Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,579 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Ghana Bans Flights From Nigeria, Sierra Leone, And Liberia Over Ebola Concerns - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ghana Bans Flights From Nigeria, Sierra Leone, And Liberia Over Ebola Concerns (510 Views)

Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug / Why All The Fuss Over Ebola Outbreak? Why Are We Afraid? A Nairalander's View / Flights From Benin City To Abuja! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana Bans Flights From Nigeria, Sierra Leone, And Liberia Over Ebola Concerns by ffo(m): 6:15pm On Aug 01, 2014
Ghana has officially banned flights from four West African countries, citing concerns about the rapid spread of the Ebola virus, which has claimed over 600 lives.

Health workers teach people about the Ebola virusHealth workers teach people about the Ebola virus Charles Asare, Managing Director of the Ghana Airport Company, said the measure was part of a set of emergency management plans officials are rolling out to combat the spread of the virus. The affected countries include Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia, and Nigeria.

The government there has also implemented strict restrictions on the movement and management of Liberian refugees in camps in the country.

Health Minister, Kwaku Agyeman-Mensah, urged Ghanaians to bear with the government as they work to contain the virus.

"Preparedness is not an event but a process," he said.

source: http://saharareporters.com/2014/08/01/ghana-bans-flights-nigeria-sierra-leone-and-liberia-over-ebola-concerns
Re: Ghana Bans Flights From Nigeria, Sierra Leone, And Liberia Over Ebola Concerns by DickDastardly(m): 6:20pm On Aug 01, 2014
I strongly commend Ghana for this move!
I also condemn Nigeria in its strongest terms for waiting till its too late to wake up.
cool
Re: Ghana Bans Flights From Nigeria, Sierra Leone, And Liberia Over Ebola Concerns by Arosam(m): 6:20pm On Aug 01, 2014
Really
Re: Ghana Bans Flights From Nigeria, Sierra Leone, And Liberia Over Ebola Concerns by Emmyk(m): 6:57pm On Aug 01, 2014
DickDastardly: I strongly commend Ghana for this move!
I also condemn Nigeria in its strongest terms for waiting till its too late to wake up.
cool
Seconded
Re: Ghana Bans Flights From Nigeria, Sierra Leone, And Liberia Over Ebola Concerns by corisande: 7:14pm On Aug 01, 2014
ok oh
And nigeria will not ban
na to do fever test on arrival for passengers from ebola countries.
God go helep us!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Man Kills Lover In Lagos, Flees To Ghana / Osoba’s Residence Defaced By Unknown Group / I Have Two Or Three Years To Live –pope Francis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.