Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

The Photograph That Has Been Making Cars Look Stupid For 20 Years - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Photograph That Has Been Making Cars Look Stupid For 20 Years (1854 Views)

VW Resumes Vehicle Assembling In Nigeria …after 20 Years / Apple And Google To Start Making Cars. / Free Driving Lessons For 20 People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Photograph That Has Been Making Cars Look Stupid For 20 Years by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:36am On Aug 03, 2014
This photograph taken in 1991 shows how much road space 72 people would need if they used bicycles vs. cars vs. a bus.
This photograph was commissioned by the planning department of the City of Münster, Germany. According to its website, Münster is the “most liveable city world-wide,” and I see no reason why that can’t be true.

http://truthseekerdaily.com/2014/05/the-photograph-that-has-been-making-cars-look-stupid-for-20-years/

1 Like

Re: The Photograph That Has Been Making Cars Look Stupid For 20 Years by whirlwind7(m): 3:15am On Aug 03, 2014
You know, cars are almost a necessary evil. Certain inventions became obsolete after generations of disuse. Not so with vehicles. This multibillion dollar industry undergoes a lot of refinements every year.

There are times I wish that people in cities and villages can all be content with commuting with bicycles, and take train rides over long distances. I have this undying love for bicycles and I try to ride mine, as much chance as I get.

Be that as it may, I do not yet foresee automobiles going out of production in the near future....unless something really drastic happens; such as the human race getting decimated by a nuclear apocalypse, or the ebola virus.

Even when the world's oil and fossil fuel reserves dry up, alternate forms of energy soon replaces it. Actually, there has been s gradual shift in that direction; solar and electric powered cars are making inroads into the automobile market.

1 Like

Re: The Photograph That Has Been Making Cars Look Stupid For 20 Years by Olucheye(m): 9:58am On Aug 03, 2014
Re: The Photograph That Has Been Making Cars Look Stupid For 20 Years by Fulaman198(m): 7:54pm On Aug 03, 2014
Olucheye: Very great way to dissuade use of unnecessary luxury (If you can) and in turn save the city of emissions.

Great way To point that out!

Olu, that is not quite the progressive mindset that I'm looking for brother. What about the development of more hybrid vehicles and electric vehicles in Nigeria. For us to do that, we must rid ourselves of leaders who do not value progression. Currently, our leaders are holding us back from progressing to where we need to be. There are Zero Emissions vehicles that do exist. Majority of vehicles currently being used are Partial Zero Emissions vehicles. But electric cars are Zero Emissions. We need to get with the programme and start developing such cars.
Re: The Photograph That Has Been Making Cars Look Stupid For 20 Years by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:57pm On Aug 03, 2014
Fulaman198:

Olu, that is not quite the progressive mindset that I'm looking for brother. What about the development of more hybrid vehicles and electric vehicles in Nigeria. For us to do that, we must rid ourselves of leaders who do not value progression. Currently, our leaders are holding us back from progressing to where we need to be. There are Zero Emissions vehicles that do exist. Majority of vehicles currently being used are Partial Zero Emissions vehicles. But electric cars are Zero Emissions. We need to get with the programme and start developing such cars.

Vision 2020
Re: The Photograph That Has Been Making Cars Look Stupid For 20 Years by Fulaman198(m): 7:58pm On Aug 03, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Vision 2020

undecided I wish it could be "Vision Now" but I know that is an unrealistic vision.
Re: The Photograph That Has Been Making Cars Look Stupid For 20 Years by Olucheye(m): 8:54pm On Aug 03, 2014
Fulaman198:

You're right! My mind didn't even drift off to the newer models of car in production. The Hybrid that are on partial to zero emotions.
My bad....

True development of such programs should be encouraged but in third world and developing nations like ours, the basic amenities to grant such programs it's needed sustainability isn't in place yet.

One can only hope that work can be done to save us so much pollution that impair our environment and personal health.
Re: The Photograph That Has Been Making Cars Look Stupid For 20 Years by bigx(m): 4:34am On Aug 04, 2014
With an effective, comfortable, convenient and timely public transportation system, I'd use my car only on weekends

(1) (Reply)

What's The Effect Of Short Driving Distance On A Car / An Accident Just Occured At Nkpor Junction Onitsha Anambra / Three Tyre Car Moving With Top Speed Spotted In Ibadan. Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.