Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,296 members, 7,839,457 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Is Ice-prince Overrated? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is Ice-prince Overrated? (595 Views)

Is Ice Prince Now Better Than M.I? Answer And You Could Win N1, 500 Airtime / List Of The Past, Outgoing & Present Hip Hop Artistes In Nigeria (overrated) / What The Hell Is Ice Prince Waiting For? (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Is Ice-prince Overrated? by planetuzor(m): 10:05pm On Aug 03, 2014
I have not come as one who really knows what rap is all about or someone who is completely a novice, but in my opinion I think the subject matter in person of Ice-Prince the Aboki himself is overrated

I kept wandering what's this guy rapping that's making him bag awards even when his got no hit song. He's just like a one way rapper,one particular rap tone and style (with due respect to him)...

Sincerely am of limited knowledge here of this Guy and how come he gets most of the BET awards and always nominated in rap category even when his music impact to the average nigeria that just like good music is just too minimal...

Even at this time when we have some venon spitting rap artist like this ones listed below in no particula order

Vector d Viper
Terry d rap man
Phenom
Olamide
Phyno
Ill-bliss
Reminisce....

Please guys educate me on this issue. I really want to know is his worth the awards and nominations or just overrated in you own opinion...
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by RoyalRoy(m): 10:37pm On Aug 03, 2014
You are damn right.

I had always thought I was the only one who think he is wacked and just a one-style rapper. Not versatile at all.

He still managed to have some cool rap style before he released his hit song Aboki My Guy. And after then he remained in one spot doing the same rap to all his songs afterwards making you get tired and bored of his style.

With the list you put above as rappers who tilt the scales better than Ice... I think only Vector and Terry are worth mentioning as the other guys are indigenous with their rap and so we can't compare them with Ice in that aspect.

1 Like

Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Mynd44: 3:31am On Aug 04, 2014

(1)

[music] Asa – The One That Never Comes + Satan Be Gone / 9 Facts You Should Know About The Illuminati So That You Don’t Sound Stupid! / Asa Fans Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.