Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

God Is An Atheist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is An Atheist (943 Views)

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Why I Am Not An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Is An Atheist by alpontif(m): 6:11pm On Oct 15, 2008
think well before you comment on this subject,follow the logic,not the sentiment.
Re: God Is An Atheist by AKO1(m): 8:14pm On Oct 15, 2008
Do you have any doubts that you exist

There is no logic to follow.

You contradict yourself in a most embarrassing manner.
Re: God Is An Atheist by Nimshi: 9:06pm On Oct 15, 2008
alpontif: the proposition is sure provocative.

But where's the logic? Do present it.
Re: God Is An Atheist by manmustwac(m): 10:53pm On Oct 15, 2008
alpontif:

think well before you comment on this subject,follow the logic,not the sentiment.
You mean God is imaginary, that he dosen't exist right?
Re: God Is An Atheist by IDINRETE: 8:35am On Oct 16, 2008
Re: God Is An Atheist by favcom(m): 10:58am On Oct 16, 2008
lipsrsealed
The Internet has given many people to say write type whatever junk they have in mind
Re: God Is An Atheist by alpontif(m): 2:41pm On Oct 22, 2008
if your God is not an atheist,what god does he believe in ?,what god does he serve?-to make my point clear i am not quastioning the existence of God,i am merely stating a fact.
Re: God Is An Atheist by pilgrim1(f): 2:57pm On Oct 22, 2008
alpontif:

-to make my point clear i am not quastioning the existence of God,i am merely stating a fact.

If you're merely stating a fact by not questioning the existence of God, where do we put your statement of making God an "atheist"?

alpontif:

if your God is not an atheist,what god does he believe in ?,what god does he serve?

Where's your God? Instead of pointing accusing fingers at others, why don't you say something about your own and let us read - afterall, you were not questioning the existence of God, abi?
Re: God Is An Atheist by KunleOshob(m): 3:27pm On Oct 22, 2008
@post
There are many mysteries about God which we as humans don't know. God is beyond human comprehension so don't even start beginning to ask questions which you assume are logical.
Re: God Is An Atheist by naijacutee(f): 3:47pm On Oct 22, 2008
The title of this thread would be in the least, idiotic with an explanation - not to speak of what it would be without an explanation.
Re: God Is An Atheist by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 22, 2008
God is a narcissist, which means he serves someone, HIMSELF. His is perfection spiritualised so, no matter in what directions he wants to look at he always ends up looking up to himself. He isn't an atheist as he is conscious of his divine nature, he knows he is god and by consequences is the master and and the servant at the same time. He is all in one. He can be anything.
Re: God Is An Atheist by alpontif(m): 8:04pm On Oct 22, 2008
the last comment by michel is one of the most precise statements i have ever come across and its a better explanation than my supposedly idiotic statement,apart from that it was presented in a very mature and straight forward manner,and to those who have been posting insultive messages,learn from this post.thank you once again michel,for educating me.
Re: God Is An Atheist by pilgrim1(f): 9:14pm On Oct 22, 2008
@alpontiff,

It's great that you came off learning something from this. Sometimes, not everyone will read your intentions any other way than you had presented it. You did not ask a question (Is God an atheist?), rather you stated your own conclusion (God IS an Atheist) even before you gave others the opportunity to weigh in on the matter! When you came back, your fingers were directly accusative (if your God is not an atheist. . ) - one wonders in all these if you were seeking to dialogue or had slammed the door in other people's faces before hearing them out.
Re: God Is An Atheist by naijacutee(f): 11:58pm On Oct 22, 2008
alpontif:

the last comment by michel is one of the most precise statements i have ever come across and its a better explanation than my supposedly idiotic statement,apart from that it was presented in a very mature and straight forward manner,and to those who have been posting insultive messages,learn from this post.thank you once again michel,for educating me.
Thank you, pilgrim. The boldness of the statement is suggestive of one who intends on stimulating a religious argument, not someone who is requesting "education". Sounds to mel like: "Snakes have four legs. Discuss". Such a topic is totally void of logic and contains abosutely nothing compelling enough to talk about. Sorry, poster if I'm coming across as harsh, but I can't identify any other reason or motivation behind such a topic. Maybe you should have worded it differently or expanded on your points.
Re: God Is An Atheist by manmustwac(m): 1:31am On Oct 24, 2008
michelin89:

God is a narcissist, which means he serves someone, HIMSELF. His is perfection spiritualised so, no matter in what directions he wants to look at he always ends up looking up to himself. He isn't an atheist as he is conscious of his divine nature, he knows he is god and by consequences is the master and and the servant at the same time. He is all in one. He can be anything.
So whats the point in praising him worshipping and paying our tithes when he dosen't look out for us or answer prayers then?
Re: God Is An Atheist by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 24, 2008
manmustwac:

So whats the point in praising him worshipping and paying our tithes when he dosen't look out for us or answer prayers then?

Why don't you ask the christians? I have just given an answer based on what a god is supposed to be.
Re: God Is An Atheist by alpontif(m): 4:36pm On Oct 25, 2008
we have to agree on something-if he is not an atheist,then he should be a narcissist,if not,what then is he?
Re: God Is An Atheist by Bastage: 5:55pm On Oct 25, 2008
if he is not an atheist,then he should be a narcissist

LMAO. Totally illogical.

Ever heard of "I think, therefore I am"?

God only has to believe in His own existence for him to not be an atheist. And that certainly doesn't make Him a narcissist.

I think, therefore I am. Does that make me a narcissist? grin
Re: God Is An Atheist by ceceee(f): 6:07pm On Oct 25, 2008
God does not necesserily have to believe in his own existence,he does not ave to prove his existence.cogito ergo sum is a persons view.the guy says he is not sure of his existence,there are so may counter arguments to his view.
Re: God Is An Atheist by naijacutee(f): 6:08pm On Oct 26, 2008
Thank you, Bastage. God is the creator, and therefore is unlike any other creature/idea we may conceive. We cannot class God, using the groups/ideas/philisophies with which we class ourselves. It is simply illogical. It's like a child trying to guess what colour of socks his father used to wear when he was his age. (Poor illustration, I know. . .) - He could study fashion history to see what was in vogue at the time, ask a friend etc but unless the father himself told him, then everything remains a guess. Again, I apologise for the poor illustration.

(1) (Reply)

What is your opinion of the Islamization of Spain? / Does God Have Feelings? / Ellen Degeneres' Jcpenny Ad: 666 Mark Of The Beast Symbolism?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.