Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Why Wasn't Acting Governor Of Taraba State Garba Umar Recognized Like Others? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Wasn't Acting Governor Of Taraba State Garba Umar Recognized Like Others? (953 Views)

Gov .danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Casts Vote In Suntai Ward / PDP Affirms Garba Umar As Taraba Acting-Governor… / Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Wasn't Acting Governor Of Taraba State Garba Umar Recognized Like Others? by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 01, 2014
At the Victim Support Fund raising dinner last night, state governors like Rochas Okorocha of Imo, Adams Oshiomole of Edo, Jonah Jang of Plateau and two or three deputy governors present were specially recognized but Acting Governor of Taraba State, Garba Umar was not even while physically present. I saw the man shifting uncomfortably in his seat feeling embarrassed possibly while his colleagues were being recognized.
I assume perhaps the MC wasn't informed of his presence but then I could be wrong. Who knows why.
Re: Why Wasn't Acting Governor Of Taraba State Garba Umar Recognized Like Others? by Descartes: 9:41am On Aug 01, 2014
That's a good question cool
Re: Why Wasn't Acting Governor Of Taraba State Garba Umar Recognized Like Others? by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 01, 2014
Descartes: That's a good question cool
I felt for the guy really. You can imagine not being recognized in the midst of your colleagues. At a point I felt like snatching the mic from the MC to shout his name but of course I was over 700kms away from Abuja.
Re: Why Wasn't Acting Governor Of Taraba State Garba Umar Recognized Like Others? by Descartes: 9:59am On Aug 01, 2014
APContherun:
I felt for the guy really. You can imagine not being recognized in the midst of your colleagues. At a point I felt like snatching the mic from the MC to shout his name but of course I was over 700kms away from Abuja.
That's Dajuma factor,
They still see him as Deputy though,
But majority of the populace including the elites in the state and his party stalwarts see him as a 'traitor'. lipsrsealed
Re: Why Wasn't Acting Governor Of Taraba State Garba Umar Recognized Like Others? by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 01, 2014
Descartes:
That's Dajuma factor,
They still see him as Deputy though,
But majority of the populace including the elites in the state and his party stalwarts see him as a 'traitor'. lipsrsealed
Yeaa you could be right about the Danjuma's factor, I never thought of that you know? But frankly that guy is taking Taraba State 6 years back.
Re: Why Wasn't Acting Governor Of Taraba State Garba Umar Recognized Like Others? by Descartes: 10:12am On Aug 01, 2014
APContherun:
Yeaa you could be right about the Danjuma's factor, I never thought of that you know? But frankly that guy is taking Taraba State 6 years back.
Danjuma is a political godfather, angry
He determines who controls Taraba. cool
Re: Why Wasn't Acting Governor Of Taraba State Garba Umar Recognized Like Others? by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 01, 2014
Descartes:
Danjuma is a political godfather, angry
He determines who controls Taraba. cool
Not exactly so bro. He's a godfather somehow but none of his anointed sons like Obadiah Ando, Baba Adi etc have made it to the govt house in Jalingo. Nyame/Danbaba Suntai fought him to a standstill little wonder he doesn't have much pity for Suntai in his travails. He may still become the godfather he so wishes under Jonathan.
Re: Why Wasn't Acting Governor Of Taraba State Garba Umar Recognized Like Others? by Descartes: 10:33am On Aug 01, 2014
APContherun:
Not exactly so bro. He's a godfather somehow but none of his anointed sons like Obadiah Ando, Baba Adi etc have made it to the govt house in Jalingo. Nyame/Danbaba Suntai fought him to a standstill little wonder he doesn't have much pity for Suntai in his travails. He may still become the godfather he so wishes under Jonathan.

You're right though but he still calling the shots in Taraba state politics, tongue
Very tricky man, you still renember his dealings during the Military era cool
Re: Why Wasn't Acting Governor Of Taraba State Garba Umar Recognized Like Others? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:52am On Aug 01, 2014
APContherun: At the Victim Support Fund raising dinner last night, state governors like Rochas Okorocha of Imo, Adams Oshiomole of Edo, Jonah Jang of Plateau and two or three deputy governors present were specially recognized but Acting Governor of Taraba State, Garba Umar was not even while physically present. I saw the man shifting uncomfortably in his seat feeling embarrassed possibly while his colleagues were being recognized.
I assume perhaps the MC wasn't informed of his presence but then I could be wrong. Who knows why.
If you ask me, na who I go ask?
Ifa, Google, Okorocha, GEJ, APC, PDP or Dambaba Suntai?
Last Bullet

The man didn't know how to do notice me. Like standing up at intervals, openly greeting other state governors & important dignatries, adjusting his dress, cap or seat, calling on the waiters or service people there.
I v a Phd in gate-crashing parties, getting noticed & treated well at events.
Re: Why Wasn't Acting Governor Of Taraba State Garba Umar Recognized Like Others? by Descartes: 10:58am On Aug 01, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:
Last Bullet

The man didn't know how to do notice me. Like standing up at intervals, openly greeting other state governors & important dignatries, adjusting his dress, cap or seat, calling on the waiters or service people there.
You're right though, grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Why Wasn't Acting Governor Of Taraba State Garba Umar Recognized Like Others? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:13am On Aug 01, 2014
Descartes:
You're right though, grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Why Wasn't Acting Governor Of Taraba State Garba Umar Recognized Like Others? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 01, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:
Last Bullet

You funny guy but you are right.
Re: Why Wasn't Acting Governor Of Taraba State Garba Umar Recognized Like Others? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 01, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:
Last Bullet

You funny guy but you are right.

(1) (Reply)

United States To Test President Jonathan, Aides For Ebola / Northern Elthers Gives Condition To Support GEJ Re Election Bid / Ebola Scare In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.