Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,266 members, 7,839,343 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Before You Retaliate, Calculate The Cost!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Before You Retaliate, Calculate The Cost!!! (599 Views)

Stop Xenophobic Attacks In 7 Days Or We Will Retaliate In Nigeria – NANS / Christian Youths Retaliate In Kaduna Killing Scores Of Muslims / Final Warning, Any Boko Haram Bomb Blast- We Igbo Christians Will Retaliate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before You Retaliate, Calculate The Cost!!! by priscaoge(f): 5:51pm On Aug 01, 2014
“People with understanding control their anger; a hot temper shows great foolishness.” (Proverbs 14:29 NLT)
You’re less likely to get angry when somebody’s pushing your buttons if you realize there’s always a price for returning anger for anger. The Bible is very specific about uncontrolled anger:
• Proverbs 29:22: “An angry person causes trouble; a person with a quick temper sins a lot” (NCV).
• Proverbs 15:18: “Hot tempers cause arguments” (GN).
• Proverbs 14:29: “A hot temper shows great foolishness” (NLT).
When you get angry, there is a cost: You’re going to get in trouble. You’re going to sin. You’re going to cause arguments. You’re going to make mistakes. When you lose your temper, you always lose, whether it’s respect, the love of your family, your health, or even your job. Maybe you use anger to motivate people to do the right thing. Don’t do it! In the short run, you may get the short-term payoff. But in the long run, anger always produces more anger, more apathy, and more alienation. Anger destroys relationships faster than anything else. So when someone starts pushing your buttons, before you retaliate, just ask yourself, “Do I really want to do this? Do I want to make mistakes? Do I want to sin more? Do I want to cause arguments? Do I want to act foolish?” Proverbs 14:29 says, “People with understanding control their anger; a hot temper shows great foolishness.” There is always a price for anger. Before you retaliate, calculate the cost.
Happy New Month Lovely People!!!

2 Likes

Re: Before You Retaliate, Calculate The Cost!!! by BoiledCorn: 5:57pm On Aug 01, 2014
Just incase
Re: Before You Retaliate, Calculate The Cost!!! by priscaoge(f): 5:59pm On Aug 01, 2014
BoiledCorn: Just incase
We begin share boiledcorn abi grin grin
Re: Before You Retaliate, Calculate The Cost!!! by Tallesty1(m): 6:21pm On Aug 01, 2014
You nailed it
Re: Before You Retaliate, Calculate The Cost!!! by BoiledCorn: 6:33pm On Aug 01, 2014
priscaoge:
We begin share boiledcorn abi grin grin
this abuse of corn must stop oo angry
Re: Before You Retaliate, Calculate The Cost!!! by DickDastardly(m): 6:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
kiss
For the one i .....
Re: Before You Retaliate, Calculate The Cost!!! by BoiledCorn: 6:51pm On Aug 01, 2014
DickDastardly: kiss
For the one i .....
dick how do I unban myself?
Re: Before You Retaliate, Calculate The Cost!!! by MizMyColi(f): 6:59pm On Aug 01, 2014
You’re less likely to get angry when somebody’s pushing your buttons if you realize there’s always a price for returning anger for anger. The Bible is very specific about uncontrolled anger

After reading the quote above, I had to copy and comment first.

God Bless You PriscaOge shocked

I will finish reading later.

Tallesty1, thank you for bringing me here.

Y'know I just replied someone who, if I hadn't applied self control, woulda been the first person I'd e-fight with. Having typed two replies, which believe me, are just as good as he served.......

I stopped to pause and think. Your post describes in different words, exactly what I was thinking.

I admit that I didn't think thoroughly before I made the post that got me insulted [T'was what came to mind at first] but the insults were just tooo much.

I remembered my Siggy too.

Now seeing, this post, I feel happy and relieved that I didn't retaliate in anger......It's funny, but I've observed that offering people forgiveness even when they don't deserve it has this lifting and peace it gives to the forgiver and forgiven's soul, which is how I feel now. cheesy cheesy smiley

Thanks again.

Now let me go back and finish reading your post wink

grin

2 Likes

Re: Before You Retaliate, Calculate The Cost!!! by DickDastardly(m): 7:00pm On Aug 01, 2014
BoiledCorn: dick how do I unban myself?
How much?
Re: Before You Retaliate, Calculate The Cost!!! by priscaoge(f): 9:19am On Aug 02, 2014
BoiledCorn: this abuse of corn must stop oo angry
Na u de murder d corn for ur moniker cheesy cheesy
Re: Before You Retaliate, Calculate The Cost!!! by Keky(m): 9:32am On Aug 02, 2014
Nice write up Prisca

1 Like

Re: Before You Retaliate, Calculate The Cost!!! by priscaoge(f): 6:33pm On Aug 02, 2014
Keky: Nice write up Prisca
Thanks Swt kiss

(1) (Reply)

The 10 Countries That Kills For Religion / What If... You Are Wrong?.... / "What Is A Proverb In The Bible?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.