Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Webmasters Let Us Discuss How To Make Clients Value Web Projects More - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Webmasters Let Us Discuss How To Make Clients Value Web Projects More (825 Views)

Webmasters Let's gain Followers On Twitter / N'land Webmasters, Let's Suggest A Secure Backup Host To Seun / Fellow Webmasters Let's Shareculate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Webmasters Let Us Discuss How To Make Clients Value Web Projects More by alchemist13: 2:23pm On Aug 01, 2014
This thread is created to address the lack of value clients have towards web design/development projects. For example a NLer complained that a client asked him to develop a web site for music downloads which can also accept payments all for 10k! 10K! Seriously!
The average cost of a web site in US, based on my research, is $1000 i.e N170,000. Even if we consider the difference in the economic strength of Nigeria and the US, at least the average cost of a website should be N80,000. In fact based on the requirements of the aforementioned music site, the project should cost at least N120,000.
I have been involved in web development for 4 years now and even I struggle with this. Please I would like to hear your ideas, and experiences.

1 Like

Re: Webmasters Let Us Discuss How To Make Clients Value Web Projects More by whithawk(m): 5:34pm On Aug 01, 2014
Wow.. Finally someone who shares my view. Recently my team was called up for a Web design contract. The client asked us to give them a breakdown of what it would cost (like step by step breakdown.. So annoying). Eventually we arrived at a price somewhat between 150 and 200grand. Guess what? These guys cried help like we were trying to rip them off. I just Cnt wrap around my head as to why they underestimate the process of Web development
Re: Webmasters Let Us Discuss How To Make Clients Value Web Projects More by Djtm(m): 6:12pm On Aug 02, 2014
That's because they can get it done cheaply elsewhere.
Re: Webmasters Let Us Discuss How To Make Clients Value Web Projects More by alchemist13: 9:45pm On Aug 03, 2014
Djtm: That's because they can get it done cheaply elsewhere.
But don't you think that does who are ready to accept very low price for a project are shooting themselves in the long run? Because when they want to step up their game, so to speak, they would also find it difficult to negotiate decent fees for projects due to others who can do it cheaply.
Re: Webmasters Let Us Discuss How To Make Clients Value Web Projects More by Djtm(m): 12:17am On Aug 04, 2014
alchemist13: But don't you think that does who are ready to accept very low price for a project are shooting themselves in the long run? Because when they want to step up their game, so to speak, they would also find it difficult to negotiate decent fees for projects due to others who can do it cheaply.
You have a point.
Re: Webmasters Let Us Discuss How To Make Clients Value Web Projects More by oprezy: 3:36am On Aug 04, 2014
I've written a complete tutorial on "HOW TO BOOST PC START~UP SPEED"
I our world of today,where everything is moving so fast,you can't afford to let your PC slow you down.
Learn how to take care of this mess by following the below link:

[Tutorials] How to boost PC startup time for slow-booting computers

(1) (Reply)

Urgently Needed! A Mini Site / Premium Extended Wordpress Theme / Hello All Nairaland Bloggers Come In And Check Out This Blog.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.