Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,622 members, 7,820,206 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

British Police Offer Reward For Info On Murder Suspect Who Fled To Nigeria - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / British Police Offer Reward For Info On Murder Suspect Who Fled To Nigeria (25858 Views)

Girl Who Fled Home To Her Boyfriend Sells Baby For 50,000 In Lagos Gov Hospital / I Prefer To Live My Life In Prison –murder Suspect (Photo) / Suspect Who Partook In Ondo Bank Robbery ─ Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

British Police Offer Reward For Info On Murder Suspect Who Fled To Nigeria by naptu2: 2:45am On Aug 03, 2014
[size=14pt]Have you seen Jeffrey Okafor in Nigeria? London Police is looking for him over murder. Reward for info is £10,000 (N2.7m)[/size]

By News Express on 02/08/2014

The family of a talented DJ murdered five years ago have made an emotional appeal in a bid to trace his killer.

Carl Beatson Asiedu, died in the street after being stabbed in the heart in the early hours of August 1, 2009, after he performed a set at the Club Life nightclub in Vauxhall.

Detectives are keen to trace Jeffrey Okafor who they believe is responsible for killing 19-year-old Mr Asiedu, the Metropolitan Police said.

It is believed Okafor fled to Nigeria after his death and police are offering a reward of £10,000 for information leading to his arrest.

Detectives are also launching a Facebook appeal in the hope that someone is able to provide information on Okafor’s whereabouts, police said.

He was a known Facebook user before the murder and officers believe that he is still using this or other social media as a means of communicating with friends and family back in the UK.

Police believe Okafor is hiding in Nigeria having fled the UK on August 17, 2009.

He was last captured on CCTV boarding an Air France flight at Heathrow Airport using his brother’s passport, police said.

Mr Asiedu, who performed under the name of DJ Charmz, was well known on the clubbing scene.

The victim’s father John Asiedu has spoken of his heartache.

“Five years have passed since Carl was murdered,” he said.

“I still feel the pain and get a lump in my throat whenever his tragic death crosses my mind, or when I hear that someone has been stabbed to death.

“Part of me died with him and I have to carry on living with what is left of me. Carl’s tragic death has changed my view of life, people, the justice system and the world.”

Detective Inspector Alison Hepworth of the Homicide and Major Crime Command (HMCC) said: “Over the years, a number of people have stood trial and have been convicted for their involvement in Carl’s death but there has always been one outstanding individual whom we sought to trace whom we believe delivered the fatal stab wound. That person is Jeffrey Okafor.”

She added: “We know there are people in the UK supporting him in his new life in Nigeria and are shielding him from facing justice.

“I would appeal to those people – his friends or family – if you have in some way helped to aid his escape, now is your opportunity to do the right thing and tell us where he is.”

Anyone with any information is asked to contact the incident room on 0208 721 4005. A dedicated email address – jeffreyokaforwanted@met.police.uk - has been set up for those with information to provide details via email.

•Source (except headline): London Evening Standard. Photo shows alleged runaway murderer Jeffrey Okafor captured on CCTV at Heathrow Airport.

http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=6868&title=Have-you-seen-Jeffrey-Okafor-in-Nigeria?-London-Police-is-looking-for-him-over-murder.-Reward-for-info-is-£10,000-(N2.7m)

4 Likes

Re: British Police Offer Reward For Info On Murder Suspect Who Fled To Nigeria by naptu2: 2:46am On Aug 03, 2014
[size=14pt]Family of murdered CBBC actor make emotional appeal to find killer as £10,000 reward offered.[/size]

[img]http://www.independent.co.uk/img/rO0ABXQAb2Z7aHR0cDovL3d3dy5pbmRlcGVuZGVudC5jby51ay9pbmNvbWluZy9hcnRpY2xlOTY0MjUwMi5lY2UvYWx0ZXJuYXRlcy93NjIwL0NhcmwtQmVhdHNvbi1Bc2llZHUtMi5qcGd9Zjc3NzdmMzAwdA==.jpg[/img]
Police are trying to trace Jeffrey Okafor over the murder of Carl Beatson Asiedu

By Lizzie Dearden

Friday 01 August 2014

The family of a children’s television actor murdered outside a London club have made an emotional appeal for information as the police offer a £10,000 reward.

Carl Beatson Asiedu, who appeared in CBBC’s MI High series, was stabbed to death in five years ago aged just 19.

Police believe they know the identity of his killer but have been unable to find him for five years after he allegedly fled to Nigeria.

Jeffrey Okafor left the UK on 17 August 2009, days after the murder, and was last captured on CCTV boarding a flight to the country at Heathrow Airport using his brother’s passport, the Metropolitan Police said.

Four men, including Okafor’s brother, have been convicted of charges relating to the murder but police are offering £10,000 to anyone who can help them trace the man they believed stabbed the teenager.

Mr Asiedu, the son of a pastor and a midwife, died in the street after being stabbed in the heart in the early hours of 1 August 2009.

Known as DJ Charmz, he had just performed a set at the Club Life nightclub in Vauxhall, south London, and was walking to a car with friends when he was attacked.

[img]http://www.independent.co.uk/img/rO0ABXQAbWZ7aHR0cDovL3d3dy5pbmRlcGVuZGVudC5jby51ay9pbmNvbWluZy9hcnRpY2xlOTY0MjUwMS5lY2UvYWx0ZXJuYXRlcy93NDYwL0NhcmwtQmVhdHNvbi1Bc2llZHUuanBnfWY3Nzc3ZjMwMHQ=.jpg[/img]
Carl Beatson Asiedu was stabbed to death in 2009

Police said another group approached and an argument broke out with one of Mr Asiedu’s friends, apparently over a “trivial” college dispute.

Mr Asiedu and his friend Peter Lama, who survived, were stabbed in the following attack, while their friends fled.

They returned to find Mr Asiedu collapsed in the road and tried to drive him to hospital but despite first aid from police and paramedics, he was pronounced dead in the car.

His father, John Asiedu, said he will never be free of the pain of his son’s death and suffers fresh grief every time he hears of a stabbing.

He said: “Part of me died with him and I have to carry on living with what is left of me. Carl's tragic death has changed my view of life, people, the justice system and the world.

“I would urge Jeffrey Okafor to do the right thing and give himself up. I believe there are people in Nigeria who know him but don't know who he really is.

“I believe he is living comfortably with a new life. Sometimes I wonder how such killers can lead normal lives with their families and friends who sometimes protect and shield them from the law.

"I am still serving the life sentence of sorrow and pain embedded in my consciousness.”

Detective Inspector Alison Hepworth, from the Met’s murder division, said Okafor could be living a “comfortable life” in Nigeria while his family’s heartache continues.

“We know there are people in UK supporting him in his new life in Nigeria and are shielding him from facing justice,” she added.

“I would appeal to those people - his friends or family - if you have in some way helped to aid his escape, now is your opportunity to do the right thing and tell us where he is.”

Junior Okafor – the suspect’s brother – was sentenced to four years imprisonment in 2010 for assisting his brother’s escape to Nigeria.

Members of the group involved in the confrontation with Mr Asiedu’s friends, Bolaji Kako-Are and Abu Mansaray, were convicted of violent disorder in 2011 and each sentenced to three years in prison.

Another of Okafor’s associate’s, Junior Ademujimi-Falade, was found guilty of violent disorder and manslaughter and jailed for eight years in 2011.

Scotland Yard has been working with Nigerian authorities in their efforts to trace Okafor.

Anyone with any information is asked to contact police on 0208 721 4005, calling Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or by emailing jeffreyokaforwanted@met.police.uk.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/family-of-murdered-cbbc-actor-make-emotional-appeal-to-find-killer-as-10000-reward-offered-9642446.html

1 Like

Re: British Police Offer Reward For Info On Murder Suspect Who Fled To Nigeria by Ishilove: 2:52am On Aug 03, 2014
Eyah. What a handsome boy just wasted like that. sad

Look at the ugly face of the John Okafor... There shall be no peace for the wicked. And to think his brother got three years for aiding and abetting. The UK system is very lenient

25 Likes

Re: British Police Offer Reward For Info On Murder Suspect Who Fled To Nigeria by Nobody: 2:56am On Aug 03, 2014
Let the manhunt begin...

1 Like

Re: British Police Offer Reward For Info On Murder Suspect Who Fled To Nigeria by 1stola: 2:57am On Aug 03, 2014
ok
Re: British Police Offer Reward For Info On Murder Suspect Who Fled To Nigeria by Nobody: 2:57am On Aug 03, 2014
naptu2:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/family-of-murdered-cbbc-actor-make-emotional-appeal-to-find-killer-as-10000-reward-offered-9642446.html

leave British to find the guy by themselves and lets concentrate our mind on our personal/environmental hygiene in the battle between human vs Ebola

15 Likes

Re: British Police Offer Reward For Info On Murder Suspect Who Fled To Nigeria by Alishachris: 2:58am On Aug 03, 2014
I trust my igbo brothers. You would see this guy within the next 24hrs. grin okwu baa n'ego....

54 Likes

Re: British Police Offer Reward For Info On Murder Suspect Who Fled To Nigeria by victorazy(m): 2:59am On Aug 03, 2014
Ok
Re: British Police Offer Reward For Info On Murder Suspect Who Fled To Nigeria by Nobody: 2:59am On Aug 03, 2014
OK
Re: British Police Offer Reward For Info On Murder Suspect Who Fled To Nigeria by boiohboi(m): 3:04am On Aug 03, 2014
I will hala at Uk police ASAP.

1 Like

Re: British Police Offer Reward For Info On Murder Suspect Who Fled To Nigeria by MztrChukwu(m): 3:05am On Aug 03, 2014
Already on the man-hunt *grabs torch and cutlass* N2.7 million naira no go pass me by like dt! If na inside rat hole u enter, I go smoke u out. Who's with me?!

71 Likes

Re: British Police Offer Reward For Info On Murder Suspect Who Fled To Nigeria by neuljosh(m): 3:06am On Aug 03, 2014
reading!!!

1 Like

Re: British Police Offer Reward For Info On Murder Suspect Who Fled To Nigeria by Nobody: 3:09am On Aug 03, 2014
Hmmm...this case is still on going? Some SFX college madness that got out of hand(let me just shut my mouth there).

Anyway, I believe the rest have been sentenced and one of them got 10 years.

Hopefully, they'll find the guy. Peckham boys madness.

5 Likes

Re: British Police Offer Reward For Info On Murder Suspect Who Fled To Nigeria by deflover(m): 3:10am On Aug 03, 2014
if i hear..10 thousand mama charlie ke....oya make i open facebook babe account i need to get this guy sharply grin grin grin grin....i will send him any video he wants.....speak all my SE london accent to make am fall in love.....vaxhaull ke...i once worked in club factory for there so i no that side wella.....so i can start a love relationship wif my new guy..... grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: British Police Offer Reward For Info On Murder Suspect Who Fled To Nigeria by FunnyPikincom(m): 3:12am On Aug 03, 2014
Kai, See him Face Like SparePart Human Part Dealer undecided undecided

Kim Kardarshian Shares Her Pictures Of Her Self After Having S3X with Kanye West In Bedroom shocked shocked

See Full PHOTO Here>>>>
http://www.vibenigeria.com/kim-kardashian-kanye-west-share-bedroom-selfie-dispel-divorce-rumour/

1 Like

Re: British Police Offer Reward For Info On Murder Suspect Who Fled To Nigeria by oxtine(m): 3:14am On Aug 03, 2014
MztrChukwu: Already on the man-hunt *grabs torch and cutlass* N2.7 million naira no go pass me by like dt! If na inside rat hole u enter, I go smoke u out. Who's with me?!
we go share am 70:30

5 Likes

Re: British Police Offer Reward For Info On Murder Suspect Who Fled To Nigeria by Kalvan: 3:15am On Aug 03, 2014
SirShymex:

Don't turn it into a tribal thing. The guy that was killed was Igbo, and the killer is Igbo. However, some of those involved in the killing are Yoruba. The roads don't do tribe. So stop it! undecided

Shymex, please!

Move along.
Re: British Police Offer Reward For Info On Murder Suspect Who Fled To Nigeria by MztrChukwu(m): 3:17am On Aug 03, 2014
oxtine: we go share am 70:30

Which kind joyless revenue sharing formula b dt na? And u no even carry pen-knife join body o... nna mehn, u b bully o

4 Likes

Re: British Police Offer Reward For Info On Murder Suspect Who Fled To Nigeria by cnwamo(m): 3:24am On Aug 03, 2014
Bro, the easiest way is to ignore, I bet you if all nairalanders ignore the e tribal bigots they would gradually die down...
when He posts the same thing 20 times over and everyone acts as though his post is invisible he would have no choice but to stop being a child.
SirShymex:

Don't turn it into a tribal thing. The guy that was killed was Igbo, and the killer is Igbo. However, some of those involved in the killing are Yoruba. The roads don't do tribe. So stop it! undecided

22 Likes

Re: British Police Offer Reward For Info On Murder Suspect Who Fled To Nigeria by akpanikpe(m): 3:25am On Aug 03, 2014
deflover: if i hear..10 thousand mama charlie ke....oya make i open facebook babe account i need to get this guy sharply grin grin grin grin....i will send him any video he wants.....speak all my SE london accent to make am fall in love.....vaxhaull ke...i once worked in club factory for there so i no that side wella.....so i can start a love relationship wif my new guy..... grin grin grin grin grin
And you av already exposed your strategies, you don't know if the guy is a naralander. That is how u have blown a chance for 10 thousand mama Charlie.

4 Likes

Re: British Police Offer Reward For Info On Murder Suspect Who Fled To Nigeria by deflover(m): 3:26am On Aug 03, 2014
hmmm i work for CLUB factory those days as perke boy...........lol..i dont remember dis club wey him perform oh.....as for na peckham gist i go need to ask my guy if him know dis guy.....peckham was da hood back den........all fellow peckham guys hola at ya boy........peckham we run tinz.......lol grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: British Police Offer Reward For Info On Murder Suspect Who Fled To Nigeria by LONESOUL(m): 3:26am On Aug 03, 2014
HMMMNNN....WHEN THEY SAY NIGERIANS ARE LIKE CANCER,WE GO DEY VEX.

3 Likes

Re: British Police Offer Reward For Info On Murder Suspect Who Fled To Nigeria by Nobody: 3:29am On Aug 03, 2014
how will dey find him in an overpopulated country like 9ja? u need 2 work 2gether with a good police force 2 find a killer but naija police, ahem *cough, cough*, drinks water undecided undecided undecided. poor family, dey need justice for their child

2 Likes

Re: British Police Offer Reward For Info On Murder Suspect Who Fled To Nigeria by naptu2: 3:29am On Aug 03, 2014
cnwamo: Bro, the easiest way is to ignore, I bet you if all nairalanders ignore the e tribal bigots they would gradually die down...
when He posts the same thing 20 times over and everyone acts as though his post is invisible he would have no choice but to stop being a child.

And report to the mods. I've already reported him to both the Crime Section mods and the supermods.

1 Like

Re: British Police Offer Reward For Info On Murder Suspect Who Fled To Nigeria by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 3:30am On Aug 03, 2014
Waiting for the valtures to wake up and tribalise this thread,which olodo will answer first?
Re: British Police Offer Reward For Info On Murder Suspect Who Fled To Nigeria by biafranqueen: 3:45am On Aug 03, 2014
Look how lives were wasted one gone forever others wasted to the system for something very dum am sure.
Re: British Police Offer Reward For Info On Murder Suspect Who Fled To Nigeria by ojeffo: 4:00am On Aug 03, 2014
SirShymex:

THE FOOOL @kalvan WILL NOT APPLY COMMON SENSE. .THEY FOUGHT AS A GROUP AND HE IS THE ONLY IBO THERE...OTHERS ARE FROM HIS (@kalvan)TRIBE N RELIGION..HE RAN AWAY, THATS WHY THEY PINNED THE WHOLE ISH ON HIM...MAYBE @KALVIN HAS FORGOTTEN THOSE GUYS THAT KILLED A SOLDIER IN LONDON..ARE THEY IBOS TOO?.
AND FOR THOSE OF U SHOUTING THAT NAIJA IS A CANCER...WHAT DO U SAY TO THOSE WHO WAKES UP, CARRIES ASSAULT RIFLE AND STARTS SHOOTING ELEMENTARY KIDS..ARE THEY FROM NAIJA TOO...OR IS THEIR COUNTRY NOT CANCEROUS TOO ABI NA EBOLA DIA OWN BE?
ka chineke mezie okwu

26 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2 Marine Police Officers Killed In Bayelsa (Graphic Photos) / Man Who Called Two LASPOTECH Students “Prostitutes" And Slapped Them, Slammed / ‘David Nabegmado Sacrificed His Family Members’ - Nephew Who Killed Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.