Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,099 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Pastor E.A. Adeboye Humuliated Over 419 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor E.A. Adeboye Humuliated Over 419 (13094 Views)

Pastor E.A Adeboye Is A Murderer – Kemi Olunloyo / Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death / Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor E.A. Adeboye Humuliated Over 419 by showbobo(m): 8:01pm On Oct 15, 2008
I think this is just the height of it all. . . . . 

General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye has given details of a humiliating experience he was once subjected to at an international airport while visiting a foreign country.

The respected cleric narrated how he was given a thorough search at the airport as soon as he tendered his Nigerian passport, saying the immigration officials became more suspicious of him when he claimed to be a pastor from Nigeria.
Pastor Adeboye, who spoke with a team from Zero Corruption, a magazine published by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), lamented that corruption has virtually destroyed the image of Nigerians outside the country, regretting that most foreigners now regard all Nigerians as fraudsters.
Said he:

“The moment they heard that I am a pastor, that’s when they decided that the search must be thorough. In fact, they told me that I must preach a sermon! They asked me the last time I preached; I said last Sunday. They asked for the topic, I gave them. What was the theme? I gave them. What was the Bible passage? I gave them.

“At the end, they apologized, saying, ‘in your case, you are genuine. We have caught Nigerians who say they are pastors but who are fake. We have seen people who travelled with what is supposed to be a Bible and inside they had cut off a portion of it and put in drugs.’ In a situation like that you find the innocent suffering because of the misdeeds of a handful of people.”

The man of God linked the alarming growth of corruption in the Nigerian society to the collapse of family ethos as well as the debasement of teachers by the government. “Teachers used to be honourable people but we debased them,” he observed. “We must do something to bring the teachers back to the position of honour that they were before things can begin to go right.”
He also regretted government’s seizure of schools from religious institutions, saying the forceful take-over has contributed to the current rot in the society.

His words: “The church used to be the educator. All the schools were run by missions, at least most of them. Only few were government colleges, like King’s College. In the olden days, in the morning, before you go to classes, you pray, somebody in the school will say a word or two about God. But they threw God out of schools when they took the schools away from the missionaries. The children come to church once a week now, but they are in school five days a week. If we really want things to get back to normal, we have to restore things the way they were in the olden days.

“When we talk about the family also failing, in the olden days, many a time the father would earn enough to feed the entire family. Now, papa would work, mama must work, so there is little time left for parents to look after their children. So when we are looking at corruption as a very big monster, it has several roots and we must go to the root of it, not just cut off the branches and expect that the end of the story will come. We must go deep.”

Adeboye also reiterated that Nigeria would eventually become a great country that would be envied by the rest of the world, even as he advised Nigerians to be optimistic about the future. “I know what God told me that a day is coming that the same people who are ill-treating us abroad when they see the Nigerian passport, they will want to touch you because they would have been convinced beyond doubt that God is in Nigeria. It doesn’t look like it now, but that is what is going to happen,” he affirmed.

http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2008/oct/15/national-15-10-2008-003.htm

Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Humuliated Over 419 by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:13pm On Oct 15, 2008
E ya ekpele oh no be them holy pass
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Humuliated Over 419 by TV01(m): 9:21pm On Oct 15, 2008
I am just putting the finishing touches to a scanner that will detect false doctrine! Soon to be deployed by border agencies and immigration officers worldwide. grin!
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Humuliated Over 419 by JeSoul(f): 9:24pm On Oct 15, 2008
TV01:

I am just putting the finishing touches to a scanner that will detect false doctrine! Soon to be deployed by border agencies and immigration officers worldwide. grin!
hehe . . . please let me know when it is on sale grin. I have no doubt it will come in handy . . .
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Humuliated Over 419 by chessguru(m): 9:47pm On Oct 15, 2008
@post
we must all fight for the integrity of nigeria
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Humuliated Over 419 by showbobo(m): 10:06am On Oct 16, 2008
TV01:

Good one. . . . I'm sure it would detect you first cheesy
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Humuliated Over 419 by Seun(m): 10:23am On Oct 16, 2008
I think it's a wonderful thing for a pastor to experience what his church members are experiencing, too.
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Humuliated Over 419 by favcom(m): 10:38am On Oct 16, 2008
Seun:

I think it's a wonderful thing for a pastor to experience what his church members are experiencing, too.
Not quite agree with that. The whole thing is just saddening sad
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Humuliated Over 419 by skfa1: 11:43am On Oct 16, 2008
chessguru:

@post
we must all fight for the integrity of nigeria

Yes we must. Infact I use to pray for Nigeria everyday.
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Humuliated Over 419 by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 16, 2008
@All

For Nigeria to become a better place

Our leaders must Inculcate the right attitude

And put square pegs in square holes

Then i'm sure our dear nation will regain its lost glory!

@seun

What are you driving at?
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Humuliated Over 419 by osrii: 3:01pm On Oct 16, 2008
we must all fight for the integrity of nigeria.
Agressively.
yes,i agree wit u.
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Humuliated Over 419 by osrii: 3:04pm On Oct 16, 2008
@All
For Nigeria to become a better place

Our leaders must Inculcate the right attitude

And put square pegs in square holes

Then i'm sure our dear nation will regain its lost glory!

@seun.

meaning a misfit,what do u mean
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Humuliated Over 419 by anonimi: 4:17pm On Oct 16, 2008
showbobo:

I think this is just the height of it all. . . . . 

In a situation like that you find the innocent suffering because of the misdeeds of a handful of people.”

someone should remind him that 140m people are in darkness  & unemployed because his close friend, OBJ used our $16b to purchase blackout.

showbobo:

He also regretted government’s seizure of schools from religious institutions, saying the forceful take-over has contributed to the current rot in the society.

His words: “The church used to be the educator. All the schools were run by missions, at least most of them. Only few were government colleges, like King’s College. In the olden days, in the morning, before you go to classes, you pray, somebody in the school will say a word or two about God. But they threw God out of schools when they took the schools away from the missionaries. The children come to church once a week now, but they are in school five days a week. If we really want things to get back to normal, we have to restore things the way they were in the olden days.

anyone knows how much fees charged in RCCG schools vis-a-vis average salary today compared to how much mission schools charged "in the olden days" compared to average salaries 40-30 years ago? can someone please lead by example here? how many of RCCG pastors can send their kids to RCCG schools based on the salaries paid by the church? or maybe only rich kids need God in their schools today?

showbobo:

“When we talk about the family also failing, in the olden days, many a time the father would earn enough to feed the entire family. Now, papa would work, mama must work, so there is little time left for parents to look after their children. So when we are looking at corruption as a very big monster, it has several roots and we must go to the root of it, not just cut off the branches and expect that the end of the story will come. We must go deep.”

when was the last time you heard in RCCG (or other naija pentecostals) any sermon about the morality of paying a decent & timely living wage to workers rather than just amassing wealth and displaying it to get the attention of the church leader?

Spot any similarities between MoGs and politicians?
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Humuliated Over 419 by anonimi: 5:38pm On Nov 30, 2008
anonimi:

anyone knows how much fees charged in RCCG schools vis-a-vis average salary today compared to how much mission schools charged "in the olden days" compared to average salaries 40-30 years ago? can someone please lead by example here? how many of RCCG pastors can send their kids to RCCG schools based on the salaries paid by the church? or maybe only rich kids need God in their schools today?

I thought at least one of the 266,653 Nland members could give the fees paid in RCCG schools by now
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Humuliated Over 419 by MsSophista(f): 12:33pm On May 31, 2011
showbobo:

Adeboye also reiterated that Nigeria would eventually become a great country that would be envied by the rest of the world, even as he advised Nigerians to be optimistic about the future. “I know what God told me that a day is coming that the same people who are ill-treating us abroad when they see the Nigerian passport, they will want to touch you because they would have been convinced beyond doubt that God is in Nigeria. It doesn’t look like it now, but that is what is going to happen,” he affirmed.

Although I'm an AA residing in the US, I believe this shall happen! God's promises always seem contradictory when looking a the process. There are many examples in the bible from Genesis to Revelation where God gave promises and it seemed like all hell broke loose and events took placed that seemed to contradict those promises. For example, Noah and the Ark, David as King, Abraham going the the promised land, Joseph and his brothers/father bowing to him, Jesus the Son of God reigning, and on and on. Even in my own life, I have testimony of this. So what is it going to take Nigeria and Afican nation?
1. if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicales 7:14
2. Casting down and destroying all idols in the land

TO GOD ALONE BE THE GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Humuliated Over 419 by MsSophista(f): 12:49pm On May 31, 2011
ALSO, I AM SURE THERE IS CORRUPTION ON EVERY LEVEL (POLITICALLY AND SPIRITUALLY, ETC.). WE ALSO DEAL WITH IT IN THE U.S. I TRULY HATE THE GREED AND THE UNCARING HEARTS FOR THE PEOPLE SUFFERING IN AFRICA. THE HUNGER, LACK OF ACCESS TO GOOD PUBLIC EDUCATION FOR ALL, HEALTH, ETC.

ON THE OTHER HAND, I BELIEVE IF PEOPLE WOULD RALLY TOGETHER MAYBE THIS COULD CHANGE.

IT REMINDS ME OF HOW IN THE 60s PEOPLE LIKE MARTIN LUTHER KING AND OTHERS RALLIED TOGETHER TO PUT AN END TO RACISM AND LAW-BASED RACISM, IT WAS A BATTLE BUT CHANGES DID TAKE PLACE. THOUGH WE STILL HAVE FAR TO GO AND UNEMPLOYMENT IS MORE THAN 2X WHITES HERE, WE ARE STILL ABLE TO EAT AND ATTEND GOOD SCHOOLS FOR THE MOST PART. MARTIN LUTHER KING EMPHASIZED PEACE. FRAUDULENT PRACTICES/STEALING BY DECEPTION IS NOT THE ANSWER. SOMEBODY MUST BE BOLD TO STAND FOR GETTING NEEDS MET IN THE APPROPRIATE MANNER. OR AM I SPEAKING IN IGNORANCE OR GIBBERISH?

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakilome / An Open Letter To The Church: How The Church Can Make The World A Better Place / Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.