Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,264 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

What Do You Think Of Eritrea? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Do You Think Of Eritrea? (1533 Views)

Do You Think The Fufu Nation Will Unite Against Somalia,ethiopia,eritrea,djibout / What Do Africans Think Of Black Americans? / You Don't Look African? What's Do You Think Of It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think Of Eritrea? by EriSaho: 1:28pm On Aug 02, 2014
Hello my friends.

You know, most of the people outside Africa (especially in the West) never heard of the tiny country. sad

So, I'm just wondering whether if Western and Central African fellas actually know what Eritrea is like.

Do you know the country by just the name or the people?

I would like to hear your response.

Greets, from Eri mate.
Re: What Do You Think Of Eritrea? by MANGAM(m): 1:44pm On Aug 02, 2014
I know a bit abt the counry in Eastern Africa close to the India ocean and how they fought with ethiopia to breakaway and the bitter rivary that exist btw the two nations. The capital is Asmara and Eritrea used to be the youngest country in Africa b4 the emergence of Southern Sudan

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Eritrea? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 02, 2014
I read their women are one of the most beautiful set in Africa

True?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Eritrea? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 02, 2014
I know nothing more.
You could educate us, Eri mate.

Bit of us are willing to learn.
Re: What Do You Think Of Eritrea? by MANGAM(m): 1:54pm On Aug 02, 2014
I forgot, there women are something else
Largas: I read their women are one of the most beautiful set in Africa

True?
Re: What Do You Think Of Eritrea? by EriSaho: 3:53pm On Aug 02, 2014
Largas: I know nothing more.
You could educate us, Eri mate.

Bit of us are willing to learn.
It has 9 tribes with different languages and the main language are Tigrinya and Arabic. Our culture is similar to Ethiopia.

It was ruled and influenced by Abyssinian Empire, the Arabs, Ottoman then Italy and again Ethiopian Kingdom but shortly after, we fought 30 years to get our independence and earned it.
Re: What Do You Think Of Eritrea? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 02, 2014
EriSaho:
It has 9 tribes with different languages and the main language are Tigrinya and Arabic. Our culture is similar to Ethiopia.

It was ruled and influenced by Abyssinian Empire, the Arabs, Ottoman then Italy and again Ethiopian Kingdom but shortly after, we fought 30 years to get our independence and earned it.
What challenges have you after the civil war?
Re: What Do You Think Of Eritrea? by htconeline: 6:00pm On Aug 02, 2014
Hope this is not dat zoomali troll masquerading as eritrea.
Re: What Do You Think Of Eritrea? by EriSaho: 6:02pm On Aug 02, 2014
Largas:
What challenges have you after the civil war?
There was no civil war, it was between Eritrea and Ethiopia.

I'm not sure what you meant, mind explaining again?

Thanks.
Re: What Do You Think Of Eritrea? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 02, 2014
EriSaho: There was no civil war, it was between Eritrea and Ethiopia.

I'm not sure what you meant, mind explaining again?

Thanks.
When you lots broke away from Ethiopia?
What was Eritrea like?

What problems/hardships did you face?
And how was the feeling of a new independent country like?
Re: What Do You Think Of Eritrea? by EriSaho: 6:20pm On Aug 02, 2014
Largas:
When you lots broke away from Ethiopia?
What was Eritrea like?

And how was the feeling of a new independent country like?
Unfortunately, there was no freedom after we got our independence in a long 30 years war. You don't wanna know what our current president (Isaias Afewerki) is doing to our people and the country, such a failure but not every rulers is perfect.

There was a repetitive protest outside the country and opposition groups existence (mostly ELF) but it takes no effect on the ground so who knows when freedom will come or not in the future. We all hope he'll be replaced by someone much better.
Re: What Do You Think Of Eritrea? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 02, 2014
EriSaho: Unfortunately, there was no freedom after we got our independence in a long 30 years war. You don't wanna know what our current president (Isaias Afewerki) is doing to our people and the country, such a failure but not every rulers is perfect.

There was a repetitive protest outside the country and opposition groups existence (mostly ELF) but it takes no effect on the ground so who knows when freedom will come or not in the future. We all hope he'll be replaced by someone much better.
Hmmmmmm
democracy is surely the best for every country that loves development.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Eritrea? by EriSaho: 6:29pm On Aug 02, 2014
Largas:
democracy is surely the best for every country that loves development.
Indeed!

(1) (Reply)

Where Africans still Miserable Before The White Man Came? / TORAH SAYS TERAH is OBATALA, ABRAM is ORUNMILA(TRUE IDENTITY OF THE YORUBA RACE) / Re: Ilaro - Pahayi (ogun State) People On Board Let's Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.