Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Can You Employ A Stranger Over Your Relative? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can You Employ A Stranger Over Your Relative? (543 Views)

Privatisation: NITEL, MTEL To Employ 10,000 Nigerians – NATCOM / FG May Employ Jobless Graduates As Teachers – Ngige / Can You Employ A Deaf Man As Your Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Employ A Stranger Over Your Relative? by LaurelP(m): 9:16pm On Aug 01, 2014
You're the hiring manager of your company and you receive applications including that of your brother or sister. But you discover that your relative is not really qualified for the job.
Can you disqualify your brother/sister and hire a qualified stranger
Dat is can u follow d strict procedure or bend to favour ur relative?

Pls be very honest
Re: Can You Employ A Stranger Over Your Relative? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 01, 2014
Stranger will get hired when qualified no need to bend any rule for anybody but where I'm the HR manager and my folk is coming on board , I wonder how stranger is gonna be more qualified than my own !!!

1 Like

Re: Can You Employ A Stranger Over Your Relative? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 01, 2014
well, it might depend on a number of factors.
Can the said relative get on the job training without affecting the organizational goals?
is the relative teachable and a fast learner?
if not, a stranger might just be the best hire in the long run.##IMO
Re: Can You Employ A Stranger Over Your Relative? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 01, 2014
@OP
if you value your biz then the only person who should get the job is the MOST QUALIFIED one...... any smart businessman knows that, any person who CARES for his business knows that. someone who got a job because they are a family member wont value that job as others would...... especially if they have the false sense of self entitlement that most family members would have.

having a family member (or anyone) destroy all your hardwork because of their incompetence should be against the law and punishable by heavy flogging (for whoever employed that person)

(1) (Reply)

Who Knows Angela Finance/rummy Matt / Shop Assistant Wanted / British Counsil Venue Staff Lets Meet Here To Discuss Way Forward

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.