us with that.
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Suleiman Abba New Inspector Genaral Of Police by SenatorJames(m): 7:22pm On Aug 01, 2014
englishmart: How many IGP are we gonna have in less than 4years?
Most of them are always close to their retirement age before appointment.
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Suleiman Abba New Inspector Genaral Of Police by SenatorJames(m): 7:31pm On Aug 01, 2014
elklehamite: WHAT IS HAPPENNING NOW? HAS GOYERNMENT 4GOTTEN NSCDC(CIVIL DEFENCE)?
How?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Blame Obasanjo, Other Leaders For Nigeria’s Woes — SARAKI / U.S. Court Orders Bidemi Rufai To Pay $604,260, Forfeit Asset / President Tinubu Met With Representatives From Bank Of America In Aso Villa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.