Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils (19785 Views)

Buhari Introduces His Grandchildren To Fayemi, Amaechi (Photo) / Rivers LG Poll: APC Leads In 22 Out Of 23 Councils / Governors Reject Autonomy For Local Government Councils (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by dedons: 3:46pm On Jul 31, 2014
K
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by kasheemawo(m): 3:48pm On Jul 31, 2014
this is unfair on the part of incumbent Gov undecided

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by myspnigeria: 3:49pm On Jul 31, 2014
Gobe for fayose
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by JideTheBlogger(m): 3:54pm On Jul 31, 2014
na now he dey wake up ba? smh**

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by bbello28(m): 3:54pm On Jul 31, 2014
weLdone fayemi grin. He has been strategizing since 19bc
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by winiwini: 3:58pm On Jul 31, 2014
WHENEVER I HEAR "EKITI"...I SHAKE MY HEAD.... I PITY THEM

khamas19:

...welldone Ekiti...as u make ur bed...so u lay on it..

smh

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by moyinoluwabun(m): 4:01pm On Jul 31, 2014
winiwini: WHENEVER I HEAR "EKITI"...I SHAKE MY HEAD.... I PITY THEM

why pity them and why do u av to shake ur head? U get meningitis?
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by smallvilletolu(m): 4:01pm On Jul 31, 2014
EKITI ALL D WAY #team_IrEpEkitiEKITI ALL D WAY #team_IrEpEkitiEKITI ALL D WAY #team_IrEpEkiti
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by Xfactoria: 4:03pm On Jul 31, 2014
Setting Fayose up for failure because if he reverses the creation of the LGs, the beneficiaries will rise against him.

The economics of it doesn't make sense. Those 19 additional LGs are going to start building secretariats and generating overheads.

5 Likes

Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by pat077: 4:03pm On Jul 31, 2014
he did this just to create problem for d next administration. If nt, why didn't he create d local govt b4 d election.

3 Likes

Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by drfk001(m): 4:06pm On Jul 31, 2014
This is a bad move IMO...although creating more LCDA brings the government closer to the people but in our country's version of democracy where the cost of running the government is high this moves becomes unnecessary. the LCDA chairmen and their wives are now automatic millionaires; money for the populace redirected to sustain them especially in a state like Ekiti with low internally generated revenue and high dependency on federal allocation.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by fiverrwin(f): 4:13pm On Jul 31, 2014
More local govt chairmen & co
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by eaglechild: 4:19pm On Jul 31, 2014
Ekiti wey small like football pitch na him this jweed dey divide.

4 Likes

Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 31, 2014
He is just trying to bankrupt the next government

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by nationwide24: 4:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
Haba Dr Fayemi! Has Ekiti State begun oil production? Last time I checked, Gov Fayemi was retrenching local council staff in his state as at 2012/13 on account of paucity of fund. Where is the source of the fund to run these new LGAs?

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by NgeneUkwenu(f): 4:29pm On Jul 31, 2014
20pounds: Since this is a creation of the Law(though illegal) Fayose should ignore the damn thing when he assumes office. Starve it of funds and watch it fizzle out. Afterall, we all know it is created as an avenue for embezzlement and 'shearing'.

You are still learning Nigerian politics. The bold was exactly why the LGs were created now. And if he went ahead to carry out your advise, he would be stoking a fire that may consume him sooner than later. grin

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by otalenu(m): 4:34pm On Jul 31, 2014
20pounds: Fayemi had four years to do the bidding of Ekiti people, but he chose to do the bidding of Lion of Bourdillon. He was voted out for non-performance, but his party called it 'stomach infrastructure'. Instead of him to retire peacefully and rue his days in office, in quiet solitude, he has decided to lay landmines for the incoming administration.

So much for the much touted 'gentleman'. These LGs that he created, on the request of 'Lagos', is going to cost him the little integrity he has from his democratic/gentleman pretensions.

Bitter politicians and sore losers are all over Nigeria, and this has been the bane of development in this country.

APC e Liars, how viable is Ekiti to sustain 35 LGs?

Not viable at all.

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by ultiliberty(m): 4:34pm On Jul 31, 2014
He shudn't hav done dat so dat he won't cause conflict in the polity to the succeeding administration...let the game on...

elbinmanny: The Ekiti State Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi, has signed into law a bill to create additional 19 local government council development areas in the state.

Speaking at the signing of the bill in Ado Ekiti, Governor Fayemi appealed to the incoming government not to see it as a political trap.

“This is not a political trap for anyone, I must say that. This is without prejudice to whatever transition arrangements that are being put in place because these are minimum irreducible demands of Ekiti people. What we have done is simply to fulfill the yearnings of our people, and we hope that succeeding administrations in the state will build on this effort”, the Governor explained.

He said the new local government areas will come into immediate effect in all the areas affected “following necessary assets sharing and the necessary implementation of administrative responsibility”.

The Governor expressed confidennce that the exercise would work in the interest of the people and that the bill would ensure equal justice for all citizens and residents of Ekiti State.

The Speaker of the state House of Assembly, Dr Adewale Omirin in his short remarks congratulated the members of House, stating that past governments which had attempted it failed.

Dr  Omirin, on his part said that the Ekiti State House of Assembly was the most productive House so far in the country, considering the fact that the House had passed into law, 64 bills in just 3 years.

With this development, the state now operates 35 local councils as there were only 16 before
http://www.channelstv.com/2014/07/31/fayemi-creates-additional-19-local-government-councils/

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by gramci: 4:35pm On Jul 31, 2014
Not surprised, Fayemi have always been a rogue.

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by IYANGBALI: 4:49pm On Jul 31, 2014
shadowwalker101: na wa oo 19 loun loun
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
so po ju ni?50 ma la nfe
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by IYANGBALI: 4:51pm On Jul 31, 2014
fiverrwin: More local govt chairmen & co
and more pounded yam and aso ebi
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by Adenugay(m): 4:52pm On Jul 31, 2014
shouldah say it's good job...?

Usain Bolt denies describing the Commonwealth Games as a bit sh*t >>> http://www..com/usain-bolt-denies-describing-commonwealth-games-bit-sht/
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by DKJaleel: 5:03pm On Jul 31, 2014
solaniyi86: Weldone Dr Fayemi. You have really tried. Very unlike the hegoat we have in sunshine state.
Lmao.. Morone.. The Ghana-must-go bags have stopped coming in thru ur back door abi??
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by jmaine: 5:04pm On Jul 31, 2014
The nauseating gimmick of Fayemi on display . . .

Fayemi is just deceiving himself into believing he is setting up traps for the incoming admin. When Fayose comes in, this DOA creations will be reconfigured to the status quo . . .

3 Likes

Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by texaco1: 5:11pm On Jul 31, 2014
HE should have allowed fayose to decide on this issue . What if fayose decides that he doesn't want these new local goverments? Well I wish them all the best
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by atlwireles: 5:13pm On Jul 31, 2014
I really don't understand why Nigeria as a country is inhabited by short term politicians. Almost 4 years of his administration, this idea was kept in his pocket. After a major election, where you lost in every local government area. The least this man would have done, was to respect the voters of Ekiti, by allowing the incoming administration make such a fundamental change.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by texaco1: 5:18pm On Jul 31, 2014
atlwireles: I really don't understand why Nigeria as a country is inhabited by short term politicians. Almost 4 years of his administration, this idea was kept in his pocket. After a major election, where you lost in every local government area. The least this man would have done, was to respect the voters of Ekiti, by allowing the incoming administration make such a fundamental change.
exactly my point, he has less than 8weeks yet he is making a very crucial decision as this. I know fayose will soon issue out a statement on this matter
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by ibkgab001: 5:24pm On Jul 31, 2014
PEncil=Eraser

Only for the wise
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by winiwini: 5:30pm On Jul 31, 2014
nope!

na the Ebola wey dem don contact dey make me pity them

moyinoluwabun: why pity them and why do u av to shake ur head? U get meningitis?
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 31, 2014
I just have few questions to ask.
Why did he not created it when he assumed office?
Why did he not consulted d governor elect before signing it into law? Since he said it is not politically motivated.
How much revenue is Ekiti state generating that made him to do such act?
My fellow nairalander when will politician stop been wicked?
Your excellency sir there is God ooooo.
Just note that you are noting but a failure and this act will set APC backward come 2015 presidential election.
I rest my case.
Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by isuomo: 5:43pm On Jul 31, 2014
Nairaland now so full of ignoramuses and illiterates!! no wonder a few people I know have stopped visiting really a shame because it didn't start out like this.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils by jamace(m): 5:50pm On Jul 31, 2014
Did I hear you say, creating more LG brings govt closer to the people in the Nigerian context? How many LG chairmen reside in their LGA? What developments have the existing LG chairmen brought to their area? As far as I'm concerned, Fayemi has created more looters for the Ekiti people. Most of the LG chairmen in Nigeria are kill and divide administrators. They create ghost workers to enable them loot indirectly by under paying the ghost workers and pocketing the bulk of the money.

LG has failed in its constitutional duties. Show me a LG chairman that is doing anything tangible in his area. They are vampires!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bayelsa Polls: 4 Killed In Oporoma As Ex-Militants, Others Open Fire On LG / Appeal Court Orders ‘status-quo’ In Abia Governorship Tussle / My Journey To Aso-rock Was Not Fruitful- Nans Zone B Cordinator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.