Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,689 members, 7,862,158 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:04 AM

Nigeria Finishes 8th At The Common Wealth Games With 11 Gold - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Finishes 8th At The Common Wealth Games With 11 Gold (36628 Views)

Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 / Nigeria Finishes Second Position At All African Games / Sweden Vs Nigeria (3 - 3) Fifa Women's World Cup On 8th June, 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Finishes 8th At The Common Wealth Games With 11 Gold by ijekul(m): 10:42am On Aug 03, 2014
fingard02k: Not interested
And then u commmented

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Finishes 8th At The Common Wealth Games With 11 Gold by nerodenero: 10:42am On Aug 03, 2014
Decent performance from team Nigeria and I have few suggestions:
1.More resources should be committed to Female sports as evident from our performance with the ladies taking almost all the medals.
2.Gone are the days when Nigeria was a force to reckon with in 100&200m Male event,we seem to have lost out and we have to make amends before the next Olympics.
3.This game also showed that with good preparation,we can truly conquer Africa and show the world that we are no pushovers.
4.We should learn to improve on our performance.I think we should aim to beat the 11goal medals in the next competition.
To be sincere,the team surprised me with their overall performance knowing that their preparations was not too impressive and not forgetting that our kits never or arrived late.Congratulations to them.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Finishes 8th At The Common Wealth Games With 11 Gold by ijekul(m): 10:44am On Aug 03, 2014
unyours: ijekul, What is sprint double biko?
Okagbere won the 100 and the 200 metres race...now dats the sprint double grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Finishes 8th At The Common Wealth Games With 11 Gold by Lekeydey(m): 10:49am On Aug 03, 2014
Congratulations team Nigeria,despite the rag-tag preparations you guys were able to achieve a golden result,well done and especially to our babes,kudos,diging Gold since forever. I am suggesting that henceforth only our sisters should be representing us in all categories of sport. Seems they bring in more satisfactory results. kudos to them all.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Finishes 8th At The Common Wealth Games With 11 Gold by jpphilips(m): 10:50am On Aug 03, 2014
DICKtator: very funny position
how they rank countries at the commonwealth games baffles me
did we participate in all the games?
what should be our parametre for success is to weigh the number of games we participated in and compare it to the medals garnered.This would ultimately determine whether we were victors or not.
Canada U.K. ,Australia and the likes that have more participants should also be subjected to the number of their respective participants to the ratio of medals won. This in my own opinion? should form the basis/parametre for toppings at the medal table

to cut the long story short:
winnings at the commonwealth games should be on a country-like individualistic basis instead of commonality basis

I don't even understand why USA don't participate in the Commonwealth games? sucha proud nation. they won't reslect their Colonial masters. i think Zimbabwe has followed suit

congrats to the Nigerian team

#Rip Ebola

grin grin grin grin

Nobody stopped you from fielding athletes in all the games, so dont blame them for judging your medal list.
what is Cameroon doing on the list?
Re: Nigeria Finishes 8th At The Common Wealth Games With 11 Gold by ijekul(m): 10:50am On Aug 03, 2014
cmpunk: swimming and shooting has a lot of medals but I wonder why we always shy away from these sport? Rvers plenty for naija. we have sharp shooters in the military. what's really our problem?

Real sharp shooters o...all dis miltants and Boko haram boys I hear dey hardly miss...not to talk about dis oil bunkerers dat can swim with even two loaded drums of crude oil under water...wasted talents

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Finishes 8th At The Common Wealth Games With 11 Gold by Theflint1(m): 10:50am On Aug 03, 2014
Firstbeauty1: Please my fellow Nigerians, am contestant in this ongoing Most beautiful student In Nigeria (MBSN) 2014.

MOST BEAUTIFUL STUDENT IN NIGERIA (MBSN) 2014 CONTESTANT CAMPAIGN

I'm on my kneels, please just go to the link below and like my profile picture.
Am proud to be an African.
Am proud to be a Nigerian
Am proud to be here in this Nairaland.

May God bless you. Vote Link: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=659574127457717&set=o.577725372313390&type=1&relevant_count=1

How to vote: visit the link above and like my picture, and that's all.
nice booooooobs.
Re: Nigeria Finishes 8th At The Common Wealth Games With 11 Gold by Afam4eva(m): 10:50am On Aug 03, 2014
Nigeria didn't do badly considering the situation of sports in the country. But we should not be carried away because ordinarily, a country like Nigeria has no business being outside the top 3 in the commonwealth games. We have the population and the talents abound. If you look at the olympics, you'd notice that the countries who usually fight for the top spot are populated countries, so we can use our population to dominate the commonwealth. England has no reason winning the commonwealth games. It's unheard of.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Finishes 8th At The Common Wealth Games With 11 Gold by JEITO: 10:54am On Aug 03, 2014
IGBOSON1: What was South Africa and Ghana position? Anyone?
south Africa finished ahead of Nigeria in 7th place, while ghana, finished 33rd with zero gold, zero silver and just a bronze.
Re: Nigeria Finishes 8th At The Common Wealth Games With 11 Gold by ijekul(m): 10:54am On Aug 03, 2014
shakol91: Ijekul my man cheesy I dey miss you oo. Hw law sch? Abeg share me the link to our romance section thread *my experience in calabar* hope I'm correct with that title. I've not been able to follow since we lost data on NL

My brother...gud to hear from u.I avnt resurrected that thread yet but working on it.thanks much
Re: Nigeria Finishes 8th At The Common Wealth Games With 11 Gold by ijekul(m): 10:57am On Aug 03, 2014
haymoney01: Hw was the women's relay
We won silver in both d 4x100 and 4x400 relays.the girls dis very well.as 4 d boys...Deris God undecided
Re: Nigeria Finishes 8th At The Common Wealth Games With 11 Gold by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 03, 2014
saintneo: [img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1595558_screenshot_2014-08-03_0948-1_jpegc10e859eb72c377995c6fdac9f5abbb3[/img]

@Ghana

All these medals they are sharing at Glasgow. What of two gold medals? You didn't get. What of two silver medals? You were not informed of the sharing too?
Now Queen Elizabeth has invited you come and collect some black medals.......won't you come?
Chai there is God o!
grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Nigeria Finishes 8th At The Common Wealth Games With 11 Gold by Antell95(m): 10:58am On Aug 03, 2014
Ghanaians be like "we get gold for Akkra" cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Finishes 8th At The Common Wealth Games With 11 Gold by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 03, 2014
Laff wan kill me..sum noisy neighbours get 33/37..abeg which countries be dese ones?-SAM(samuel?) MRI(MRI scan?) BAN(banana?) IOM(Institute of medicine?) NAU(nnamdi azikiwe univ?) PKN (pikin?)...because dese countries won more medals than our noisy neighbour

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Finishes 8th At The Common Wealth Games With 11 Gold by haymoney01(m): 10:59am On Aug 03, 2014
ijekul:
We won silver in both d 4x100 and 4x400 relays.the girls dis very well.as 4 d boys...Deris God undecided
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Finishes 8th At The Common Wealth Games With 11 Gold by Lekeydey(m): 11:00am On Aug 03, 2014
Congratulations team Nigeria,you have proven yet again that despite the rag-tag preparations,you can do well. And especially to our sisters that have taken the ability to dig for gold to the commonwealth of nations. congratlations.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Finishes 8th At The Common Wealth Games With 11 Gold by Antell95(m): 11:01am On Aug 03, 2014
JEITO: south Africa finished ahead of Nigeria in 7th place, while Ghana, finished 33rd with zero gold, zero silver and just a bronze.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Finishes 8th At The Common Wealth Games With 11 Gold by jpphilips(m): 11:02am On Aug 03, 2014
manneger2:
Aboki sprint na run, double means say she win 100 meters and 200 meters gold

The young man asked politely as such doesn't deserve your arrogance.
He is better than f00ls who hold tenaciously to their ignorance while hoping to learn indirectly.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Finishes 8th At The Common Wealth Games With 11 Gold by ijekul(m): 11:03am On Aug 03, 2014
Buh y una dey enter ghana like dis grin grin grin or am I missing something...lol

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Finishes 8th At The Common Wealth Games With 11 Gold by M4gunners: 11:05am On Aug 03, 2014
Not bad they really try.Congratulations to the Female in Team nigeria, as of men, na only God know wetin una go dia go do .

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Finishes 8th At The Common Wealth Games With 11 Gold by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 03, 2014
Bros;easy na... cheesy must you analyze it like this?our neighbors try;they are not in our league;they sould be rubbing shoulders wt niger rep;togo;and co..
JEITO: south Africa finished ahead of Nigeria in 7th place, while ghana, finished 33rd with zero gold, zero silver and just a bronze.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Finishes 8th At The Common Wealth Games With 11 Gold by sarutobie(m): 11:05am On Aug 03, 2014
Lekeydey: Congratulations team Nigeria,despite the rag-tag preparations you guys were able to achieve a golden result,well done and especially to our babes,kudos,diging Gold since forever. I am suggesting that henceforth only our sisters should be representing us in all categories of sport. Seems they bring in more satisfactory results. kudos to them all.
seems our women are better athletes..person go come tell me say female pikins no strong?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Finishes 8th At The Common Wealth Games With 11 Gold by M4gunners: 11:09am On Aug 03, 2014
JEITO: south Africa finished ahead of Nigeria in 7th place, while ghana, finished 33rd with zero gold, zero silver and just a bronze.
So in scotland there's no Yam i think.If Ghanaians have eaten yam, they would have done better.
Re: Nigeria Finishes 8th At The Common Wealth Games With 11 Gold by ijekul(m): 11:12am On Aug 03, 2014
M4gunners: So in scotland there's no Yam i think.If Ghanaians have eaten yam, they would have done better.

Hahahahaha...I even heard the cameroonians wrote a letter to the queen requesting 4 plantain grin grin
Abeg na joke o grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Finishes 8th At The Common Wealth Games With 11 Gold by M4gunners: 11:13am On Aug 03, 2014
ijekul:

Hahahahaha...I even heard the cameroonians wrote a letter to the queen requesting 4 plantain grin grin
Hahaha
Re: Nigeria Finishes 8th At The Common Wealth Games With 11 Gold by agrovick(m): 11:15am On Aug 03, 2014
Good job people, lets kick some arse in 2016. I hope chika comes back stronger

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Finishes 8th At The Common Wealth Games With 11 Gold by darlingtonNYIG(m): 11:15am On Aug 03, 2014
Firstbeauty1: Please my fellow Nigerians, am contestant in this ongoing Most beautiful student In Nigeria (MBSN) 2014.

MOST BEAUTIFUL STUDENT IN NIGERIA (MBSN) 2014 CONTESTANT CAMPAIGN

I'm on my kneels, please just go to the link below and like my profile picture.
Am proud to be an African.
Am proud to be a Nigerian
Am proud to be here in this Nairaland.

May God bless you. Vote Link: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=659574127457717&set=o.577725372313390&type=1&relevant_count=1

How to vote: visit the link above and like my picture, and that's all.
my dear, you just joined nairaland on july 31st 2014 because of this competition. That means you didn't come here to participate in discussing issues that will improve our society but to solicit for votes that can enable you win your contest.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Finishes 8th At The Common Wealth Games With 11 Gold by Wasquad(m): 11:15am On Aug 03, 2014
Good people Great nation........... I hope we overcome our problems soon.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Finishes 8th At The Common Wealth Games With 11 Gold by Okeikpu(m): 11:18am On Aug 03, 2014
Biafrans doing lazy Niggerians proud. Well done my pple cool

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Finishes 8th At The Common Wealth Games With 11 Gold by JEITO: 11:19am On Aug 03, 2014
tsolz84: Bros;easy na... cheesy must you analyze it like this?our neighbors try;they are not in our league;they sould be rubbing shoulders wt niger rep;togo;and co..
ok sir! I don take dressing in case of next time.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Finishes 8th At The Common Wealth Games With 11 Gold by JEITO: 11:22am On Aug 03, 2014
M4gunners: So in scotland there's no Yam i think.If Ghanaians have eaten yam, they would have done better.
....and groundnut soup. Don't forget yam and groundnut soup na there ghanians dey find joy and energy..
Re: Nigeria Finishes 8th At The Common Wealth Games With 11 Gold by M4gunners: 11:27am On Aug 03, 2014
JEITO: ....and groundnut soup. Don't forget yam and groundnut soup na there ghanians dey find joy and energy..
I guess those two silvers was use as compensation lol.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Kanu Nwankwo Visits Kelechi Iheanacho In Manchester / Super Eagles Players Train Ahead Of World Cup(photos) / Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.