Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Nyako Might Be Right - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nyako Might Be Right (1364 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu: When Will DSS Arrest Junaid Muhammad, Nyako, BBC Hausa, Etc / Ex-Adamawa Governor, Murtala Nyako's Son Wanted By EFCC / Fmr Gov Of Adamawa, Nyako Shows Support For Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nyako Might Be Right by zeemo2007: 9:11am On Aug 01, 2014
I refer to Abimbola Adelakun’s article on the ouster of Governor Murtala Nyako of Adamawa State recently. Talking of Nyako’s purported memo to his counterparts in the North, permit me to quote the part of the article that warmed the cockle of my heart:

“Rather than merely shouting him down or discrediting him as a frustrated and petulant noisemaker, I thought some of his accusations were grievous enough to warrant at least a legislative hearing. He should have been made to prove his allegations and if he failed, subjected to appropriate punishment.”

I am truly happy that someone is sharing my line of thought in this regard. I have argued with some of my friends that an investigative panel should have been set up to look into the heavy allegations, against President Goodluck Jonathan, as a person.

Interestingly and curiously too, Jonathan has, till date, neither denied nor affirmed those allegations. He has not even spoken about them. He, rather than address the issues, sent his errant boys to criticise Nyako.   To me, this is not an issue that should be swept under the carpet.

It should be recalled that Nyako, a former Chief of Defence Staff, could not have sat down and fabricated all those weighty allegations, just the same way Chief Olusegun Obasanjo was not seen as someone who would have accused Jonathan of training 1,000 snipers.

With this gale of impeachment, harassment, and intimidation, I doubt if any Nigerian, who has any dossier on Mr. President, would be willing to volunteer such in the public.

Jonathan is currently on a prowl, and Nigerians are helplessly at his mercies.

I am truly happy that someone is sharing.
Re: Nyako Might Be Right by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 01, 2014
Nyako can never be right about anything on this earth. He is a horrible human being no matter what party he belonged to. I knew our democratic process was seriously flawed 8 years ago when it threw up Muritala Nyako as a leader. The semi-illiterate can barely speak English and covers up for it by being a despicable bully. Jonathan's enemies are his strength.

6 Likes

Re: Nyako Might Be Right by donphilopus: 9:21am On Aug 01, 2014
jerseyboy: Nyako can never be right about anything on this earth.

What's this one saying?!

2 Likes

Re: Nyako Might Be Right by zeemo2007: 9:33am On Aug 01, 2014
jerseyboy: Nyako can never be right about anything on this earth. He is a horrible human being no matter what party he belonged to. I knew our democratic process was seriously flawed 8 years ago when it threw up Muritala Nyako as a leader. The semi-illiterate can barely speak English and covers up for it by being a despicable bully. Jonathan's enemies are his strength.

Are you for real mister ? Why are we so ashame of saying truth and the obvious at all times .. Someone like you can never make a good a leader

5 Likes

Re: Nyako Might Be Right by talktimi(m): 9:53am On Aug 01, 2014
The jweed lamentations continue in a grand style grin The thieving old paedophile is a boko sponsor/supporter who's angry that his boys were being killed like nama by our gallant soldiers. The thief was impeached for being a thief and affirmed that Gej has no hand in his wahala. Why is it so difficult for you guys to live with it ? For once be on the side of the long suffering masses who he had been short changing instead of whining like frustrated fowls. Punch newspapers sef are supporter of APC sympathisers

5 Likes

Re: Nyako Might Be Right by zeemo2007: 10:00am On Aug 01, 2014
talktimi: The jweed lamentations continue in a grand style grin The thieving old paedophile is a boko sponsor/supporter who's angry that his boys were being killed like nama by our gallant soldiers.

Your case is pathetic, the story is quite clear, nobody is blaming GEJ or NYAKO

“Rather than merely shouting him down or discrediting him as a frustrated and petulant noisemaker, I thought some of his accusations were grievous enough to warrant at least a legislative hearing. He should have been made to prove his allegations and if he failed, subjected to appropriate punishment.”
Re: Nyako Might Be Right by jmaine: 10:17am On Aug 01, 2014
zeemo2007:

What kind of punishment if i may ask ?

1 Like

Re: Nyako Might Be Right by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 01, 2014
The letter carried weighty allegations which should be properly investigated. However, I am of the opinion that Nyako being a Fmr Service Chief should instead have directed the Letter to the DSS, Military, Police, Office of the Attorney General and The Presidency for investigation. He should have copied the Organized Media, United States of America, United Nations, ECOWAS, AFRICAN UNION and other relevant stakeholders. Writing such weighty letter to the Northern Governors is so highly inappropriate. What was his aim?
Re: Nyako Might Be Right by eph12(m): 10:49am On Aug 01, 2014
He tried to play politics with very sensitive information. Guess who got punked?

1 Like

Re: Nyako Might Be Right by funshybam(m): 10:05pm On Aug 01, 2014
This op is just krazy....shey na GEJ go convene the meeting? olodo
Re: Nyako Might Be Right by VICTOROCHEI: 10:38pm On Aug 01, 2014
Apc enough of this shiit ok.
Nyako is a criminal on the run! he should remain so because any day i see his dirty aboki leg in Nigeria i will personally charge him for treason

2 Likes

Re: Nyako Might Be Right by Descartes: 10:45pm On Aug 01, 2014
zeemo2007:

I advise you to take a course on Legislative duties instead of ranting over an already spilled Milk. cool
Re: Nyako Might Be Right by omenka(m): 12:12am On Aug 02, 2014
jerseyboy: Nyako can never be right about anything on this earth. He is a horrible human being no matter what party he belonged to. I knew our democratic process was seriously flawed 8 years ago when it threw up Muritala Nyako as a leader. The semi-illiterate can barely speak English and covers up for it by being a despicable bully. Jonathan's enemies are his strength.
And Jonathan's closest friends, advisers, and allies are his worst enemies!!

(1) (Reply)

Police War Against NSCDC Continues, Shoots Groom’s Sister, Disrupts NSCDC Offici / Nigeria Accent Is The 10th Sexiest English Accent In The World / The New Map Of Nigeria And The New Nigerian States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.