Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Creative 2d Freelancer, Real Deals Are Here For You. - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Creative 2d Freelancer, Real Deals Are Here For You. (1841 Views)

2d Animaton Learning Thread / 2d/3d Art Gallery / 2d Traditional/Classical Animation Corner. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Creative 2d Freelancer, Real Deals Are Here For You. by CGKing(m): 7:40am On Oct 16, 2008
Hello guys, we are looking for 2D creative freelancers with the skill to produce world class illustrations and or animations to join
a global team of CG artists. The ability to create your own original style, ideas and characters will be very appreciated and your style should be of Disney, pixar or Marvel standard.

Artists with animation skills will no doubt be preffered, working arrangement is very flexible and convenient. Benefits can be good enough to
to worth your quality. Please drop a sample or two of your style here.
Re: Creative 2d Freelancer, Real Deals Are Here For You. by OKX(m): 8:03pm On Oct 16, 2008
DUDE, ARTISTS WITH THE SKILLS U MENTIONED WILL WANT TO KNOW WHY THEY SHOULD BOTHER CONTACTING U.

WHO IS 'WE'?
WHAT GLOBAL TEAM OF CG ARTISTS?
WHAT 'BENEFITS' WORTH THE QUALITY?

IF U ASK TO SEE SPECIFIC SAMPLES, U SHOULD EXTEND THE COURTESY WITH SPECIFIC INFO.
GUYS WITH DISNEY, PIXAR OR MARVEL STYLE ARE VERY BUSY, AND NOT PARTICULARLY DESPERATE FOR WORK, AND VALUE THEIR TIME.

SO,
Re: Creative 2d Freelancer, Real Deals Are Here For You. by CGKing(m): 10:12pm On Oct 17, 2008
Hi OKX,

Why does it feel like you are , upset? I think I understand. There may have been losts of posts like this
that didnt survive the following morning. But dont worry, I am not that selfish. I will never raise expectations of
people for nothing. And try to speak for yourself alone, try not to sheperd the thoughts of others.

Be open about the way you perceive things, I never implied anything about anyone being hungry.
That would be a very bad presentation of myself. This request has already received responses from some CG portals.

To clear things up, i am part of a soon to be unveiled New Media Studio and we need more 2d professinals
to help with projects required for the launch of the company sometime next year. We are introducing a recruitment
program that allows freelancers to join us on contract especially from indian and hopefully China. Basically, we need
reachable and reliable hands and my coming here is a subset of this program.

Going by past experiences, I am not sure we would be needing the services of the very busy artists. The company needs freelancers that can be
available when needed, one whom can be relied on upon call.

Because this introduction may have some sensitivity, I am not sure I will be allowed to make further details available at this moment.
As I said, work and pay is flexible and all these details will be determined on interview. Since all applicants are independent
contractors, they should be able to determine their pay.
Re: Creative 2d Freelancer, Real Deals Are Here For You. by KalEl1: 1:43am On Oct 19, 2008
@CGKing
i might be interested but like OKX said you have to be a little more specific about your proposal.
Re: Creative 2d Freelancer, Real Deals Are Here For You. by CGKing(m): 8:49am On Oct 19, 2008
Hi Kal El,

Thanks for your response, Except there is something I missed I am certain I
said all you and I require to kick off with the deals. However, if there is something
not clear, I will be glad to answer any questions you have.

This is straight forward. For some of the contracts we have begun treating, we were able to
see the profiles of artists, their art works and contacts on portals such as CG Society. But we
think it would be less expensive to have physically reachable members. If you can give us a
preview of your works here or on any other portal like CG Society, as far as you are good and are
in Nigeria or west africa, we will contact you.

From there, we intimate you with the details relevant to you, discuss the terms of our work and proceed.
You may choose to come over to our office anytime to use our facilities during the time we are engaged or
work on your own from your office providing you have the tools and agree with our terms.

There is so much to say and it would be best you meet our officers in charge to work everything out.
Re: Creative 2d Freelancer, Real Deals Are Here For You. by OKX(m): 2:30pm On Oct 19, 2008
@CG
UPSET? NOT AT ALL. JUST REACTING TO UR WORDING.

IF U WANT NEWBIES WITH POTENTIAL SKILLS- THEN UR POST IS IN ORDER, BUT IF U WANT SKILLS OF MARVEL, PIXAR STANDARD, THEN U ARE TALKING ABT A CONFIDENT GROUP THAT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE WORTH AND WHO DESERVE TO KNOW SOME OF THE KIND OF DETAILS THAT U SUBMITTED IN UR SUBSEQUENT POSTS.

I NEVER IMPLIED THE WORD 'HUNGRY', INFACT U USED IT. I SAID 'DESPERATE', AND IN MY OPINION UR POST WOULD ONLY ATTRACT THE DESPERATE.
WHY WOULD I HOOK UP WITH U N DROP A SAMPLE OF MY IDEAS FOR MINIMAL INFO?

BUT BRO, I AINT UPSET WITH U. I JUST SAY IT AS I FEEL IT.
MY BAD- IF I UPSET U.

PS.
GOOD ARTISTS ARE ALWAYS VERY BUSY! THEY CREATE TIME FOR INTERESTING/CHALLENGING WORK, BUT THEY ARE ALWAYS VERY BUSY.
Re: Creative 2d Freelancer, Real Deals Are Here For You. by CGKing(m): 11:14pm On Oct 20, 2008
Every talented person is busy of no doubt, but there is nothing wrong in giving any kind of
opportunity a try. I do that alot. I guess its in Naija that you find this kind of mindset.
I contacted one of the best designers I ever saw in Texas from his website. He was not
only interested but as we got talking, he said he could even be available to teach me 3d. Although,
he admited he may not be able to respond quickly.

Anyway we will get what we want eventually, I wish i could post a submission of one Naija guy
who put in for this enrolment. Excellent masterpiece, you'd think it came out of this country. He was the
reason I decided to come to nairalland.

This one is mine, I am better than this though, I did this in about 4 hours. I wasnt really serious about it
I guess, I also had a full table. And the color looks funny here cos I did it in CYMK.

Re: Creative 2d Freelancer, Real Deals Are Here For You. by OKX(m): 8:59am On Oct 21, 2008
@ CG'
THIS IS MY LAST POST ON THE SUBJECT- I HATE DRAGGING ISSUES, AND I DO SO JUST TO CORRECT AN IMPRESSION.

ONE GIVES ONLY 'SERIOUS' OPPORTUNITIES A TRY, IF U GIVE 'ANY KIND' OF OPPORTUNITY A TRY, THEN ULL NEVER GET ROUND TO DOING ANY SERIOUS WORK.
U ASSESS/VERIFY THE OPPORTUNITY BASED ON THE INFO CONTAINED THEREIN.

ALL I WAS SAYING WAS THAT U DIDNT GIVE ENOUGH INFO TO ATTRACT THE KIND OF PPL U NEED. (MY OPINION, MIND)
THE TEXAN RESPONDED COS U CONTACTED HIM, NOT THE OTHER WAY ROUND. AND U ADMIT THAT U GOT TALKING- THATS INFO DISSEMINATION BRO.

MINDSET?
DUDE, U DONT EVEN KNOW WHERE I AM. ITS NOT A NAIJA THING, ANYONE WHO HAS ANY SERIOUS SKILL KNOWS THE VALUE OF TIME, AND DOESNT WASTE IT ON 'ANY KIND' OF OPPORTUNITY, AS U SAY.

SUCH POSTS AS URS ARE A DIME A DOZEN, ITS THE NATURE/QUALITY OF THE INFO CONTAINED THAT SEPARATES THE 'TALKERS' AND 'EXPLOITERS' FROM THE 'SERIOUS'

NUFF SAID ON THE SUBJECT.

NICE WORK WITH THE ARCHER!
Re: Creative 2d Freelancer, Real Deals Are Here For You. by maxani: 3:49pm On Oct 21, 2008
CGking, I'm interested. I'll send a little something from my animation reel and charcater design.
Did you say" Disney standard? , well, I hope you are ready to provide "Disney standard" work environment and renumeration (lol) . What sort of project are we looking at here? Fell free to drop me a line or two on jonnitax@yahoo.com
Re: Creative 2d Freelancer, Real Deals Are Here For You. by xothermik(m): 8:00pm On Oct 21, 2008
i mus say i kinda feel okx a bit cuz there hav been countless offers here that never saw the light of day.out of the offers on this forum, 98% are propelld by amerteurish enthusiasm and lead nowhere.if this was a tv or internet add. it wud hav been different. and quite frankly he's right this post is not motivating enough. howeva i seem to want to perceive a hint of seriousness in u and might actually b intrested. send me a mail so i can reach u and we'll see. i dont like haggling buisness on a public forum. sagircarp@yahoo.com
Re: Creative 2d Freelancer, Real Deals Are Here For You. by Nobody: 11:36pm On Oct 21, 2008
I'll have to put my website in order first cos my portfolio is looking very crappy right now, none of my current designs have been uploaded there yet.
Re: Creative 2d Freelancer, Real Deals Are Here For You. by CGKing(m): 8:22am On Oct 22, 2008
Okay, Okay, Okay OKX, smiley
I am sure you are an excellent artist, a very busy one too and you are not interested.
We can't have all the best artists. Okay, let's move on. cheesy Thanks for your kind comment, yes. smiley

@ xothermik,
Hi, seen you powerful works before now. I have said before If there were any questions about this topic,
I would be glad to answer them. I believe I have given more info than is usually done in the Guardian:
It's a studio inspiring to be like Pixar and Disney; we need 2d creative freelancers to help with key projects
required to launch the studio, I wish you would reread the posts.

Meanwhile by end of October, I am sure decisions would have been made and this program would be wrapped up.

@ Chukwuemeka,
You are an excellent designer by my own standard. I have been to your site, I am amazed with the way you simulate
glass effects, glossy effects, metalic effects, you are good. Do you, however, create characters? I am not sure whether
I went through your site completely.

Pls this is not to affirm any negativity, with what you do, you are already ready to go as a paint/colour artist, effects artist or
even a concept designer. An ability to design characters and animate them in 2d will give you an edge, that's all I am saying.
I am adding you to my submission.
Re: Creative 2d Freelancer, Real Deals Are Here For You. by CGKing(m): 8:39am On Oct 22, 2008
maxani,

Thanks for your kind post and your interest. We can try to give you a very comfortable environment,
something to inspire artists, something as good as any bank if not almost. We can try; but we will all grow together.
Its really not how we begin that matters, it is where we are going. We can provide all the resources you require as
much as is possible in computing, uptodate info on CG, trainnings, etc. And remember working is also very flexible becuase
you are a freelancer. Pay, we know the worth of CG artist based on info coming to us from all over the world. We can try but
even if we are not able, we can strike an agreement. One thing I will assure you of is a constant flow of jobs and pay.

@xothermik,
Ask any questons and satisfy yourself beyond doubt. I came here on my own accord as a consultant to the company, I
will not take your time in vain.
Re: Creative 2d Freelancer, Real Deals Are Here For You. by xothermik(m): 10:14pm On Oct 22, 2008
cheesy hehe. thats nairaland for u. anyway i think i want in. i think its time i actually went pro wit my hobby and started makin somethin out of it and doin serious stuff.send me a mail lik i said.
Re: Creative 2d Freelancer, Real Deals Are Here For You. by Truetalk(m): 7:24pm On Oct 24, 2008
CGKing:

Hello guys, we are looking for 2D creative freelancers with the skill to produce world class illustrations and or animations to join
a global team of CG artists. The ability to create your own original style, ideas and characters will be very appreciated and your style should be of Disney, pixar or Marvel standard.

Artists with animation skills will no doubt be preffered, working arrangement is very flexible and convenient. Benefits can be good enough to
to worth your quality. Please drop a sample or two of your style here.

Sometimes due to people's experiences they dont just want to send their samples, What i think you would hve tried was to paste your office address and let them come their to submit their samples i think with that.They would believe it's no joke that it's a serious business.

peace
Re: Creative 2d Freelancer, Real Deals Are Here For You. by maxani: 5:01pm On Oct 28, 2008
Hey, CGKING, there's a little prob here. most of my animated shots are over 200kb and in swf and avi, so I'd have to send them to you directly. this site doesnt accept such format. I would have done that but couldn't find your e-mail on your profile
Re: Creative 2d Freelancer, Real Deals Are Here For You. by CGKing(m): 12:57pm On Nov 06, 2008
I am mighty sorry guys, I got deeply involved with so many things. So maxani, xothermik and all. It would have been a great idea to submit to the site, but the site is not ready for launch. But you could use my mail: cgkingslo@yahoo.com - preferred - or kingsley@defaultltd.com.

Thanks all looking forward to your exciting submissions.
Re: Creative 2d Freelancer, Real Deals Are Here For You. by CGKing(m): 7:23am On Nov 07, 2008
Trutalk,

Sorry, I skipped your post. You are right about that. But while I check whether I would be allowed to invite people I want to say that
that will definitely be what would happen eventually when decisions are made. yes

Guys let's do this. Chukwuemeka, maxani, how far? I need just two killer , or life giving 2d designs.
Re: Creative 2d Freelancer, Real Deals Are Here For You. by maxani: 11:46pm On Nov 09, 2008
hey, CGking,
how've u bn? pls, check out some of my lazy scribles in "2d/3d Art Gallery « (2) (3) , (9) (10) "- a thread just close by.
let me know if u still want more, then I'll give you the link to a little animation I made.
Re: Creative 2d Freelancer, Real Deals Are Here For You. by CGKing(m): 12:37am On Nov 12, 2008
@ maxani,

Yes, will immediately do sir.
Re: Creative 2d Freelancer, Real Deals Are Here For You. by CGKing(m): 1:23am On Nov 12, 2008
One of my Global Illumination experiments

(1) (Reply)

Pls How Can I Save My Works Successfully On Corel Draw And Photoshop / History Of Nigerian Art / Set Up My Dream Editing Suite-wat Do You Think

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.