Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,885 members, 7,810,398 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! (6408 Views)

Does Phcn Uses Generator To Empower Us?? / Phcn Uses Generators In Its Offices; Group Wants Practice To End / Even PHCN Uses Generator! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by shilling(f): 9:36am On Oct 22, 2008
PHCN guys shouting "UP NEPA". Now that's funny
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by SkyBlue1: 9:43am On Oct 22, 2008
pamboogie:

Everyone's always quick to judge Obj, nobody sits down to think of the good he did while he was in office. the power situation is dragging now because everyone keeps dwelling on the past instead of moving forward. Obj's not God, he did the best he could. he laid foundations, only so much coulda been done in 8yrs. Nigerians everywhere are difficult to satisfy, nobody's ever good enough for them. We complained about, IBB, Abacha, Abdulsalami,Shonekan,Obj and now we're complaining bout Yaradua. Does that mean none of these men did right Men, people, live and let live. People perform to the best of their abilities. Let's encourage them.

Yes let it be reiterated that we need to focus on the future and what is being done in the present to get there, i.e. what is the current administration doing. However for this to happen then let us truly move on, but such won't happen when people keep on coming back with such award winning lines like "so much coulda been done in 8 years" or "he did the best he could"; you know this because? Are we being serious here? Really? What could have been done in 8 years? Is that really a question? Why don't we instead start with what shouldn't have been done in those 8 years? So if this was an employee you would be satisified with the job that was achieved in 8 years and billions of dollars later? And then the comparison about people complaining about IBB, Abacha, etc? Shock horror, i don't even know if that is a joke or not. So people should be grateful to such? Oh lord.

If moving forward is the plan then perhaps such lines of arguement should be abandoned by people who see complaining at failure as a sin and let us look at the present to see if the ground works is being laind for the future. Again, what is Yaradua doing. Electoral reform is what is needed because when votes count then perhaps PDP will finally be buried in the anals of Nigeria's history after the next election.
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by pamboogie(f): 9:47am On Oct 22, 2008
Everyone's always quick to judge Obj, nobody sits down to think of the good he did while he was in office. the power situation is dragging now because everyone keeps dwelling on the past instead of moving forward. Obj's not God, he did the best he could. he laid foundations, only so much coulda been done in 8yrs. Nigerians everywhere are difficult to satisfy, nobody's ever good enuf for them. We complained about, IBB, Abacha, Abdulsalami,Shonekan,Obj and now we're complaining bout Yaradua. Does that mean none of these men did right Men, people, live and let live. People perform to the best of their abilities. Let's encourage them.
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by kuntash: 9:51am On Oct 22, 2008
@ landis

suprised! I tot OBJ was fed with 25hrs a day /8days a week / 367days a yr from the national grid. U mean he still buys Gas abi na diseal?
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by pamboogie(f): 9:57am On Oct 22, 2008
@skyblue, dont get me wrong. i'm not saying these past presidents had no sin, i'm saying 'Nigerians, stop complaining and add ur 2cents positively' we all have a part to play in nation building. Nigerians are quick to put people down. obj did the best he could while in office, yaradua should continue from there instead of going back and lets see if we wont get results
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by dayotee2(m): 10:04am On Oct 22, 2008
I agree with you pamboogie

pamboogie:

Obj's not God, he did the best he could. he laid foundations.

yes OBJ laid a solid foundation for the next generation, the GSM is not the result, it is the foundation for the result, the bank reform is not the result, but it is the foundation for a better economy, now we have Micro Finance Bank for enterprenuer, NIPP is not the result, it is the foundation to a 24/7 power supply for Nigerian.

Before OBJ, I pay for power monthly even when i don't get power for the month, but thank God now I use the prepaid meters, I only pay for what I use, that also is a foundation.

Lets call on Mr. president to start building.

we can see result of building on a solid foundation is Lagos, let others learn from baba fash.

Also, I will recommend that states should be allowed to generate there power for there state, I know Lagos has something like that but was forced to add it to the national grid, ogun is planing same, sincerely I am disappointed OBJ kicked against this while in government but we can get it right after him.

there is no future in the PAST.
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by SkyBlue1: 10:10am On Oct 22, 2008
pamboogie:

@skyblue, don't get me wrong. i'm not saying these past presidents had no sin, i'm saying 'Nigerians, stop complaining and add ur 2cents positively' we all have a part to play in nation building. Nigerians are quick to put people down. obj did the best he could while in office, yaradua should continue from there instead of going back and lets see if we wont get results

You keep on stating that OBJ did the best he could during office and you paint this Mother Theresa image of in every action always having the best for Nigeria at heart. Sorry, but i find this hard to believe. Is this just your perception of the situation or were you with him in the office or at home? If it is your perception that he did his best perhaps you should state it as an opinion and not so boldly that it gets perceived as a concensus. I even find it harder to believe that 'he did his best' when you consider the amount of wealth the person in question had before he became president and after his tenure expired. Check the salary the president earns and the state of Ota farms then and now, it does not take a genius to figure out that things don't add up. So I am guessing inbetween doing 'his best' he was able to put personal wealth before the interest of the nation? In the spirit of openness why did it turn out to be that OBJ became the president that refused to sign the FOI bill into law just before he left due to such frivolities as the way the bill was named? Could fear of the power of freedom of information or politics have possibly come into play? If so does that not tarnish the image you portray of a man who was at every junction "trying his best" for Nigeria?

If you are satisfied with this as 'his best' then i feel sorry for Nigeria. So people can pull of such and pass it off as their best and hence we can relax because we now 'person A' tried his or her best? I never said nothing good ever came out of that administration but allow others the courtesy of pointing out what seems the overwhelming bad that seems to negate a lot of the good if there was a lot to begin with. If that was the best then let us be bold enough to state that the best was not good enough and not because Nigerians are impossible to please but because of a refusal to turn 40% into an A grade.
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by dayotee2(m): 10:49am On Oct 22, 2008
Sky Blue:

Check the salary the president earns and the state of Ota farms then and now, it does not take a genius to figure out that things don't add up. So I am guessing inbetween doing 'his best' he was able to put personal wealth before the interest of the nation? In the spirit of openness why did it turn out to be that OBJ became the president that refused to sign the FOI bill into law just before he left due to such frivolities as the way the bill was named? Could fear of the power of freedom of information or politics have possibly come into play?

Hi sky blue: I understand you stand on this issue and I will like to register my respect for your opinion. Yes OBJ did his best, if his best if enof is another issue but to me his cabinet of brains is still the BEST we have ever had in the history of Nigeria till date. The current governement cabinet is a national disappointment, crops of heads that knows nothing about there appointment, No apology.

on the FOI bill, am afraid you are very wrong to state that OBJ didnt pass the bill, Bills are not passed by Mr. president, that is the work of the national assemble and if they choose to trow the bill out as they hv done, it is not the president's fault.

Dont you think you will be unfair to the man of the house if after releasing fund for cooking and the woman refuse to cook or she spend the money on her hair in salon?

There is more to governance than the president, The president is 1 person, there are others that can either make governace get to the people or NOT.

Imagine what would happen if we start talking and analysing the government of Abacha, IBB, Abubaka, Buhari e.t.c ,

It is easy to pass blame, OBJ has given Nigerian a BIG room to pass blame on HiM but we forget he is in the PAST and there is no FUTURE THERE.
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by galatico(m): 10:55am On Oct 22, 2008
Piece of Shit !!!
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by Tonyet1(m): 11:01am On Oct 22, 2008
@everyone,

i was wanting to create a topic related to PHCN, fortunately i saw this, 1st i want to say  BIG UPs to[b] PHCN[/b] in my hood now, i just noticed that for like 2mths now we've been experiencing good times with POWER , we now enjoy at least 20hrs of power and to crown it, my paalee even made a funny comment yesterday, "I NO EVEN REMEMBER THE LAST TIME I BUY FUEL FOR GENERATOR" isn't that funny and complimentary

my big ups go to the GOVERNOR OF RIVERS STATE and the revolutionary crew of PHCN

UNA TOO MUCH
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by SkyBlue1: 11:09am On Oct 22, 2008
dayotee2:

Hi sky blue: I understand you stand on this issue and I will like to register my respect for your opinion. Yes OBJ did his best, if his best if enof is another issue but to me his cabinet of brains is still the BEST we have ever had in the history of Nigeria till date. The current governement cabinet is a national disappointment, crops of heads that knows nothing about there appointment, No apology.

on the FOI bill, am afraid you are very wrong to state that OBJ didnt pass the bill, Bills are not passed by Mr. president, that is the work of the national assemble and if they choose to trow the bill out as they hv done, it is not the president's fault.
don't you think you will be unfair to the man of the house if after releasing fund for cooking and the woman refuse to cook or she spend the money on her hair in salon?

There is more to governance than the president, The president is 1 person, there are others that can either make governace get to the people or NOT.

Imagine what would happen if we start talking and analysing the government of Abacha, IBB, Abubaka, Buhari e.t.c ,

It is easy to pass blame, OBJ has given Nigerian a BIG room to pass blame on HiM but we forget he is in the PAST and there is no FUTURE THERE.

I am afraid you are wrong in stating that the house has the sole responsibility for bills. Go back and read up on why the FOI bill was not passed again. It was finally passed by the legislature, the president was required apparently to sign it into law, just as president bush signed the hundreds of billions of dollars of bailout as part of law, right? President Obasanjo did not sign the FOI bill into law because he had a problem with the name 'Freedom of Information' as opposed to 'Right of inmformation' or something like that. Yes folks, it was that trivial an issue. Don't take my word for it, just do some basic research.

I have provided a link of which there are many, to a press release concerning the role Obasanjo had to play in the whole FOI saga: http://www.rap21.org/article18995.html

Yes there is more to governance than one person and if peope hold the right people accountable then government which is already in my view too huge and bureucratic will become more effective. I guess you just have to accept that in this case people feel Obasanjo deserves some of the blame he gets. My concern however remains primarily on this current administration and the seeming lack of will to actually do anything at all. An even more scary thought when you consider that there is actually meant to be a constitutional review going on and no one seems to be hearing anything about it with regards to news, progress, etc.
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by dayotee2(m): 12:05pm On Oct 22, 2008
Hi sky blue, thanks for the fair way you have passed your message and corrections across, I respect your choice of word and fairness.

I also have some links for more info on the FOI bill saga and the role of OBJ in it:

http://www.saharareporters.com/column62.php

http://www.vanguardngr.com/content/view/9980/122/

http://www.vanguardngr.com/content/view/18448/141/

http://www.foicoalition.org/news/2007/mfwastatement.htm

I also share your fear for the current administration, it seems nothing is going on in the country, just like Pat Utomi says: " we are in motion but I can't say categorically in which direction we are, forward or backward, I don't think we are progressing forward" and in Ruben Abati's word "I used to be unsure if we are going forward or backward but now I know and am sure we are going backward.".

the yar'adua led government seems to be confused, lack ideas and the energy to move the country forward.

again, I say thank you for the correction.

your recommened link http://www.rap21.org/article18995.html was helpful and very informative.

thank you.
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by disease(m): 12:07pm On Oct 22, 2008
PHCN OFFICIALS: UP NEEEPPPAAAA!!!!! grin
WONDERS WILL NOT END. grin
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by Taito007(m): 1:02pm On Oct 22, 2008
I wish i could lay my hands on the source of this information.From it came that obj actually awarded the contracts of power to a chinese company(that is not in existence) and involved some acclaimed professionals.It was later found out that the so called chinese company was a company here in Nigeria(set up by him)that is all the money he allocated for such job literally went into his own account.Not only that he sold govt established projects to his friends,and someone is saying obj did his part.Cant we nigerians be honest and trusworthy from the onset to the final stage.I believe if they pick obj and deal with him such mismangement of public funds will be greatly reduced.Where is EFCC today,toothless bulldog(objs weapon for his opponent).We need serious prayer in Nigeria.Now yar adua is there using our money to treat himself.May God save us.Amen. embarassed
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by uchetobi(f): 1:17pm On Oct 22, 2008
The PHCN officers/workers are not responsible for the failure of power in Nigeria…are they gonna generate power with their teeth. Their job function now is to distribute (rotate) the available power among numerous users, so when power goes off, its for others to have
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by zoraro(m): 1:51pm On Oct 22, 2008
@ dayotee2 and others that think that Obasanjo laid a "good foundation" and "did his best". Yea, I agree that he laid a good foundation and did his best by rigging Yar'Adua into power who is now moving the Nation backwards. A good foundation indeed.
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by nomanicole(f): 2:03pm On Oct 22, 2008
To me,i think abacha government is better than anyother,i know the man was a very wicked man but he did not send or rather please foreign investors,things were cheap and highly affordable.u guys hailing obj,if he was so nice why would he increase the price of fuel to 100 before leaving office ,is that not wickedness of the highest order.the obj man was doing serious eye service pleasing his friends,banning importation of some things that we should depend on a particular company,okay,he wanted to raise nigeria's rep ,why didn't he build more companies to produce those things he banned and even create job opportunites for graduates and the unemployed.did you guys notice the cost of a bag of rice?please,that man is a sadist,thank God he's gone but we need something agile to make the kinda changes we want ,i mean really need
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by Pastorgee(m): 2:10pm On Oct 22, 2008
Verily, Verily i say unto you except a man travels outside this country Nija he shall not see the Light (current) cool
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by landis(m): 2:56pm On Oct 22, 2008
Abacha era:

Naira: $1 -> N80

Petrol: N22 per litre for petrol

Power: 2500MW

Official money missing: $3billion

Deaths: about 500people

Crude Oil: $22 per barrel

Obasanjo Era

Naira: $1 -> N135

Petrol: N75 per litre for petrol

Official money missing: $16billion and still counting

Deaths: about 10,000people(Odi was wiped-out)

Crude Oil: $130 per barrel

------
Read between the line the choice is yours.
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by hilli666(m): 3:39pm On Oct 22, 2008
My Plan to restructure and repair the current Energy sector in Nigeria.

A) Spend 1 Billion US Dollars on research and development including alternative energy e.g. wind, solar, biodiesel.
B) Educated people on the need to assist technicians as they survey the current power grid and wiring system
C) Privatize the Energy sector to foreign business that have experience and a successfull history in the power industry
D) Split our current power consuption in half, by adopting the American voltage system. e.g 240volts dropped down to 150
E) Construct two new power Dam's taking advantage of the River Benua and the upper Volta
F) Re modify and update our current Dam, retro fitting it with newer state of the art technology, hence increasing the output and rendering it more efficient and effective
D) Mandate, through the use of the necessary government agencies, laws governing the distribution and use of efficient electrical appliances
G) Increase the penalty for those caught in the act of power mongering, or the unlicensed and unauthorised tapping of power in rural areas

The list goes on, but I have to do other things before nepa takes light.
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 22, 2008
They all got free browsing on diff conn. lol, money launderer,

brb
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by zoraro(m): 5:02pm On Oct 22, 2008
@hilli666,

Your plan is quite good, but

A) Why waste $1Billion on alternative energy when we have not tapped even 5% of our abundant gas resources.

B) Adopting the American Voltage system i.e 110V instead of our present 220V solves nothing. (e.g To press a shirt,
     your Iron will need 1000W which is 1000W  = 110V x 9.09A or 1000W = 220V x 4.54A) i.e for lesser voltage
     you need higher current to do the same work.

C) Privatization is good but we should use as much Nigerian private businesses as is possible (I think there are still
      some competent Nigerian Companies).

D) Use a lower tariff structure in rural areas to encourage industries there and also stop the need for tapping.
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by Sentra: 5:42pm On Oct 22, 2008
@Yicob, I feel u bro.
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by netotse(m): 4:51am On Oct 23, 2008
uchetobi:

The PHCN officers/workers are not responsible for the failure of power in Nigeria…are they going to generate power with their teeth. Their job function now is to distribute (rotate) the available power among numerous users, so when power goes off, its for others to have

its no wonder i've been covertly scoping her since bba2

@zoraro and hilli66
u guys r in the right direction but zoraro one of the major problems in nigeria is that the electricity tariff is too low when compared with the cost of generation and transmission so lower tarffs is no really sensible!
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by favcom(m): 10:09am On Oct 23, 2008
@ topic grin grin
Very funnnnyyyyyyyyy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by Mydex(m): 10:48am On Oct 23, 2008
I think we should give PHCN a CHANCE
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by zoraro(m): 3:41pm On Oct 23, 2008
@ netotse, I said lower tariff for rural areas compared to urban areas not lower tariffs generally.
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by sylve11: 7:34pm On Oct 23, 2008
what else do u expect from the PHCN staff? where i live, about 3 PHCN staff are living there, they do the shouting more than we non-staff of the PHCN whenever PHCN do the flashing of light cos that's what they are used to. Nawa 4 this country, nothing dem take dey push dey go front self, na only backy we go dey throw?
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by QBSauceKid: 11:26pm On Oct 23, 2008
WAT R U DOIN ABOUT IT?
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by Em2va: 1:56pm On Oct 26, 2008
landis:

Abacha era:

Naira: $1 -> N80

Petrol: N22 per litre for petrol

Official money missing: $3billion

Deaths: about 500people

Crude Oil: $22 per barrel

Obasanjo Era

Naira: $1 -> N135

Petrol: N75 per litre for petrol

Official money missing: $16billion and still counting

Deaths: about 10,000people(Odi was wiped-out)

Crude Oil: $130 per barrel

------
Read between the line the choice is yours.

What an Irony. Life?!
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 27, 2008
I really don't even feel this is a funny issue, i really feel disgusted about this whole rubbish. This is why nothin like the hosting of the world cup would ever come to Nigeria.
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 08, 2008
wat a pity

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yerima Cannot Continue In Senate, Says Nba / Gov Ugwuanyi Directs Immediate Rebuilding Of Enugu Timber Shops Gutted By Fire / Nigeria Is A Security Disaster Under Buhari By Jude Ndukwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.