Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

30th July, Wat A Day. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 30th July, Wat A Day. (866 Views)

FUNAAB Mano'war Recruitment Camp 25th Of July (Photos) / JAMB EXAM Currently Ongoing At Pti....wat A Country.? / Wat A Dilemma! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

30th July, Wat A Day. by inibro(m): 10:54am On Jul 31, 2014
30th July wasn't an ordinary day for me as I had an interview with an oil servicing firm in Ologbo in Benin city. Woke up early, dressed to kill, up to the extent the interviewer had to say " Boy you look damn good, how many people told you that this morning on your way here?" Anyway that's by the way side, to the main story.

After the interview, I went to my cousin's shop, took off my jacket and we were gisting about the state of the nation and the EBOLA wahala . It was raining heavily. Suddenly I heard a scream outside, looking out I saw a kid been washed away by erosion. He was inside the gutter moving with turbulent force. The water had so much force that it was using this boy to hit the edges of the gutter.

Adrenaline took full force as I dash out of the shop and ran down the street in a 'BLESSING OKAGBARIC' manner got to his front and dragged him out, as the water took him to where I stood. My suit, tie still hung on my neck and my shoes - a val gift from my gf were totally soaked. But the joy of saving a little boy who was just 4 - 5 yrs was totally worth it.

His Dad was contacted, he came to my cousin's shop drunk and was about beating the boy before he was held by people around. He was like: "the boy for die self, na me born am; wetin make am commot for house wey I rent for him useless mama; my tv dem don destroy finish, electric bulb wey I buy yesterday this useless boy don burst am for up; he for die, no be only am him mama born for me, for 3days him useless mama never greet me."

"Abasi mi" was my reaction as I never expected such a reaction from a father, who wanted his own son to die just to spite the mother. Later got to hear he was married to 3 wives plus his 'litter of children'.

Please men, a wife should be more that enough, having 3 - 4 kids should be too. Don't have more than you can take care of.

PS: I earnestly pray I jet the Job though.

2 Likes

Re: 30th July, Wat A Day. by weezii(m): 11:20am On Jul 31, 2014
Nice one bro. May God reward u for this act with that job I pray
Re: 30th July, Wat A Day. by inibro(m): 12:04pm On Jul 31, 2014
weezii: Nice one bro. May God reward u for this act with that job I pray

Amen, tnks Bro
Re: 30th July, Wat A Day. by jhydebaba(m): 12:22pm On Jul 31, 2014
What poverty can cause...

And as for ur heroics, only God can reward u. Forget about the drunk cheesy
Re: 30th July, Wat A Day. by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 31, 2014
Na wa o! Just when I thought I've heard the worst! shocked

The father was obviously oozing frustration and confusion.

It is well.
Re: 30th July, Wat A Day. by bonasera: 9:50pm On Jul 31, 2014
LoooooL, Blessing Okagbaric lmao

2 Likes

Re: 30th July, Wat A Day. by ennyj01(m): 12:49am On Mar 17
inibro:

Amen, tnks Bro

Hi inibro,

How are you doing?

I am Eniola by name. I am an engineering grad who sat for the ExxonMobil Graduate Engineer exam yesterday. I was going through the last graduate engineering recruitment thread of 2018/2019 if I can find any useful information for the second stage (after aptitude test), but I found nothing.

While scrolling, I saw you mentioned on the thread about receiving an invite for the second stage, the reason I am on this your old post reaching out.

Please I would be glad if you can assist me with any information that will be useful in the second stage based on your experience then. I know it is really a long time and as such might not remember anything from that event, but please if you do, please be kind enough to send me the information in the email address below, so I can start preparing. Thank you and God bless.

Email address: afolabibakare28@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

A Thread For Stammerers And Stutterers / EXPOSED: Why The Synagogue Building Collapsed – Military Expert 6 / Popular Dancer Kemi Omotoyinbo Dies During Child Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.