Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,110 members, 7,828,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Magazine Business.... I'm A Newbie - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Magazine Business.... I'm A Newbie (538 Views)

Sade Okoya Dazzles For Hello! Nigeria Magazine(photos) / Starting A Magazine Business / Newspaper Or Magazine Business, Is It Profitable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Magazine Business.... I'm A Newbie by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 03, 2014
Hi all..
My name is Tina and I'm looking to start up a magazine bussiness... Really keen on it.. But I dunno how to go abt it. Never done something like this before..... But I'v read a lot about it online.. I still need all the help I can get. Thanks smiley
Re: Magazine Business.... I'm A Newbie by Networkingprof: 2:47am On Aug 04, 2014
There is pre-press, press and finishing. All these stages can and should be outsourced. Master your distribution, this is where the headache lies, this is where you get paid after paying others. Dont give your finished product to leech news-stands, they lose nothing if you lose, they may not deliver their end of d bagain if you sell. Learn your lessons quickly as you move up in life. Wishing you all round success in your magbuz.
Re: Magazine Business.... I'm A Newbie by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 04, 2014
Networkingprof: There is pre-press, press and finishing. All these stages can and should be outsourced. Master your distribution, this is where the headache lies, this is where you get paid after paying others. Dont give your finished product to leech news-stands, they lose nothing if you lose, they may not deliver their end of d bagain if you sell. Learn your lessons quickly as you move up in life. Wishing you all round success in your magbuz.
Can u please explain those terms? Thanks
Re: Magazine Business.... I'm A Newbie by databoy247(m): 6:55pm On Aug 04, 2014
This should help.
http://www.wikihow.com/Start-Your-Own-Magazine

When i just finished my NYSC back in 2008, i decided to launch my own magazine...i did all the necessary things, printed, then distributed, but it failed. I have to go back and figure out why it failed (i never figured it out) and let you know, perhaps wont make the same mistakes i made. Will be back.

(1) (Reply)

Millionairs Connection Party / Business Opportunity / CBN SHOULK HELP US ON HOW TO CONVERT RECHARGE CARD AIRTIME TO BANK ACCOUNT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.